Thread: Rose Weasley

Hybrid View

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!

Rose Weasley

We currently seem to be lacking a thread for Rose Weasley, so I shall post one with some hopefully thought provoking questions.

Do you think Rose Weasley would end up in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw? What personality traits do you believe she would have that would contribute to this sorting?

Is it a strech to believe that Rose and Scorpius will become romantically involved? If not, would that at least be capible of being friends?

Does Rose Weasley seem like the type to pick up Quidditch (does she take after her father's love or her mother's indifference)? What position would she play?

Do believe Rose will share her mother's anxieties and rabid behavior when in comes to school work, or do you see her as being more confident in her own abilities as a student?

What kind of relationship do you believe she has with her younger brother? With her cousins?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Kcharles
    Do you think Rose Weasley would end up in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw? What personality traits do you believe she would have that would contribute to this sorting? I've always thought of her like Hermione, smart enough for Ravenclaw, but still going to Gryffindor.

Is it a strech to believe that Rose and Scorpius will become romantically involved? If not, would that at least be capible of being friends?
    I think it's like Dramione, that it would only happen in fan-fiction. I do see them as friends, but not really good ones.

Does Rose Weasley seem like the type to pick up Quidditch (does she take after her father's love or her mother's indifference)? What position would she play?
    I think she would be a Quidditch player, and she'd play Keeper.

Do believe Rose will share her mother's anxieties and rabid behavior when in comes to school work, or do you see her as being more confident in her own abilities as a student? I see her as a James Potter mixed with Hermione. Laid back, but will study a fair bit.

What kind of relationship do you believe she has with her younger brother? With her cousins?
    I think she has a good relationship with her cousins and brother. Don't know why, but I do.

kask
    Do you think Rose Weasley would end up in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw? What personality traits do you believe she would have that would contribute to this sorting?

Honestly, we don't know much about her, so it could go either way. We do know that she has "her mother's brains" so one could say she is intelligent and belongs in Ravenclaw. But just because she's intelligent, it doesn't mean she honors intelligence over bravery. Remember, Hermione was in Gryffindor and that's where Rose gets her intelligence from. So she could easily be in Gryffindor. It wouldn't be much of stretch since children being in the same house as their parents is seen throughout the novels (Lily-James-Harry, Arthur-Molly-all their kids, Lucius-Narcissa-Draco). But then again, it's not necessary (Sirius, for instance).

I see Rose in Gryffindor, personally, but I'd say put her wherever it suits your story best. If it's easier for her to be in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw (for your plot), then do that. Maybe as a Ravenclaw, Rose and Scorpius' relationship would be less rocky (since there wouldn't be any Gryffindor/Slytherin hate).

No, I don't see this as a stretch. We know nothing of Rose or Scorpius, so their future is a blank slate. Personally, I think JK put them in the same year on purpose, to let our imaginations run wild. Besides, there is something very Romeo and Juliet about them together.

And yes, I think it's possible for them to be friends. But I think something would have to happen to get them there. I doubt they would just become friends their first day of school like Harry and Ron. And depending on how Scorpius was raised, it may even be a rocky road, a Lily-Severus type of friendship.

Maybe. Being raised by Ron, I think it's very plausible. I'd just be careful about who else is into Quidditch. I wouldn't make it so all of the Weasleys and Potters play on the same team, because that's just ridiculous. I see her as a Chaser. (Maybe a Chaser of Scorpius too :])

Do believe Rose will share her mother's anxieties and rabid behavior when in comes to school work, or do you see her as being more confident in her own abilities as a student?

I don't think she would be quite as crazy about schoolwork as Hermione. I think that Hermione worked so hard (partly) because she wanted to prove herself. She was Muggle-born, and she wanted to show that she belonged at Hogwarts as much as every pure-blood. So she studied hard and got top grades.

I think that Rose wouldn't have that extra thirst to do that, because she would be raised in the Wizarding World and know she belonged at Hogwarts. But the studying is also part of Hermione's personality, so it could easily be in Rose's. I think that Rose will be inclined to study and read, she'll love to learn and spend time in the library, but I don't think she'll be quite so crazy about it. I can't see her studying for her NEWTs in her sixth year; I see her as more relaxed.

Like most siblings, I think Rose and Hugo get closer as they age. They probably fought when they were younger, but after a few years at Hogwarts, got closer and became friends. Since Ron is very close to his family and Hermione is an only child, I doubt their children would be too far apart.

As for her cousins, I see Rose very close to them. At least, I see her close to Ginny's and George's children. In the Epilogue, it seems Rose is close to Al, and I'm sure she is friendly with James and Lily.

Amanda Vega
    Personally, I have always favoured Rose as a Ravenclaw - although admittedly, this is partially because I adore Rose/Scorpius - but there is canon-ness for it!
    In the epilogue, we she that she's very eager about learning - she has her school robes on far before she needs to, and far before anyone else even feels the need to do so. We know that she is supposedly able to beat Scorpius in every test (Ron wouldn't say that if Rose wasn't smart - he's not that good at sarcasm! xD). Although I'm a believer in Ravenclaws not being entirely characterised by the 'school is so amazing!' philosophy, it works in this case, and just by her manner I get the sense of her being a bit of a show-off with her knowledge, very clever, etc., and although Hermione was also very clever know-it-all-ish, Rose's manner at this stage is different than Hermione's was, especially considering she was raised knowing about magic and things and Hermione was not. It was only natural for a Muggle-born to be curious and excited about magic - but Rose, who is accustomed to the idea of magic already, doesn't inherently need that curiosity - rather, it seems that she just has an abnormally great thirst for knowledge. And, of course, the thirst for knowledge, whether or not in a scholarly manner, is a very Ravenclaw trait!
    /stops psychoanalysing again

But, like Kask said, the whole kids-in-parent's-houses thing could always come into play, it's just that Rose seems a bit too insecure overall to be in Gryffindor to me, just reading into her minimal lines of description [: It'd be pretty easy for her to be insecure, too, whereas neither of her parents had any major reason to be (both Ron and Hermione obviously had small bits of insecurity, but not the inherent insecurity I see Rose as having - more nervous than insecure). I don't think Gryffindor would really be that great of a house for any insecure person (Albus' insecurity is an entirely different matter, but that's another thread entirely).

Is it a stretch to believe that Rose and Scorpius will become romantically involved? If not, would that at least be capable of being friends?
    No.
    Not that I'm biased, or anything.

xD

-points to avatar-

Anyway, I see the Next Gen kids as a sort of let's-break-away-from-everything-that's-been-holding-the-previous-generation-back deal. We know that Draco and Harry have come to a grudging compromise of sorts - they'll never like each other, but they're civil in the very least (I don't think Ron would forgive Draco as thoroughly - he'd definitely hate him more than Harry would - but they'd still have that grudging sort of compromise). <--- So that spiel was basically saying that taking that stance, there's no way Draco could really be so horrible, Death-Eater-ish, and he probably wouldn't raise his child the way Lucius raised him (note: I'm not a supporter of the whole Lucius-abused-Draco idea - we know both his parents cared for him very much - I just mean he wasn't raised with as much prejudice and things). Scorpius would have prejudice, of course, but I doubt it would be to the extent Draco had it, and I doubt that he would really know that it was offensive or 'bad.' Sort of a learning-through-association deal - he wouldn't know that, for example, the word 'Mudblood' was bad, as Draco did, just that it was something his parents would say that meant 'Muggle-born.'
    Am I making sense?
    But yes, I think that neither of them, whichever houses you put them in, will really have so much solid house divisions (I get the feeling that those house lines have faded a bit from their strict drawing since the Final Battle, anyway) and prejudices and preconceived ideas about each other and/or their respective families, and so they could become friends (or not, if that's what you like), and, of course, lovers [:

-squees over the pure awesomeness of the Chocolate ship-
    ^^ Chocolate is what we have named the Scorpius/Rose ship. Because their names sound like a really awesome chocolate bar xD ^^

I think she would like Quidditch - but not the the extent of Ron, or anyone. She'll like flying, she'll like being in the air, she'll just not be obsessed with it, or on a team or anything. Some things are more important to her, I guess.

And honestly, I cannot explain my reasoning for that xD

Do believe Rose will share her mother's anxieties and rabid behaviour when in comes to school work, or do you see her as being more confident in her own abilities as a student?
    I think she'll like learning - but not necessarily school. I see her as a bit of a procrastinator with her work - but she does so because she knows that she'll get it done, and get it done well. I definitely do not see her as a mini-Hermione. I like to think that she'll, well, maybe not be -confident- in her abilities, because as I said, I see her as a bit inherently insecure, but she'll know that even if she doesn't do the homework the minute it is set, doesn't write down every single thing the teacher is saying, etc., she'll still get good marks and still be an intelligent student, and the professors can't say anything about her not necessarily being a perfect student in class (even though she'll still be a relatively good one) because she does the work, and does it well, because SHE KNOWS that she is naturally, inherently smart. Hermione was not inherently intelligent - she was studious, and she worked for those grades. I see Rose as being very naturally intelligent (also with the Ravenclaw thing). She works in class - she doesn't have to, but she does because like Hermione she enjoys school and things - but when it comes down to it, she doesn't need to, and she can do all the work independently of class and the things she learned there.
    I see her as a bit better at practical and applicable magic/general smarts than with written and 'test' sort of work.

Maybe it's the influence my triplets have had on me, but I see Rose and Hugo getting along very well when they were younger, but they sort of grow apart as the years go on. HOWEVER, they are still each other's confidants when need be, because their growing-apart-ness is overpowered by the fact that even though they don't get along, they are often the only person the other can talk to.
    This is both because that's the way I see it work with a lot of people, but also that, Rose being older, I can kind of see her really wanting to have a sort of power over him - both because older children often feel like they deserve that 'right', as proven by science, and also because her insecurity complex that I am so fond of would make her really, really, need to have that sort of power, over something, anything - and Hugo gives her that.
    For a time, anyway - because while I don't think Hugo has such a dominant personality as, say, Lily, I don't think he'd really appreciate his big sister being all controlling of him and things (although I do see him liking it when they were, like, four and six xD it's cute, then, being attached to your big sister). But even though they wouldn't really get along too well, because they would always have conflicting ideas about, mostly, whatever Hugo should be doing, among other things, they would still trust each other with a lot of things they wouldn't necessarily want to tell their parents or their friends.

With her cousins, I think Rose and Al are very close. I think that they would sort of latch onto each other, especially in the beginning, with Rose's insecurity and Al's just general nervousness. I've always seen them as close, anyway, but I think that would maybe magnify the close-ness. They're very different, but also very similar at the same time.
    /no sense

With her other cousins, I do think Rose cares about them, and loves them all, because I see her as a very caring person, but I see them as getting on her nerves easily, also. I don't imagine she gets along too well with James - he teases Al too much, and Rose and Al are in my mind more like brother and sister than cousins - or with anyone else who messes with him, really, which I imagine many of them do. I do think, however, that because she cares about them, if anyone ever hurt or insulted any of her cousins, even unintentionally, she would be a very passionate defender of said insulted cousin.

EDIT: Wow, I feel like I killed the thread! xD

DOUBLE EDIT: Okay, I know it was long, guys, but don't feel intimidated! /sarcasm -likes this character- I want to know what other people think about her!

First Year Gryffindor
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives

*does not feel intmidated*

Do you think Rose Weasley would end up in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw? What personality traits do you believe she would have that would contribute to this sorting? Gah. Well, I mean, we see Rose for, like, five minutes. In those five minutes, Rose seems a bit insecure, but it's her first school day, so who can blame her? The only thing we learn about her personality is Ron saying "Thank God you inheirited your mother's brains" (or something like, am too lazy to find book ). So that would point to Ravenclaw. But I think that fic writers can go any way with this, because we know nothing at all. But I personally prefer Ravenclaw, just because it seems silly to "inheirit" a house.

Is it a strech to believe that Rose and Scorpius will become romantically involved? If not, would that at least be capible of being friends? Rose/Scorpius is slowly but surely becoming my OTP. *grins widely* I think that Jo put in that comment from Ron for a reason! Also, Draco probably really wants to stay on Harry's good side after the war. He had probably encouraged Scorpius to be nice to the Weasley-Potters, but probably not get too close. The first few years Scorpius would probably heed his fathers advice to treat the Weasley-Potters with respect. In later years, he might start to ignore the whole "not too close thing". Another thing- when Ron told Rose about Scorpius, he made her notice him. So now Rose is aware of Scorpius and the fact that she must beat him in every test. AND as others have said before me, the whole House thing might not be as serious now. So Scorpius and Rose might be a bit more open to a possible romance than their parents.

If this isn't a good base for romance, I don't know WHAT is.

Before I go on, can I just, like, really quickly LAUGH at the name Scorpius? I mean who names their kid after a poisonus insect?

Does Rose Weasley seem like the type to pick up Quidditch (does she take after her father's love or her mother's indifference)? What position would she play? I doubt it. Rose, in the epilouge, is presented as a shy, quiet bookworm. I don't think that she would be all that interested in Quidditch, to be honest.

Do believe Rose will share her mother's anxieties and rabid behavior when in comes to school work, or do you see her as being more confident in her own abilities as a student? Absolutely. Judging by Rose's obvious insecurity in the epilouge, she's probably going to stress over her schoolwork. I also think that Rose will be somewhat of a bookworm with a love for learning. After all, she's Hermione's daughter. Something must have rubbed off

What kind of relationship do you believe she has with her younger brother? With her cousins? Well, with Hugo I suspect the typical older sister/younger brother relationship, which I think is half love, half disgust. And with her cousins... let's just take the ones we know:
    James: James appears to be confident and I bit arrogant. I think that the much more serious Rose would find him annoying, and he would probably feed off of that.
    Albus: I definitely see the grounds for a good friendship here. I mean, the two have grown up together planning going to Hogwarts together. I can only imagine the two of them sticking together throughout all their years at Hogwarts.
    Lily: I think that Lily is a lot more outgoing than Rose. Therefor, I believe that Rose will look down on Lily as someone that she ought to protect.

All of this is based on the epilouge and my personal love of Rose/Scorpius
    You'll love it.

Banner and avatar by me

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Well, there have been a lot of clashing viewpoints when it comes to Rose's character. Namely how she seems split between her Wealey blood and her Granger blood. She seems either the redheaded Gryffindor who is good at school, but lives for Quidditch, or the more reclusive Ravenclaw with her nose stuck in a book, much like her mother, who barely knows the rules of the game.

What I'm putting forth is, why does Rose seem to be the one Weasley who cuts away from the pack? All the other Weasley grandchildren, people seem to be perfectly fine with making them Quidditch point-scoring Gryffindor, but what is it that makes Rose so different? What makes her so special that she is allowed all these differences? All we hear Ron say at the beginning is that Rose gor Hermione's brain, but that in itself does not make her Hermione's carbon copy. Being intellegent doesn't necessarily make someone a good student (ask my Spanish teachers...and chemistry...and trig).

Is it because we were given the oppurtunity of knowing her mother from the very beginning, so it is easier to visualize Hermione's character traits being passed down, or is it something in Hermione's character itself? Does she seem like the type to have a perticularily strong influence over her daughter's influence? Enough so to override all those years of Weasley characteristics?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Great beirniny
    I think she would be in Gryffindor. Hermione and Ron and all other Weasleys were in Gryffindor. She has the brain to get into Ravenclaw, but would probably end up in Gryffindor because of family.

I think this is basically Dramione. Only in fanfiction and never canon. They might be a bit more civil than Hermione and Draco were, but all that depends of how much blood purity stuff Scorpius has. If Scorpius isn't at all like Draco they might be friends, but romance probably not. Draco and Ron would throw a fit if that happens.

I think Rose will be a fan a Quidditch not indifferent, but just likes to watch. Also she will play with her brother's and cousins during the summer playing chaser position. She might try out for the team when she's older, but either won't make it or be a chaser.

I think Rose will be a student who does well, but doesn't have to try too hard. She can be an O/E student, but doesn't push herself very hard. She might have an A or P along the way, but overall will do well.

I think she will have a good relationship with them and this will probably result in her becoming a tomboy. I think she will have the same thing that happened to Hermione. Becomes good friends with a bunch of guys and then they don't think of her as a girl. Like what happened with Hermione and Ron in fourth year.

What I'm putting forth is, why does Rose seem to be the one Weasley who cuts away from the pack? All the other Weasley grandchildren, people seem to be perfectly fine with making them Quidditch point-scoring Gryffindor, but what is it that makes Rose so different? What makes her so special that she is allowed all these differences?
    I think this happens because the Weasley's are all guys except for Ginny, Rose, and Lily. Also I think Percy might have been the last Weasley who was thought of being smart. All the others are Quidditch jocks, pranksters, or just take after their parents and other relatives. Rose being the only girl besides Lily is torn between taking after her mother or her father. Lily isn't at school yet and both her parents were Quidditch players. Rose could be a Quidditch fan or player like Ron or just go with books like Hermione.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Handwriting? Interesting.... Well, Ron has large, sloppy handwriting whereas Hermione's is small and neat. In many cases, children tend to make certain letters in the same way as their parents do. I've always imagined Rose's penmanship to be better than her father's but messier than her mother's...a sort of loopy, slanting cursive.

Beautifulamazingperfect banner by BrokenPromise!

BACK FROM HIATUS!

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    I've always seen Rose having absolutely beautiful cursive, so ulike mine. This may sound like an odd question, but is she left-handed or right-handed?
    On hiatus for a little while
    Photobucket

This slice of pure awesomeness was made by majestic_ginny. And the avvie (another slice of awesomeness) was made by Broken_Promise.

AND...I'm an ebil minion.

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea

In my story, I placed Rose in Ravenclaw for several different reasons. First off, just because she is not in Gryffindor doesn't necessarily mean she isn't brave. On the contrary, she is recklessly brave at time, though her reasons for being so are not the pure nobility of a true Gryffindor. While Rose is a caring person, she has a logical mind that separates the people she knows into two categories: loved ones and others. She would risk everything she someone she deeply cares about, but for everyone else, she would leave them behind without any feeling of guilt at the time. Of course, she may regret the decision later on since she does take a lot of time to reflect on her actions when she is alone, but for the most part she would just be happy the ones she loves are alright.

That got a bit of topic... The main reason a placed her in Ravenclaw is because she inherited her mother's bright mind (but no her study habits) along with the strategic part of her father's mind that caused him to be such an amazing chess player. She is also very competitive, a trait I usually associate with Ravenclaw since their thirst for knowledge would often, I imagine, would result in a contrant race of who will figure it out first and who is top of the class and so on. Rose's competitiveness is mostly seen through her Quidditch matches rather than her exams, but she would definitely be a bit put off if someone bragged about getting a higher mark than her.

Rose is also independent, another quality of Ravenclaw House that is seen the greatest in Luna Lovegood. I imagine that most Ravenclaws have to have to have some sort of "I don't care what others think" attitude since they are unafraid to miss a Quidditch game in order to study for a test. Obviously, Rose isn't a normal Ravenclaw Eagle since she would always pick Quidditch over text books, but the main point is still the same. She isn't afraid to be herself and will fight for what she wants.

Is it a strecht to believe that Rose and Scorpius will become romantically involved? If not, would that at least be capible of being friends?

Considering Ron's famous words at the train station, I think it would be a stretch to say that they WON'T become involved in some way. After all, we've all witnessed JK's amazing foreshadowing abilities. I doubt she would have Ron even mention marrying Scorpius to Rose if she didn't think the two of them would end up together a few years down the road.

In my story, Rose and Scorpius meet on the train and have a semi-civil discussion, but for the rest of the school year, they mostly ignore each other. Second year, Rose tries to make up for her rude behavior, but Scorpius wants nothing to do with her. This leads to a very competitive third year in the classrooms and on the Quidditch field. After a bit of maturing, the two put aside their differences fourth year and actually become friends, and this bond only grows stronger fifth year and there is even a sense of romance between them. In sixth year, things far about for the two after some events that I won't get into detail, and as for seventh year, well, I don't won't to post any spoilers for my story, so I'll just leave it at that...

Rose is a very passionate Quidditch player and starts her third year. Even though she tried out for Keeper (being Daddy's little girl) the captain of the team noted her fast reflexes and agility on the broom that, while valuable in a Keeper, are essential in a Seeker. She was a bit disappointed at first, but now she can't imagine playing any other position.

Rose doesn't worry about her studies much unless she has a reason for wanting a perfect grade, such as when she's about to ask her parents for something or another student challenges her intelligence in which Rose has to prove them wrong. Unlike her father, she does get her work done in a timely manner and never copies any assignment, but she doesn't study every night like her mother. She does the work asked of her, nothing more and nothing less, and only really studies the night before for an hour or two. Even during O.W.L.'s (and later N.E.W.T.'s), she never stresses about her marks, and still manages to come out with mostly O's. Her logical mind just doesn't see the point in studying something she already knows well enough to do well on an exam, and even if she does get stuck on a question, she can usually make up a fairly close answer that gets her at least half credit.

My opinion seems to be very different from the majority. I personally don't see Rose and Hugo having a very close relationship during their Hogwarts years. Before that, I could see the two of them palling around and playing together all the time since they are only a year apart. They would have their fair-share of sibling rivalry, but they are so different that they don't full-out sibling fight like others might. Rose is curious and adventurous and wanders off while Hugo usually stays close to their parents and the rest of his family and doesn't like being on his own. As kids, Rose dragged Hugo around with her, but as he became more and more resistent to her efforts (and his taller size soon out grew her so she could no longer physically force him to come with her), she would have given up on his companionship little by little.

As for the rest of the cousins, I'll try to make this as short as possible!

Teddy: Being the oldest, Teddy is sort of the big brother over the entire family, mostly the girls and especially towards Lily and Rose since he spent the most time with the Potters and the Ron/Hermione Weasleys as he was growing up. Rose looks up to Teddy greatly and, as most little sisters view this big brothers, she sees him as being invincible and able to protective himself from any danger. In other words, he can basically do no wrong. Whenever she's feeling sad, she automatically goes to him for comfort.

Victoire: Rose doesn't get along to well with her oldest cousin because they simply don't have a lot in common other than their House. Victoire can be manipulative and vain, traits the Rose can't stand, though they both have the general aura of "the girl next door" feeling. While Rose isn't a completely tom boy and Victoire isn't a complete beauty queen, those aspects of their personalities clash. Rose don't sometimes go to Victoire for boy advice, but only after she has asked everyone else in her family.

Dominique: Rose and Dominique are kindred spirits who will not be told how to live their lives and will fight for what they want; Dominique just takes it a step farther than Rose and is a lot gutsier when going against her family. They have a close friendship, and Rose often goes to Dominique for advice on just about anything, and she also does her best to council Dominique when she is having a hard time with a big decision.

James, Fred, and Louis: These three boys are never seen apart, so I thought I would combine them all into a category. Together, they acts of a separate big brother force that enjoys teasing their family but would kill for them at the same time. Individually, they are very different. James and Rose often clash because they both inherited a strong dose of Weasley stubbornness, so when they disagree, they will argue about it for days, weeks, and even months until one of them finally decides to drop it. Fred is much more understanding, and although Rose doesn't often go to him when she's going through a hard time, he is always there for her. Louis is soft-spoke and sticks to the rules, so he and Rose don't have very much in common, but they would protect each other as any member of the family would.

Molly and Lucy: These two sort of act as the angel and devil on Rose's shoulder. Molly will encourage Rose to not listen to anyone but her heart while Lucy will advice Rose to think her decision through thoroughly and logically. It isn't always clear which one acts as the devil and wich as the angel, but Rose usually ends up ignoring them both and choosing her own third option. All three are prefects, so they spend a lot of time together and get along fairly well, though Rose sometimes gets fed up with Lucy's know-it-all attitude or Molly's extreme bending of the rules.

Roxanne: Rose, Roxie, and Dominique often hang out together playing Quidditch or just generally rough-housing, so Rose and Roxie share a similar relationship to Rose and Dominique.

Lily: Lily is the youngest cousin, so Rose, along with the rest of the family, tend to baby her and be very over-protective. Rose is more understanding than some of her older cousins, but the two redheads do sometimes have a tense relationship when either of them makes a decision the other doesn't agree with.

Albus: Out of all her family, Rose is closest to Albus. Whether this is because they grew up together or because his mellow personality balances out her fiery one, they are inseparable. They tell each other everything and all their fondest memories have each other in them.

What I'm putting forth is, why does Rose seem to be the one Weasley who cuts away from the pack?

I think this is because, as stated before, we do know both of her parents so well. The only other part of the family like this is Harry and Ginny's kids, but their names and clues in the Epilogue lead to very distinct personality. Albus is like Harry; James is like his grandfather; and Lily is like her mother/grandmother. Teddy is also a similar situation, but for reason, the HP community has seemed to agree on a healthy mix between Tonks and Remus, perhaps two of the most loved characters in HP.

Rose and Hugo both have the option to be many different personalities because their parents are also so different. They are truly opposite in every way, which gives a lot more options for these Weasley children versus, lets say, the Potter kids whose parents are very similar in most aspects. The reason Rose causes more contradictions then Hugo is still a mystery. I think it is mostly because not a lot of writers concentrate on him since everyone is still preoccupied with Albus and Rose more than any of the other cousins. Also, this could be that he is the youngest, so whatever personality they give Rose, they can just give Hugo the opposite.

Focusing back on the topic, I think writers enjoy the idea of a Rose who is very much like her mother but also can't resist the idea of a Rose who is just like her dad. I think the only reason so many people view her as a bookish, Hermione copy is because of Ron's comment about her inheriting Hermione's smart brain. I think people forger that someone can be smart without being the extreme that Hermione was, or that a person can start school as being really dedicated to studying but losing their motivation in later years.

As for the rest of her personality, as mentioned before, there's an either or option. Athletic or indifferent? Studious or lazy? Short temper or mellow? Open about emotions or closed off? Values a plan or spur of the moment? And then we must always remember that Rose is her own person and will develop traits that neither of her parents have, which only makes the entire process even more confusing!

What kind of guy would Rose be good with?

In my story, Rose does end up with Scorpius, but his personality does compliment hers. Rose is very open about her emotions and where she stands, and Scorpius is rather closed-off and isn't very good at talking about feelings and such. Rose has a very short temper and lashes out when it is set off, but Scorpius is very patient and in control of his emotions and only shows anger after the fact when he rants about it later. Of course, he does sometimes forget to bite his tongue and says something really hurtful, while Rose prefers to shoot a jinx (or a fist) when in a confrontation. Rose is very fun-loving and out-going, and Scorpius is more reserved. She doesn't always think things through, so he's there to point out when she needs to slow done and think about the situation. In other words, the balance each other, which I think is important for any couple.

So, to better answer the question, it depends on your view of Rose. If she is more bookish and quiet and shy, she would probably fit better with someone out-going and confident though sees the importance of knowledge as well. If she is more of an athletic jock who is a bit ignorant of other, she would probably end up with someone who is very open about their emotions and maybe more on the quiet and observant side.

What sort of handwriting would Rose have?

For my version of Rose, I think she would have a slightly messy style that is obviously written quickly as she thinks, though still clearly eligible. I think that when she writes essays, though, she would try to make her script neat, and it would turn out very nice though very generic. Not too loopy or too straight, but just like it was copied straight from a book.