Thread: 'Claws Chase the Cup

Hybrid View

thechocolatefrog

'Claws Chase the Cup

Hey, 'Claws! This is our posting thread and we already discussed the rules but I'll brief you again.

-wait for two people inbetween posts
    -there is no posting order
    -beta eachother's work
    -100 word limit

The Prompt:
    A group of friends are sitting in the Main Hall of Hogwarts during breakfast when there is a commotion in the hallway. Going out to investigate, the friends find a notice posted on the door leading to the outside of the castle. It reads:

Private professional Quidditch practices to be held on the Hogwarts Quidditch pitch for the next seven days. ONE DAY will be set aside for a group of seven lucky students to receive a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn first-hand from the professionals how to improve their game. The prize will be a match against the professional players played in front of the entire student body. If interested please see Professor McGonagall.
    *hops on Firebolt*
    Rah Rah Ravenclaw!

FaunaCaritas
    Here goes! Rah, Rah, Ravenclaw! Go team.

The Great Hall hummed with sleepy chatter and the four house tables gleamed in the pale morning sunlight. Some students flipped through their textbooks; others munched reflectively on bacon or sipped iced pumpkin juice. But at the Gryffindor table a small commotion was underway.

“Gideon, did you hear? Something is supposed to happen today—something to do with Quidditch.” Fabian Prewett’s brown eyes were dancing with excitement.

“Really? Who says?” his twin exclaimed.

“Julie Smythe, the Ravenclaw Chaser.” Fabian pointed across the room at Julie, who waved back. She jumped up and came to take the empty seat beside Fabian.
    100 words
    spamspamspamspamspamspam

thechocolatefrog
    *shoots blue fireworks into air*

While Julie slid into the empty seat, Gryffindors sent silent glares in her direction. Ignoring them, she smoothed her freshly pleated skirt and leaned into talk to whisper the news.

"I overheard McGonnagall talking to Slughorn about a professional Quidditch match at Hogwarts or something. Something promotional, I guess."

"Today?" Gideon muttered in disbelief. His brother elbowed him in the side.

"No, but the announcement should go up today." He glanced toward the other end of the Gryffindor table. "We should probably tell Alice, right? She is going to be all over watching both teamsí seekers." Julie and Gideon nodded.
    100 words. *polishes Firebolt*

red haired mom
    Alice Carmichael was sitting beside her boyfriend, Frank Longbottom, when the others descended upon them with the news.

“Hey, Alice, did you hear? There’s going to be a professional Quidditch match here at Hogwarts?” Julie asked as they scrunched into the spaces left on the benches.

“No!” Alice asked eagerly, “Who? Which teams are playing? When?”

Gideon waved Kingsley Shacklebolt over and gave him the news while Julie tried to answer Alice’s questions.
    “We’re not sure yet, I just overheard it, but they should be posting something soon.” Julie’s voice drifted off as a commotion started out in the hall.
    100 words

We're off to a great start guys! Keep it up! Rah Rah Ravenclaws!

FaunaCaritas
    100 words
    Fabian Prewett scrambled to his feet again. “I’ll bet you anything that’s about this Quidditch rumour.”

All six of them followed him into the Entrance Hall. A crowd had gathered around the doors.

Timothy Whisp, another Ravenclaw Chaser, pushed his way out of the pack of students. He was clutching a bit of parchment. Timothy was grinning, and as soon as he caught sight of Julie he waved the parchment and gave a whoop.

“Julie! It’s all true. Take a look at this. I made a duplicate of the notice nailed to the front doors.” He handed Julie the parchment.
    *shoots sparks*
    *does a cartwheel*
    Rah, Rah, Ravenclaw!

Pondering
    100 words

Private professional Quidditch practices to be held on the Hogwarts Quidditch pitch for the next seven days. ONE DAY will be set aside for a group of seven lucky students to receive a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn first-hand from the professionals how to improve their game. The prize will be a match against the professional players played in front of the entire student body. If interested, please see Professor McGonagall,” Julie read breathlessly, quivering with excitement.

That was when a lanky girl peered around Julie, exclaiming, “I think it’s GREAT!”

Julie blinked. “Erm, who are you again?”
    Okay. So I didn't really add much. But...Rah, Rah, Ravenclaw!

Steph- Quidditch has two d's and one t, not the other way round.