Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Slytherins Play to Win!

XhayleeXblackX
    “Good luck with that,” Wood replied as he tossed Ron another Quaffle. Thankfully, Ron just barely caught it before throwing it back to Oliver. “Nice job, Ron. Now, try to use a little more grip this time.”

Across the pitch, Draco and Krum were diving after a small golden ball, Krum in the lead by a mile. Just as Krum caught the Snitch and Draco hit the ground face first, Bloxam darted over to the pair.

“You’re supposed to be giving him pointers, not showing off, Krum!” he scolded, a look of dislike upon his face. “Thirty minutes left, everyone!”
    100 Words.

We're almost to the match. We can do it, team!

-Haylee

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Close to where Krum and Draco were practicing, Ginny and the other chasers were honing their passing skills. Krum was becoming increasingly annoying and was constantly flying through the group, supposedly chasing the snitch, though Ginny noticed he seemed to be focusing his attention on her rather than actually looking for the snitch.

Eventually Alexandra Wintringham, one of the Cannons’ chasers called out to him, “Oi, Krum! Stop behaving like a prat, you’re distracting us and interrupting our practice.”

“Vat? I cannot help it if they are distracted by me.” He winked at Ginny, who stared at him in disbelief.
    100 words.
    Hope this is ok. We're getting closer!

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

apollo13
    She snorted in disgust, about to shout a witty remark, when a whistle sounded.

“Practice is over,” yelled Wintringham. “The match will be tomorrow, midday. See you all tomorrow!”

Ginny was walking back up to the castle. She had spent a little too much time in the shower and was the last person. Up ahead she saw Krum and Bloxam talking.

“Well you shouldn’t have annoyed your last Captain, should you? None of us wants to be on this stupid team, we’re rubbish…”

“Vell, ve shall see tomorrow. I did not get transferred so I could lose to school children.”
    I think we can just jump straight to the match now. That was just to hint at how desperate the Canons are, and also to bridge the gap between the practice and match.

~Evie

XhayleeXblackX
    The next day, the entire school headed down to the Quidditch Pitch for the match. Harry grudgingly trudged down as well to cheer Ron and Ginny on.

“Welcome one and all to a once in a lifetime match-up. May I present to you the Chudley Cannons!” announced Ludo Bagman. “Captain and Beater Bloxam and his partner in pain Radford, the Chasers: Gorgovitch, Wintringham, Valblatsky, and the new additions: Keeper Wood and Seeker Krum!”

As Bagman announced the team, each orange clad member flew out into the pitch and circled around a few times before he announced the Hogwarts team.
    99 Words

Eh, not the greatest but if it gets us moving along . . .

Let's get'em team!

-Haylee

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    “Now, will you please welcome onto the pitch, the chosen team from Hogwarts! The Chasers: Weasley, Bradley, and Smith, the Beaters: Crabbe and Sloper, the Keeper: Weasley and finally the Seeker: Malfoy”

The Hogwarts team flew onto the pitch, dressed in black Quidditch robes, to huge cheers from the crowd.

“Finally I would like to introduce our guest referee for the match, an ex-student and Hogwarts Quidditch star, Charlie Weasley!”

The shock on both Ron and Ginnys’ faces as Charlie flew onto the pitch showed they had known nothing about their brother’s involvement in the game.
    96 words. I wasn't sure if Quidditch was supposed to be capitalised but I thought I would go for it and if it's wrong could someone let me know?

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Merlynne
    “Wonder how Malfoy likes the Weasleys now,” Ron muttered to his sister, flying a few feet away

“Sorry,” Ginny apologized after a moment’s distracted silence. “I was watching Krum fly. He really is quite good.”

“Come on, focus!” Ron hissed.

“Oi, Ron!” came a shout, and Ron turned to face Oliver Wood, who descended from where the Chudley Cannons were hovering in formation. “Remember the Keeper’s stance!”

“Stop giving him tips, Wood!” Bloxam barked. “Get to your hoops! We’re starting soon!”

Ginny tore her eyes away from Krum to rejoin the other chasers at the center of the pitch.
    99 words.
    Yes, I think Quidditch is normally capitalised.
    Let's keep up the pace! Great work!

XhayleeXblackX
    “All right, everyone, let’s try to keep this a nice and friendly game, okay? On my whistle,” stated Charlie, a look of excitement upon his face. “Three, two, one!”

Charlie then blew on his whistle and the match began as Valblatsky grabbed the Quaffle. Ginny sped off after him, followed closely by her teammates, but it was no use. The professionals were simply faster and more skilled. Valblatsky scored quickly, giving Ron no hope to block the red ball.

“10 points to the Cannons!” commented Bagman. “ And it’s Smith in possession. Passes to Bradley- wait! Gorgovitch steals the Quaffle!”
    100 Words.

Just checking, but I am allowed to post after two people have posted, correct? Just making sure I was allowed to post after you, Merlynne.

We've got a good pace going, let's keep it up.

-Haylee

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    There was a groan from the crowd as the Cannons scored again.

“Now Weasley catches the Quaffle from Weasley, passes it to Bradley, who passes it to Smith and back it goes to – ooh, that looked nasty! A well hit Bludger from Bloxam causes Smith to drop the Quaffle straight back into possession of the Cannons. Now it’s Wintringham to Gorgovitch and yes, I don’t believe it – he’s scored again! A suberb shot. That makes 30-0 to the Cannons.”

The Hogwarts chasers attempted to regroup but their attack was once again halted by the Cannons’ Beaters.
    96 words.

I have this all saved in word and we've written 2620 words so far - that's like the same length as a medium chapter of a fic!

Merlynne
    The first bludger was hit by Bloxam, and tore a line through Hogwarts’ Chasers as they attempted to put together an attacking formation.

“What do we do now!” Smith demanded as the bludger changed direction to come ploughing back through the Hogwarts team.

“Nothing!” Ginny called back in reply. “That’s the beaters’ job! Let’s try it again!”

“Crabbe, hit Radford!” Smith called anxiously.

“I’m trying!” the Slytherin called back thickly. “Make Sloper do it!”

“Hogwarts is back on the defensive!” Bagman’s voice called. “Great Beating by Radford allows Wintringham to take the Quaffle! The Cannons actually have the lead!”
    99 words
    Nice! And yes, it's two posts between. Win, win, Slytherin!

apollo13
    “Vat do you mean, ‘actually’?” Krum yelled at Charlie. “Of course ve are in the lead, ve are professionals! Or I am anvay,” he muttered, as he watched Gorgovitch drop the Quaffle, to be picked up by Bradley below.

Ginny watched in alarm as Krum became more and more wound up at the poor-quality playing of his team. Certainly, it was no secret that Krum had been transferred to the Canons against his will, and she supposed that he had something to prove. Nevertheless, she felt distinctly uneasy as Krum began to fly uncommonly close to Malfoy.