Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Slytherins Play to Win!

XhayleeXblackX
    Ginny’s thoughts were validated as Krum kicked Draco’s broomtail, veering him off course. The blond attempted to steer his Nimbus back onto course, but the damage had been done.

Draco’s broom was caught by a strong gust of wind, and he spiralled towards the ground. Thinking only of her team’s victory, Ginny darted downward, catching up with the Slytherin just in time to pull his broom handle upward.

“Foul!” shouted Gorgovitch as he threw the Quaffle at the goal. “She grabbed another player’s broom!”

“They’re on the same team, idiot,” Ron snapped, knocking the ball away from his left hoop.
    100 Words

I couldn't think of a word that Ron would use to say "idoit" other than "prat" and that gets so over used. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Thanks, mine doesn't say it's wrong, but I'll change it. Silly Word.

-Haylee

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Charlie’s whistle prevented Gorgovitch’s retort.

“Penalty to Hogwarts for interference to Seeker’s broom by Cannon’s Seeker.”

The Hogwartians cheered. Ginny stepped up to take the penalty. She was thrown the Quaffle and took her position on the penalty line. The whole stadium was silent, everyone waiting to see if Hogwarts could finally score. Taking a deep breath she threw the Quaffle straight at the middle hoop and closed her eyes. A sudden eruption of cheering told her all she needed to know and she opened them again to find her team rushing at her in celebration.
    96 words.

Other words for idiot: fool, loser, twit, moron, - all words I've used in the past.
    Also my spell-checker is telling me spiralled needs two Ls, just thought I'd mention it.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Merlynne
    “Great, Ginny!” Jack Sloper cried. “We’re only behind by two goals!”

Before the Hogwartians could disperse from their victorious huddle, a bludger came tearing through their midst, catching Ginny sharply in the shoulder. The team glanced angrily in the direction of Lucretia Radford, who hovered, bat raised, a few meters away.

“Now will you hit her!” Ginny called to Sloper, clutching her shoulder in pain.

“Oh, OK,” Sloper replied unevenly. “Quick, here they come!”

Hogwarts moved back into position as the Cannons pulled back around, Gorgovitch clutching the Quaffle determinedly.
    90 words
    I think it's 30-10 for the Cannons, just for the record. Go team!
    As for spiralled/spiraled, one of them's US, and the other's UK, so you could probably pick your favourite (I don't know which one's which)

XhayleeXblackX
    Ron watched with a mixture of fear, anger, and determination as the Chaser flew towards him, but he had followed the Chudley Cannons for as long as he could remember. Thus, he knew their flying style like the back of his hand.

As Gorgovitch darted off to the left goal hoop, Ron pretended to follow him, but slowly. He knew that Gorgovitch would really throw the Quaffle at the right ring. Sure enough, the Chaser did so. Only this time, the Keeper was ready.

“Hogwarts scores! They trail the Cannons by a mere ten points!”
    95 Words.

Win, win, Slytherin . . . fifty character rule . . .

-Haylee

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Feeling a renewed confidence the Hogwarts Chasers got back into formation and sped up the pitch, passing quickly back and forth, so that even Bagman struggled to keep up with them.

“It’s Weasley to Smith, who passes to Bradley, who gives it to Weasley, who returns it quickly to Bradley. He’s within shooting distance now and yes, he shoots and scores! Hogwarts have equalised. Excellent keeping attempt from Wood there though, just missed it by an inch.”

In the stands, Harry clapped along with everyone else, though he found himself constantly watching Malfoy, waiting for him to make a mistake.
    100 words.

Thought I'd bring Harry in for a moment. Now that Hogwarts have equalised the Cannons can begin to play dirty!

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

apollo13
    Ginny saw Smith punch the air, and Bradley clap his hands gleefully. She grinned, and flew back to the centre of the pitch, waiting for the chance to grab the Quaffle again. Suddenly, she heard a whooshing sound behind her and, instinctively, she ducked. She felt the Bludger miss her head by inches, and looked up to see it hit Oliver Wood. She watched as he fell towards the ground.

She winced, and wheeled round to see who had hit the bludger. Behind her, holding the bat up high and looking stunned, was Bloxam.

Merlynne
    “Merlin!” the Cannons’ captain breathed, almost dropping his bat.

Not wasting a moment, Ginny accepted a quick pass from Smith to streak towards the goal. The empty hoop was just too tempting. Pulling to a stop, Ginny tossed the Quaffle directly through the middle hoop even as Healers swarmed around Wood below.

The Hogwarts crowd cheered, even as Ginny heard a resounding crack. Glancing back, she saw Bloxam nearly lose his seat as a bludger rammed into his back, hit by Crabbe.

“Way to hit them when they’re down, Crabbe!” Smith called sarcastically, but the big Slytherin only grinned proudly.
    100 words on the dot.
    Way to go, Slytherin! 30-40 now for Hogwarts!

XhayleeXblackX
    The Cannons quickly brought in a reserve; the only one they had which accounted for every position. He flew up to the goal and play resumed. Valblatsky took possession of the Quaffle and shot off towards the Hogwarts end of the pitch, determined to score.

“Valblatsky’s going for the goal . . . and he’s almost there . . . wait! Bludger to the head of Valblatsky hit by Crabbe again. Now, it’s Hogwarts in possession. Bradley passes to Weasley, who swerves to miss Radford’s Bludger and- Weasley scores! Hogwarts leads 50-30!” Ludo exclaimed.
    94 Words

I really hope that is okay, I kind of lost my train of thought in between pressing respond and writing. Only a hundred and ten+ goals to go!

-Haylee

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    The Hogwarts’ Chasers once again began to head to towards the goal. Ginny caught the Quaffle and looked ahead to judge the distance to the goal. Suddenly, to her surprise she saw Radford flying straight at her, at full speed. Unsure if she had lost control of his broom or was trying to distract her, Ginny attempted to swerve out her path. Radford was flying so fast, however, that Ginny couldn’t get out of the way quick enough and the end of Radford's broom collided with her own, sending her veering off course and causing her to drop the Quaffle.
    100 words.

Thanks for the reminder Merlynne, I've changed it to make sense

Sorry, probably should have included a goal since we've got so many to do, but maybe this could give them a penalty.

Merlynne
    “FOUL!” Ron called from the end of the pitch, ears reddening.

Charlie Weasley hesitated, whistle pressed to his lips before finally blowing. “Foul,” he admitted.

“WHAT?” Radford exclaimed, veering her broom around to approach Charlie. “That was a complete accident! How—”

“Careless flying,” Weasley continued, “Just because it was careless doesn’t mean it wasn’t a foul. Penalty to—”

But Radford already had her wand out as she was overcome with outrage.

The audience gasped just as Charlie blew the whistle a second time. “Two penalties to Hogwarts. One for Blatching, one for threatening the referee.”
    98 words.
    Pst. Radford is the lady beater. Should be feminine.
    EDIT: Oops. Thanks Evie!