Thread: The Older School?

Azhure

The Older School?

Hi,

I am writing a Founder Era fan fiction, I was wondering if Beauxbatons Academy and Durmstrang Institute were older then Hogwarts. If so, can you give me an estimate on how many years older?

~~Azhure~~

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    No, I'm quite sure it is mentioned somewhere that Hogwarts was the first magical school... Or was it the first magical school in Britain? I'm not too sure.

Unless it is absolutely essential to teh plot, I think your best bet will be to make Hogwarts the oldest.

~BB

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Azhure
    Okay, it's not essential so I will just say it's the oldest (unless someone else can find some proof that it's not).

Thanks.

~~Azhure~~

jecleaver2
    Azhure I'm looking on the Lexicon, and they say that the school was founded circa 1000 A.D., but they didn't say anything about any of the other schools. I'm sorry that I couldn't help any more with this.

SiriuslyMental
    I would think Hogwarts was founded first, followed by Durmstrang, and then Beauxb‚tons.

cmwinters
    There are some who think that Salazar Slytherin went off to found Durmstrang after he left Hogwarts, but there is nothing in canon to support this.

(Of course, nothing really contradicts it, either.)

Azhure
    Ok, thanks everyone. I will make Hogwarts the oldest.

Mods may lock and grave this thread.

~~Azhure~~