Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Slytherins Play to Win!

apollo13
    Merlynne, dearie, you need to correct 'fowl' (a gaming bird) to 'foul' at one point in your last.

Smith flew forward to take the penalties. Twice, he scored, twice the crowd below roared their approval and twice Krum let out a chain of swearing and cursing in anger. It seemed that the Hogwartians growing success was enraging the professional team and causing them to play dirtier than ever. Ginny supposed that they were becoming desperate – after all, she doubted that the Cannons would be proud of being beaten by students.

She dived down and yelled, “boo!” at Gorgovitch, who dropped the Quaffle in surprise. Ginny snatched it quickly, laughing, and sped over to the goalposts.
    I forgot to put the score in there. >.< Could the next person do so, please?

EDIT: Thanks, Haylee!

~Evie

XhayleeXblackX
    Ginny took aim and scored.

“Ten more points to Hogwarts!” called Bagman as the Cannons came back into possession.

“Bradley, look out!” Ginny yelled as a Bludger soared towards the Chaser.

Luckily, Bradley heard Ginny’s warning and swerved to the left. However, his narrow escape outraged Bloxam so badly that he threw his bat, hitting Draco in the head. Draco dropped a few feet in the air, but recovered quickly, scowling at Bloxam, who had gone to fetch his bat.

“Another penalty shot to Hogwarts for unsportsman like conduct by the Cannons,” Charlie announced.
    94 Words

Evie, dear, you misspelled Cannons at the end of your drabble; it should have two Ns.

-Haylee

Merlynne
    With every foul committed, the Cannons seemed to become even more desperate; pulling out all the stops to try and ensure that Hogwarts lost. After a whirlwind half an hour of play, the scoreboard read one hundred fifty to fifty for Hogwarts.

“Things are starting to look bleak,” Bagman’s voice droned. Even he seemed overcome with disappointment as he commentated the Cannons’ turn from bad to worse. “Another fifty points for Hogwarts and there’s no hope. Krum better catch that snitch soon…”

“Krum!” Bloxam cried desperately. “Stop watching the game and find the snitch!”
    94 words.
    150-50 for Hogwarts. Sorry for taking in a lot of "ground" with that post, but I thought I might as well push it ahead a bit.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    So far the Seekers had had very little to do other than hover above the rest of the players. Since his foul on Malfoy earlier in the game, Krum had kept his head down but he was becoming increasingly frustrated with his team’s inability to score goals.

When Hogwarts scored again bringing the score to one hundred and sixty to fifty, Krum decided it was time to liven things up a bit. Suddenly, as if he had seen the Snitch, he began to dive, weaving in and out of the Hogwarts Chasers, stopping them from passing to one another.
    99words

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

apollo13
    Malfoy began to zoom after him, eyes scanning frantically for any sign of the Snitch.

“Malfoy!” yelled Ron. “He’s faking it! There’s no Snitch!” Years of Quidditch matches, magazines and debating with his brother had given Ron a very clear idea of the style of both the Canons and high-profile Quidditch players. At his call, the Hogwartian team kicked into action, and ignored Krum, much to his annoyance.

Smith seized the Quaffle, and scored once, only for the Quaffle to be picked up by Ginny and thrown through the large hoop again.

Merlynne
    Malfoy, however, was determined to catch Krum.

“Looks like Krum’s seen something!” Bagman called. “Here they go! They’d better get there quick before the kids can score again! One hundred eighty to—”

But whatever Bagman would say next would be drowned out by an enormous gasp from the audience as Krum braked, swerved, and pulled up from him dive. Malfoy didn’t.

The crowd parted to make way for the Hogwarts Seeker to come smashing through the stands. He had no time to break before the collision, but only blink, and let out a scream
    95 words
    We've still got the day to get in as much as possible! I think we're in a good position! Great work guys!

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    The crowd gasped as Malfoy collided with the stand, before falling the short distance to earth. Madam Pomfrey, who was on hand to treat injuries, rushed onto the pitch and began waving her wand over the unconscious Seeker.

Gorgovitch took advantage of the Hogwarts’ team distraction to grab the Quaffle and started flying in the direction of the Hogwarts’ goal. Noticing just in time, Ron flew back into position and easily saved the poor shot. With Malfoy having regained consciousness the rest of the team seemed to remember they were in the middle of a game and quickly reformed.
    Are we 180-50? so we need 3 more goals to put them far enough ahead. Do we have until the end of Sunday, or is it today?

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

apollo13
    Ginny, fired on by a sudden new spurt of determination, lay flat along her broom handle, and punched the Quaffle out of Wintringham’s arms, where it was seized by Bradley. They flew at breakneck speed to the goal posts, where Bradley passed to Ginny again. She dodged Valblatsky easily (who could not manoeuvre his broom very quickly) and threw the Quaffle through the centre hoop.

“The Hogwarts team is certainly taking advantage of the lack of Keeper!” shouted Bagman, laughing as Ginny punched the air. “One hundred ninety to fifty. I hope the Cannons are just being polite!”

XhayleeXblackX
    “Just being polite? I’ll show you polite!” called Radford, swinging her Beater’s bat back and launching it at the small ball. The Bludger flew forward with intense speed, but the force of impact had sent the bat backwards right into Lucretia’s face. Blood poured from her nose, as Smith scored again for Hogwarts.

“Oi, can you not see she is bleeding?” Bloxam yelled to Madam Pomfrey, who was still fretting over Draco. The woman seemed to have ignored him, so he motioned for Krum to listen. “Take Lucretia’s bat and hit Weasley!”

Krum took the bat, and soared towards Ginny.
    100 Words.

Pst: I was leaning towards Krum maybe taking that order literally, but choice is up to the next poster.

I think the score is Hogwarts 200 - Cannons 50! We're almost there, gals!

-Haylee

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Ginny didn’t see him until it was too late. She felt the crack of the wooden bat against her head as he sped past and for a moment she saw stars in front of her eyes. She could vaguely hear the sound of a whistle and Charlie shouting, “Penalty to Hogwarts!” Smith and Bradley flew over to her but she couldn’t make out what they were saying. All she could think was that she needed to get down to the ground. She began to descend but the movement made her feel sick and the ground seemed to move further away.
    yet another injury! though at least we've got a penalty which can finally tip the score over the edge. I'm off to bed, i'll post again in the morning if I can and if you haven't finished it while I'm asleep.