Thread: Dumbledore's Welcome Speech from PoA

Evester

Dumbledore's Welcome Speech from PoA

Hey, I don't have the books with me at school, so if someone could give me Dumbledore's welcome speech from Prisoner of Azkaban, I would be eternally grateful! (The lexicon only has part of it...)

Thanks so much, and I hope this post isn't too specific for the forum, or whatever...

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Ask my fellow Puff and thou shall receive. I am editing out everything but his words. I hope that is all you need.

"Welcome!"
    "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast..."
    "As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business."
    "They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds, and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises - or even Invisibility Cloaks. It is not in the nature of a dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I therefore warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the prefects, and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs afoul of the dementors."
    "On a happier note, I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year. First, Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."
    "As to our second new appointment, well, I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs. However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching job in addition to his gamekeeping duties."
    "Well, I think that is everything of importance. Let the feast begin!"
    Hope that is what you needed.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Evester
    Ohhhhh, so this was before the feast, good to know, good to know. Thanks so much, this is exactly what I needed. One teensy little favor to ask, was there any more speech after the feast?

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    No not any speech listed.

At long last, when the last morsels of pumpkin tart had melted from the golden platters, Dumbledore gave the word that it was time for them all to go to bed.
    Then the trio went to congratulate Hagrid on becoming a teacher.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House