Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Slytherins Play to Win!

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Ron followed Harry’s gaze.

“Damn, I’d forgotten about him. He transferred to the Cannons at the end of last season for a record fee. They spent almost their entire season budget on him, the stupid git.”

Harry sighed; he really wasn’t in the mood to listen to Ron’s ramblings on Krum nor was he especially keen to talk to the Bulgarian himself. He wondered if it was really necessary to have a practice before the tryouts. He was fairly certain he could make the team without it. Muttering an apology to Ron, Harry turned back towards the castle.
    I thought we could skip the practice but I've left it so that if someone wants to do the confrontation between you-know-who and you-know-who over you-know-what (can you crack my code?) now rather than waiting for tryouts they can. Otherwise we can skip almost straight to tryouts

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

XhayleeXblackX
    For the next four nights, Ron begged Harry to go to practice with him, but each night, Harry gave him the same reply.

“Honestly, Ron, I don’t need to practice. I’ll be able to make the team.”

On the sixth night of practices, Harry decided to attend in order to show off his skills and be considered for the team, but mainly to stop Ron’s grumbling.

“This will be the last practice before we chose the team, everyone. After the announcement tomorrow, we will have our final practice before the match,” stated Gorgovitch as the team walked toward the crowd.
    100 words.

Keep up the work, team.

-Haylee

Merlynne
    The next evening, a large banner was hanging in the Great Hall announcing the last day of tryouts for the “Once in a lifetime chance to be part of a once in a lifetime game!” Despite his confidence that there was no better Seeker in the school, Harry felt nervous. He managed to get down half a potato and a few peas before joining Ron at the Quidditch pitch, where a large number of very nervous students were also huddling around, gossiping before tryouts.

“All right!” came a barking cry from the Cannons captain, Cygnus Bloxam. “Everybody in the air!”
    100 words.
    Awesome work team! Let's keep it going! Win, win, Slytherin!

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Harry mounted his broom and kicked off the ground. As he soared into the air, he felt a renewed confidence in his flying skills. There weren’t many others trying out for the seeker position and he was definitely the strongest of the ones that were there.

He circled the pitch a few times, pulling off a few tricky turns in order to get the attention of Bloxam, who was up in the air watching them, along with several other professional players.

Eventually Bloxam blew his whistle again and Harry followed the example of the others and began to descend.
    we're really speeding up now!
    Go Slytherin

-Hannah

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

XhayleeXblackX
    As the students crowded around Bloxam, the rest of the professional team joined them. Harry’s nerves began to creep back through his body, but he shook them off quickly. Who else could they choose?

“After careful consideration, your professors and I have decided the line-up for the Hogwartian team,” announced Bloxam, “The following students will be Chasers in the match: Ginny Weasley of Gryffindor, Jonathan Bradley of Ravenclaw, and Zacharias Smith of Hufflepuff.”

“The Beaters are Vincent Crabbe of Slytherin and Jack Sloper of Gryffindor,” added Lucretia Radford, the Cannons’ female Beater. “And Ronald Weasley of Gryffindor will play Keeper.”
    100 words.

Hope that's okay, only the Seeker left to be announced!

Let's go, Slytherin! Keep up the awesome work!

-Haylee

Merlynne
    “And our Seeker,” Krum interrupted before shock could register on Ron’s face, “Will be Mr. Draco Malfoy.”

“What?” someone declared, but all sounds were drowned out by an enormous amount of cheering from the Slytherins.

“What about Harry?” Ron was demanding somewhat angrily, though he couldn’t help but grin at his own success.

“He missed ze first practice,” Krum explained before shrugging. “And that Malfoy is not bad,” he added.

“Not bad?” Harry heard himself mutter and he glanced over towards the Slytherins, who had hoisted Malfoy into the air and were chanting, “Win, win, Slytherin!”
    96 words.
    Sorry about the time gap. Come on team!

apollo13
    “Bad luck, Harry,” said Ron.

“Bad luck? Bad luck? It has nothing to do with bad luck!” Harry said, and even in the dim light of dusk, the intense colouring of his cheeks was obvious. “I just … Malfoy must have bribed them!”

“Or it could be because you didn’t bother coming to any of the practices,” replied Hermione idly. “Maybe they didn’t see enough of you.”

“Krum’s seen me fly before,” muttered Harry moodily, still blushing furiously.

“Well, try not to be so arrogant in the future then.”

“Arrogant? I wasn’t being arrogant!”

XhayleeXblackX
    “Sorry, mate, but you were being a bit Percy-like,” Ron added, clapping Harry on the back.

Harry threw Ron’s arm down and stormed off toward the castle. Hermione bid Ron goodbye and followed suit. As the Slytherins lowered their hero down, Ron joined the Hogwarts team.

“This should be fun,” Ginny muttered to Ron as she joined him.

“Yeah, nothing like house unity, right?”

“Oi, Weaselby, ready to practice?” Malfoy taunted as he too joined the mix.

“Shove off, Malfoy.”

“All right everyone, the Cannons versus Hogwarts game will be held tomorrow; thus, let’s split up and practice,” stated Bloxam.
    100 Words.

Evie, I think that the "were" after cheeks should be "was" because the colouring is the subject, or whatever, and it is doing the action not the cheeks. So it's not plural it's singular which would be was. I think so, anyway.

The prompt said one day would be set aside to learn from the pro's on how to improve their skills, or something, so that's why I had them split up. Chasers with Chasers, and so on . . .

WIN, WIN, SLYTHERIN!

-Haylee

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    The professional team began to distribute themselves among the Hogwartians, so that each player was paired up with their professional equivalent. Oliver Wood strode over to Ron and shook his hand.

“So you’re the one who took over from me after I left? I’ve been watching you fly all week and you’ve definitely got skill though there’s room for improvement. Shall we get straight up there?”

Ron nodded and mounted his broom. He had never had much too do with Wood and was mildly intimidated by him, which when combined with his nerves made it difficult not to throw up.
    100 words

*gasp* I didn't realise it was over so soon. We'd better get a move on. I'm extra available this week due to school hols so should be able to post as often as I can

Merlynne
    “I wouldn’t go as far as to say take over, though,” Ron protested feebly, missing the Quaffle Wood tossed at him to test his reflexes. As he turned a brighter shade of red, Wood laughed.

“Bit sensitive, are we?” he jested.

Ron opened his mouth to say, “Of course not!” when a bludger came whizzing by at an incredible speed. Ron barely ducked in time.

“Merlin, Lucretia,” Wood called to the woman a few feet above them with a beater’s bat. “You almost killed us!”

“I’m teaching these two how to hit a bludger properly!” she replied, grinning maniacally.
    99 words.
    We can do it! Let's power through the practice! Awesome work!