Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rose Weasley

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    Is it a stretch to believe that Rose and Scorpius will become romantically involved? If not, would that at least be capable of being friends?

For the former part of the question: likely, but not very. As said before, a lot of our discussion will be based on a particular writer’s story, the plot etc, and the requirement to mould the characters accordingly.

In a Romance fiction, this idea is plausible, if you’re a believer of the school of “opposite attracts”. I say this, putting my trust in a Scorpius who is a most likely Slytherin, a bit liberal in his views seen in comparison with his grandfather and father, but a shares a something little in interests or skills with Scorpius. Also, why does this romantic involvement have to only take place within the walls of the castle?

It is equally possible that if Rose and Scorpius ever became involved with each other, this will happen out of Hogwarts. The reason for this is simple. Ron shows us in the Epilogue that he still nurses something against the Slytherin house, despite the fact that his tone was quite mild about the whole exchange. With a whole lot of the family being in Gryffindor, it is likely Rose date guys not in Slytherin. Here I’d quote something cmwinters said in Scorpius’ Character thread: “…and in fact that's what that Epilogue pretty much said about the next generation; that nothing really changes.”

True. Very true. So all those stories featuring Rose/Scorpius must base their romantic feelings on strong reasoning and carefully develop those to achieve convincing characterisation.

Moving on. Although there is no evidence of this, but as a girl I believe Rose would generally take on the views and manner of thinking after her mother. This puts her as a Gryffindor quite not like her Ron or Harry. She will I believe support her own house always, but not abuse the students other than in her own.

Therefore, to answer the second question, she doesn’t have to be the extreme of feelings, being romantically involved or capable of a friendship with Scorpius, but something along the lines of a civil acquaintance would do.

It is most likely that these students will study about the Second War in their History of Magic classes. Hoping that the writer of those books in not a prejudiced wart, under the guidance of a good professor, that class will finally do some good, you know. Open the students’ mind, for instance.

Does Rose Weasley seem like the type to pick up Quidditch (does she take after her father's love or her mother's indifference)? What position would she play?

More than enough Quidditch blood in the family, I guess. So, reasonable to think that Rose will also play. Bring in the fact that Rose has a three-year or more difference with Hugo, so Ron will take considerable interest in teaching his daughter the game, before he gets to teach it to his son.

But will she play on the Gryffindor Quidditch team? We can only anticipate.

Both will and won’t are equally possible.

Here’s the family history of Quidditch players:

Charlie: seeker
    Ginny: seeker, chaser
    Ron: keeper
    Twins: Beaters

For Rose, the position of a Seeker or Chaser is most likely.

What kind of relationship do you believe she has with her younger brother? With her cousins?

Rose seemed like a nice, obedient and easy-going person in the Epilogue. She will be a good influence on Hugo, I think. If anything, they most probably will mirror the Weasley sibling relationship at their best. Which pair of sibling doesn’t have their little arguments. As a matter of fact, bickering or random bits of teasing would make their relationship convincing.

I see her as sharing a particularly close bond with Albus. An overall friendly relationship with her other cousins as well.

Do believe Rose will share her mother's anxieties and rabid behavior when in comes to school work, or do you see her as being more confident in her own abilities as a student?

I see her as being more confident. One of the reason, that Hermione was very anxious when it came to her homework (especially in the first three years) was her being a Muggleborn. She came to a strange world and wanted to be academically sufficient everytime. This made her study more than was always necessary.

Rose would not face the same situation. This is the reason, she’s more confident about her skills and intellect. Combined with Hermione’s guidance, I see her as being responsible about her studies but never freaking out.

-Akay

"Same story, different versions, and all are true."
    - Tia Dalma, Pirates of the Caribbean II

Lovely banner by ze bean and avatar from the brilliant
    LJ home of mrserinreynolds

deviantART page here

MarieEvans760
    Since Rose is barely mentioned, and I just loved what she could become because of such different parents, I decided to write my first story on her. I'm just going to answer these question on how I've interpretted her.

Do you think Rose Weasley would end up in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw? What personality traits do you believe she would have that would contribute to this sorting?
    Not going to lie, I think she'd be in Gryffindor. Having a dad who is very sarcastic, and playful, she has to have a sense of humor as well as the strength to defend herself( I know this because I'm in the same boat ). I see her somewhat like a Ginny character. There are a lot of boys in her family, a TON of uncles, so she has to have a tough skin. Also with having a mother who believes everyone ( wizards and house elves alike ) need to stick up for themselves. I think she would raise a very strong, and independant girl!

Is it a strech to believe that Rose and Scorpius will become romantically involved? If not, would that at least be capible of being friends?
    I don't think its a stretch, but thats not the route I wanted to go. I think that if Draco didn't push his beliefs on him, he could go to school with an open mind, but the way JKR left it, I believe she wanted a next generation trouble maker. Since Harry and Draco only noted each others presence, and weren't like 'Hey man, whats up?' haha, that nothing between the families was going to change. But hey it could be like a Romeo and Juliet thing.

However I don't think Hermione would be mad if Rose was with Scorpius, Ron might however.

Does Rose Weasley seem like the type to pick up Quidditch (does she take after her father's love or her mother's indifference)? What position would she play?

Eh, thats a hard one. Hermione was talented at pretty much everything but Quidditch and Ron was always a little rocky. I believe if any of the next generation kids were going to be good at quidditch it would be Lilly Potter!

Do believe Rose will share her mother's anxieties and rabid behavior when in comes to school work, or do you see her as being more confident in her own abilities as a student?
    I don't think rabid, but if I were her daughter I would be haha. Hermione wasn't so smart just because she was a study fiend. She was very bright. I think Rose would have that trait and use it to her advantage. She may not in the library 24/7 but I could see her having trouble with something, and looking for a solution with a book.

What kind of relationship do you believe she has with her younger brother? With her cousins?
    I'm sure James, Albus, and Lilly are more like siblings than cousins. I imagine they see each other a lot. So like siblings I sure they bicker at one another, but love each other no matter what. The other cousins, I really don't know. Since Rose ( I believe ) is more along the middle area of age range between all of the cousins, she most likely gets along with everyone.

With Hugo, she probabley very protective of him. She wants him to experience things on his own, but is like a mother to him when they're at school.

ms. leading
    I love to use Rose as a character. I see her as a mixutre of both Ron and Hermione, but I'll explain more in the questions.

Do you think Rose Weasley would end up in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw? What personality traits do you believe she would have that would contribute to this sorting?

It would always be Gryffindor, for me at least. I can see why people would pick Ravenclaw, but honestly, I think this is just allowing a want to be unique override what is realistic. Both her parents were in Gryffindor, including the rest of her family. The only reason people are suggesting Ravenclaw is because of Hermione's intelligence, and assuming that Rose did, as Ron said, inherit this trait, we need to remember that Hermione was placed in Gryffindor because her other characteristics were ultimately greater than her bookishness.

Is it a strech to believe that Rose and Scorpius will become romantically involved? If not, would that at least be capible of being friends?
    Yes But I still adore this pairing. Mainly because I'm attracted to the idea of forbidden love. And in the eyes of Ron, a relationship with Scorpius would definitely be forbidden. I think both Hermione and Ron would be concerned with the idea of the two dating, but Ron would have his opinions on the matter heard more often.

I'd like to think she had little time for Quidditch, but I'm biased because I despise sport. I agree with MarieEvans760, and think that Lily would be a more likely candidate for the Quidditch team.

I personally don't even see Rose as someone who is really school oriented. I think she'd be naturally good at school and studying, but not to the degree Hermione was. She'd be somewhat reluctant to do homework, like Ron, but get it done to earn passable, if not high, grades.

She'd be protective of her brother, but of course he'd be the annoying younger sibling with whom she argues with. She'd have to be close to Albus as they're in the same year, and probably in the same house.

I like to think she would inherit a mixture of Ron and Hermione's characteristics. She'd never be a minature version of either.

~ Cassie

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Hi this is interesting. I don't often think about this generation being more concerned with Marauders but here's my take on it.

I think she'll be a Gryffindor. I believe the hat would treat her very much as he did Hermione but she'd chose Gryffindor.

Well I think Ron's prejudice will have an effect at first but then Hermione's more common sense approach would rub off. I can see Rose being intrigued by Scorpius to start with and maybe trying to find things out about him. Whether they become friends/lovers depends very much on Scorpius. I'm sure he'd have to have a totally different mindset from his father at the same age to even contemplate looking on Rose (and any Gryffindor) as a friend.

She comes from a strong Quidditch loving family but then again she has Hermione as her mother and her Uncle Percy wasn't a Quidditch player either. Also Molly Weasley isn't a fan- you remember she didn't go to the World Cup. If she played Quidditch then I think she'd be greatly influenced by her Aunt Ginny (who does play professionally) and be a Chaser.

Do believe Rose will share her mother's anxieties and rabid behavior when in comes to school work, or do you see her as being more confident in her own abilities as a student? I agree with what someone else said about Hermione's obsession with school work stemmed from the fact that she needed to prove herself so I think rose would be more relaxed. However, she is already dressed in her school robes before they get on the train which is so like Hermione (and Snape too ) I see her as very intelligent but not quite as driven as Hermione.

Normal sibling relationship to be honest. I think Hugo, who seems much more relaxed like Ron, will annoy her at times. I can see her looking up to James but then whilst at school realising that she's more than capable of standing up to him. I see her and Albus as close- probably more close than her and Hugo. With Lily I think there'd be love and protectiveness - although I don't see Lily as needing anyone to protect her. I think the relationships with the other cousins are really up in the air- I can't see her having anything in common with Victoire- but she might have an affinity with Percy's children especially as Hermione always got on quite well with Percy.

What I'm putting forth is, why does Rose seem to be the one Weasley who cuts away from the pack? I don't think she has to be the one Weasley that's different. Percy and Molly don't like Quidditch. I can't see Victoire being a Quidditch player either. As I said at the beginning I haven't read much fanfiction concerning this generation but it seems a bit cliched to just have her as mini-Hermione even if JK Rowling has given us that impression in the epilogue. I'm sure if she wrote about that generation she won't be quite as obvious as that.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

cinnamonapple
    What kind of guy would Rose be good with? Like his personality, I'm not looking for any Rose/Scorpius opinions, (even though I think they're cute together).
    I need to know, so I can form a good OC for my fic.

Azhure
    It's hard to say since we know so little about Rose, so all we can do is look at her family. She is a Weasley, yet her mother is Hermione. I'm thinking that she would go with the sort of guy that's funny, kind, but loves to hang out in a library - okay, that's just basically a mix between her parents...

Just a laid-back sort of person who understands that Rose actually likes to study - we're assuming she is like Hermione in this case.

Okay, I wasn't much help. But it's just what I think!

~~Azhure~~

Inverarity
    Well, I hope Hermione learned a few things from her own days as a schoolgirl, and tried to impart a few lessons to Rose. So I think Rose would insist on being treated with respect, and not put up with a boy who takes her for granted.

(Actually, I'm afraid she'd act more like her mother and let the boy she likes be a total prat for seven years and then convince her it was all worth it with one moment of decency. After all, it worked for her parents. )

Rose would value bravery and heroism. She grew up hearing about her parents' adventures. So she'd probably be inclined to date Gryffindors, whether or not she is one herself.

From her father, she'd probably have a fairly high tolerance for flippant, even boorish behavior, and she'd appreciate a sense of humor.

This is all assuming that Rose takes after her parents, of course. Kids often turn out to be radically different from their parents, whether out of deliberate rebellion or just intrinsically different personalities. And Rose, like most next-gen characters, is really a cipher about whom you can write almost anything. So she could turn out to be a boy-crazy girly-girl (and wouldn't that be splendid revenge on Ron, when his daughter reminds him of Lav-Lav!), or a studious bookworm who barely even notices boys and makes Hermione seem like a party-girl, or an angry, rebellious, angsty teen who starts dating Slytherins just to piss off her father... anything is possible!

k_leigh
    I'm sure that I won't say anything in this post that hasn't already been said, but I'm writing a S/R fanfic that I've been working on since Book 7 came out, so I'm came to see what people thought...

Originally, I had Rose in Ravenclaw, purely because I thought she seemed shy and smart in the epilogue. I can also see her being incredibly witty, but with that would be more of a dry, sarcastic wit. I don't see Rose as being afraid of anything, though. Being the older sister, I think she posesses a lot of that protective (almost motherly) trait that comes with being a big sister. So, when you add the sarcasm and the fearlessness, I ended up changing her to Gryffindor. (Plus, it just adds to the S/R tension XD. Not that they care, but Albus sure as heck does!)

Is it a strech to believe that Rose and Scorpius will become romantically involved? If not, would they at least be capible of being friends?
    *Points to opening statement*
    *Points to sig*
    NO! Scorpius/Rose is my Dramione! And I don't think that's a coincidence, either. I would put money on the fact that JK Rowling was giving her rabid fanfic writers a chance to develop all these new stories with characters that don't have an excessive stretch of predetermined personality traits. It gives us the chance to run free, and I love it
    S/R is definately in my top 5 ships XD

I can definately see Rose being good at Quidditch. In my story, I had her as a chaser. I have no idea why that was, but it just worked. But, after combining the amazing-sister-amazing-daughter-amazing-in-school personality to the mix, the Quidditch star aspect became too much and the only portion I could bear to part with. I still see her as being extremely into the game, though, and having extreme house spirit!
    Maybe on the day of tryouts, she was stuck in the hospital wing and Madam Pomfrey caught her trying to sneak out...and maybe that happens every single year...I dunno XD
    But she loves the game. And she's totally better at it than 98% of the guys.

Rose is, without a doubt, smart. I think she would thrive in the school setting, but I don't think she would really try to. I think she would just pay enough attention in class and do her homework so that it seems effortless for her.
    She definately isn't as OCD when it comes to schoolwork as her mom, but she's just too smart to slack off, like her dad.

For me, Rose is closest to Albus, followed by Lily.
    It's almost like she and Albus are parts of the same person, stuck in two different bodies (yeah, it's cliche, but I don't care =D) I would definately say that Albus is her closest friend no matter what happens.
    As a sister (and mentioned above) I see her being very protective of Hugo. Not overbearing, but the kind of sister that would scare off bullies for him. They fight, obviously, like all siblings do, but nothing too extreme. I imagine Hugo with this dorky little, tooth missing smile that could easily melt her heart and get him out of just about any trouble with her. I think she would adore him more than she could be angry with him. And as they grew older, I can see them getting closer like many siblings do. Close enough that he would share his relationship troubles and tell her all about that night where he, James and his friends snuck out and stole some firewhiskey from Filch's office...

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I am in the process of converting my stories to Word formatting (in the hopes of learning bookbinding one day), and I find myself pondering what sort of handwriting Rose Weasley would have.

I imagine her as being very intellgent, yet quite bold and always one to say what is on her mind, if this aids in offering suggestions.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Handwriting? Interesting.... Well, Ron has large, sloppy handwriting whereas Hermione's is small and neat. In many cases, children tend to make certain letters in the same way as their parents do. I've always imagined Rose's penmanship to be better than her father's but messier than her mother's...a sort of loopy, slanting cursive.

Beautifulamazingperfect banner by BrokenPromise!

BACK FROM HIATUS!