Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slytherins Play to Win!

Hybrid View

Merlynne

Slytherins Play to Win!

The time has come, Slytherins, to begin the competitive portion of this round's QWC

The team again:
    Merlynne
    coolh5000
    xhayleexblackx
    apollo13
    Alternates: leahsm2 & HARRYHARRYHARRYs twin

The prompt again:
    A group of friends are sitting in the Main Hall of Hogwarts during breakfast when there is a commotion in the hallway. Going out to investigate, the friends find a notice posted on the door leading to the outside of the castle. It reads:

Private professional Quidditch practices to be held on the Hogwarts Quidditch pitch for the next seven days. ONE DAY will be set aside for a group of seven lucky students to receive a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn first-hand from the professionals how to improve their game. The prize will be a match against the professional players played in front of the entire student body. If interested please see Professor McGonagall.
    Anything you're unsure of can, as always, be discussed in the planning thread. Feel free to take liberty with things we haven't planned but remember these guidlines:

-Drabbles must be 100 words or less
    -Beta one anothers' drabbles for spelling etc.
    -Wait for at least two people to post after you before you post again (otherwise there is no posting order)
    -Have fun!

*releases snitch* whoever wishes to may start us off.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Thought I would start - hope this is OK with everyone.

Harry was trying to finish his breakfast as quickly as possible. Ginny had been waiting for him in the common room that morning and as a result they had both arrived late to breakfast, leaving very little time to eat before he was due in his first lesson. It seemed the post had already arrived by the time they got there because Hermione had her head buried in the newspaper, though Ron was no where to be seen.

Just as Harry was finishing his last mouthful of cereal, he saw Ron running towards them, looking ready to burst with excitement.
    100 words

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

XhayleeXblackX
    Okay, here goes nothing!

Ron was nearly breathless as he beckoned impatiently for Harry, Hermione, and Ginny to follow him out into the hall. Curious, they all obliged quickly, forgetting their hurried breakfasts and morning papers. They entered the Main Hall and found a commotion of excited students gathered around the door of Madam Hooch’s office.

“Go and read!” Ron demanded eagerly, pointing to the door. “Go on!”

The three mates pushed their way through the crowd of gossiping teenagers and over to the door. They looked up at the note taped to the oak door and listened as Hermione read the memo aloud.
    100 words exact. I was going to put the memo in there, but it was too long. Maybe the next team member could?

Win, Win, Slytherin!

-Haylee

apollo13
    “We at the Department of Magical Games and Sports have organised a one-off match between specially selected students and a mystery professional team…Private professional Quidditch practices to be held on the Hogwarts Quidditch pitch for the next seven days... One day will be set aside for a group of seven lucky students to receive a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn first-hand from the professionals how to improve their game... The prize will be a match against the professional players played in front of the entire student body… If interested please see Professor McGonagall.”

“Wow,” said Ron weakly.

~Evie

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Harry and Ginny looked equally stunned by the information.

“Who do think it’ll be?” Ginny asked.

Ron, who seemed to be recovering from the shock, began reeling off the names of possible teams.

“Well, the Falcons are at the top of the league so it could be them, or possibly the Wasps, they’ve just been taken over and are looking to get some publicity. Of course there’s always the Cannons-“

“The Cannons – I wouldn’t call them a professional team,” sneered Draco Malfoy, coming up behind them.

“Shut up, Malfoy,” growled Harry, as Ron’s face turned slowly red.
    97 words.
    dumdedumdedumdedumwow50isalotstillnotenough

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Merlynne
    Thanks for the excellent start!
    “When are tryouts for this thing, anyways?” Ron asked, attempting to look unaffected and failing.

“Tonight after class,” Malfoy answered, eager to show how much he knew. “Are you looking to break a record in goals scored against you, Weasley?”

Ron changed from red to purple, eliciting an intervention from Harry.

“Yeah, well enjoy watching it from the stands, Malfoy. You won’t make it past tryouts!”

Malfoy sneered a very evil sneer before hurrying back to the Great Hall.

“Cocky, are we?” Hermione called, raising the newspaper once more
    “Come on, Hermione,” Ron rebuked. “It’s Harry!”
    97 words
    Win, Win, Slytherin!

Merlynne
    “It seems as though the Cannons are trying to even out the numbers after the loss of Wood,” Bagman called. “Ms. Weasley will leave the pitch.”

“Monster!” Ron called.

Harry, below in the stands, felt anger well in his stomach as he watched Ginny clutch at a split scalp. Even the boos resonating from the audience didn’t help him feel any better. “Now do you agree with Ron about Krum?” Harry demanded Hermione, who sat beside him.

“Oh shut up,” Hermione snapped. “That’s all done with. What’s important is Smith’s just scored. Harry, Hogwarts might win.
    96 words.
    We've got until midnight tomorrow actually, so we can end it without toooo much haste. I didn't go into detail about Krum's reactions or whatnot to the hit, the team's. I'll let the next person do that. I think we're doing awesome everyone!

XhayleeXblackX
    “I meant to for you to hit a Bludger at her, Krum; not to hit her with the actual bat!” Bloxam scolded. “You just scored their team another goal!”

“Yes, but zat girl is out, and they have no reserve player,” Krum sneered as he flew upward to search for the Snitch.

“You’d better pray they don’t win,” threatened the captain.

“Spare me,” the Bulgarian retorted.

“Just fly.” Bloxam then flew back to the other end of the pitch to back up his Chasers.

“And play resumes as Gorgovitch enters the scoring zone with the Quaffle,” Bagman commented.
    98 Words.

I hope that was okay. I'm not so familar with Krum's accent so if anyone has corrects, please tell me!

Also, Merlynne, were Harry is watching Ginny needs to say "watched" I believe. As this is written in more of a past tense style.

-Haylee

apollo13
    All eyes were on Gorgovitch as he flew towards the Quidditch hoops. He looked down at the crowd, who were all watching him intently, whimpered, and dropped the Quaffle out of his fumbling fingers. It was seized immediately by Bradley, who zoomed down to the other end of the pitch, and threw the Quaffle through the centre hoop with such force, it was nothing but a red blur.

“Two hundred and twenty to fifty!” shouted Bagman. “It's looking bad for the Cannons! I- are they diving for the Snitch?"

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Krum had gone into another dive and this time it seemed he actually was chasing the Snitch. Having just returned to the pitch, Malfoy began to follow but couldn’t keep up with international Seeker. Bagman was following the chase animatedly.

“The Seekers have definitely spotted the Snitch and it’s Krum in the lead with Malfoy following. Ooh – good shot there by the Hogwarts’ Beater but Krum ducks out of the way. He’s getting closer now, I think he might just – yes! I don’t believe it! Krum has caught the Snitch! Hogwarts win by two hundred and twenty to two hundred!
    100 words.

Yay! the winning post. Now we can just round off with a few posts of reactions and we'll easily be done by the deadline.