Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter

Jade Potter
    How Harry would react to abuse. Not like physical or anything like that, but someone basically doing a Kreacher post DH at him, you know, muttering insults under their breath and that.

Depending on the level of the insult, like if it hurt his pride or his friend's feelings or if it was just some stupid insult like for example, "He doesn't deserve the attention, he's a prat.", something like that. If that is the case, he'd ignore it. If his friends were being insulted or if the insult went as far as saying he's no better than Voldemort, then he'll definately defend whoever is being insulted. Now if I misunderstood and this is how he'd react to someone insulting Kreacher, then he'd stand up for the house-elf, he might not have deserved it but still, he helped with the R. A. B. thing.

I also was wondering what he'd do if he fell out with both Ron and Hermione. Would he be angry or sad? Or both? I've been looking through the books but all they seem to do is nag him a bit. Would he loose his rag again after DH?

Well, and this is to me personally, it would depend on what had caused this fall out. How he felt when it happened and afterwards, he'd ten to one fell both sad and angry (at himself and them).

I don't know if that's the best answer to the second question, but i do hope that I helped!

My own question: Would Harry forgive Pettigrew as far as getting his body and burying him properly or just remembering him in some way of just being a Marauder?

(does that question make much sense??)

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    We see that Harry has a capicity for forgiveness. He forgives Ron accusing him of putting his own name in the Goblet of Fire and him leaving in Deathly Hallows (although in both cases Ron has apologised, and in the second saved his life). He also forgives Draco when he sees that he couldn't murder Dumbledore (at least he saves Draco's life and acknowledges him on Platform 9 3/4). We have also seen Harry show empathy for Voldemort.

Could Peter's hesitation have been a sign of remorse, or just because of the debt? and how do you think Harry would see it?

If he saw it as a sign of remorse then yes I can see Harry forgiving him (or at least ensuring that his body is buried). Otherwise I think that he would need to be shown something proving that Peter felt remorse, or was forced into spying by threats to his family etc.

MerryD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lola-Lousia
    Basically, I was wondering how Harry would react to abuse. Not like physical or anything like that, but someone basically doing a Kreacher post DH at him, you know, muttering insults under their breath and that.
    I agree with Jade Potter. If it was just a stupid insult about him than he probably ignore it. He has had to deal with people muttering dumb insults at him. In OotP, page 401 (American edition) it says "Harry of course, had endured their snide comments for more that four years... made him laugh." That is referring to Quidditch insults, but I think that the Slytherins probably made side comments more often than just trying to unnerve him before a Quidditch game. In HBP, page 535 (American edition) it says, "After all, it made a very nice change to be talked about because of something that was making him happier than he could remember being for a long time, rather than because he had been involved in horrific scence of Dark Magic." More mutterings.

However, if it was about someone he cared about, he'd probably jump to the defence of whoever was being insulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola-Lousia
    I also was wondering what he'd do if he fell out with both Ron and Hermione. Would he be angry or sad? Or both?
    I think that it would start with anger and then become saddness. He would start out being mad at them and himself, but then he be more sad and just miss them. In GoF, when he and Ron have a falling out, at first he's mad at Ron for being an idiot, but as their agrument lasts longer, he ends up just missing Ron and being more sad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Potter
    Would Harry forgive Pettigrew as far as getting his body and burying him properly or just remembering him in some way of just being a Marauder?
    I don't think that Harry would forgive Peter. Peter betrayed his parents and he's the reason Harry doesn't have any parents. I think that retrieving his body and burying him are out of the question. Actually, I don't think that he would remember him in any respectful way. If there was one person that Harry truly hated I think that it would be Peter.

/my opinons

I hope this helps! Good luck with your writing, guys!

Peace out.

-Mere

invisible_ink
    Hola, fellow HP lovers!

My question:
    What would Harry do if he found himself attracted to two different girls?
    What about if he was involved with someone, and his best female friend proffessed (sp?) her love to him?
    How would he react to that? Would he stay with current girl automatically? Or would he struggle internally and try to figure out which girl he loved more?

I would appreciate all opinions!!

First Year Gryffindor
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives

What would Harry do if he found himself attracted to two different girls? Choose one. Harry wouldn't keep two girls hanging.

What about if he was involved with someone, and his best female friend proffessed (sp?) her love to him? How would he react to that? Would he stay with current girl automatically? Or would he struggle internally and try to figure out which girl he loved more? I think it depends on how he feels about the friend. If he felt the same way, be would probably break up with the someone. If he only thinks of the friend as a friend, then he would probably stay with the someone. However, if he loved both, he would probably struggle till he chose one, or neither.
    You'll love it.

Banner and avatar by me

eleven49
    Harry's interactions with and reactions to girls in general change drastically throughout the series, which is understandable because after all, the HP series covers a fairly large time span. And his post-DH mannerisms would be another matter entirely. In general, though, if Harry found himself attracted to two girls, it would depend on whether he was involved with one of them or if his feelings were reciprocated by either. If you had more specific questions, I could try to answer better, but for the purpose of your questions, invisble_ink , I'm going to explore some situations with some random girls. Let's go with Ginny and Hermione. (I'm using them because you mentioned "best female friend" - Hermione - and because Ginny is his most serious canon relationship.)

Example One: If Harry realized that he was attracted to both Ginny and Hermione in HBP before he had become involved with Ginny in any way, I think he would face a great internal struggle. Rather than risk huring either of the girls by revealing his feelings and inner conflict - because Harry is very noble in such ways - he would be constantly debating with himself to try to determine whom he liked better. As he turned more to his introspective side, Harry would probably become more withdrawn from his friends, and this wouldn't even be something he could safely discuss with Ron because of Ron's relationships with the girls.

Another example: If Harry was already involved with Ginny when he realized his feelings for Hermione, I think he would be upfront with Ginny about those feelings. Though he might be afraid he would hurt Ginny by telling her, Harry is so loyal that he would feel guilty for even just secretly harboring such feelings while in a relationship with another girl. Harry would also be frank with Hermione about his need to sort his feelings out before taking any steps in one direction or another. So I believe Harry would break off his first relationship (or at least put it firmly on hold) while facing the same sort of internal struggle as I mentioned before.

Yes, that would not be the perfect solution nor would it necessarily be the best one. Harry would hurt himself and both girls in the process of deciding which he loved more, and in hindsight, he would probably be able to see each thing he had done wrong. But everyone makes mistakes, and this is one that I can see Harry inadventently making, however good his intentions would have been. For those of you who have read Stephenie Meyer's wonderful Twilight Series, you can probably see the slight parallel I'm drawing, though I don't want to spell it out anymore and spoil it for those who have yet to read those books.

I hope this helps!

Jade Potter
    When would Harry tell Teddy Lupin about the War and how his parents died?

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills

I think that Harry would tell him all of the details about his parents and the war a couple of months before he goes to Hogwarts. He would want Teddy to be able to refute any rumours, and to know the truth before he got there, but I don't think Andromeda would let him tell Teddy too much, because I think she would smother him a little bit. He's her only family left.

Kate of The Gauntlet Pair!
    IB + Senior Year = Hiatus...again
    Kate...iPoem!...iWrite!...iBanner!...Dumbledore's Navy!
    Avvie and banner by me! Please request!

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Potter
    Actually, in my opinion, I think he'd be doing it in age-appropriate ways for the child's entire life. I can see him (and Andromeda) taking Teddy to the cemetary for birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays.

At some point, Teddy's going to figure out that A) other kids typically have *two* parents (not the one that Andromeda is), that they usually call those parents "Mum" and "Dad" or "Mummy" and "Daddy" and not whatever grandmotherly thing it is he's likely to be using to refer to Andromeda (Grandmother, Grandma, Granny, Gran, etc) and that C) he can change his appearance and other kids can't. I'm betting that's going to be by around age two or three, at which point he's also going to be able to articulate his confusion. And even if he's denser than Goyle (which seems quite unlikely) and doesn't realise it on his own, someone else is going to say "oh look, just like his mother" in his presence.

God knows Hermione's likely to be hanging about and handing the child books hand over fist, and at some point Teddy's going to see something that refers to his parents.

Too, he's being brought up by Andromeda. Do we genuinely think she ripped every picture and portrait of her entire family (not just her dead husband, daughter and father-in-law, but any others they've acquired in the process) from the walls? Not likely. And portraits in the wizarding world TALK. Forget the rumours he'd hear at Hogwarts; he'd hear them in his own bedroom at home!

Also, Harry knows what it's like to have your entire world turned upside down. He thought somewhat ill of his parents due to Petunia & Vernon's influence, and then all the sudden found out none of what he'd heard could possibly be further from the truth. And Dumbledore withheld so much from Harry that I think he'd personally go out of his way to ensure that doesn't happen to Teddy, especially not without a very good reason.

Lola-Louisa
    Originally Posted by Jade Potter
    I think he would actually tell Teddy the truth the moment he asked, because he knows what it's like being lied to your whole life then finding out different.

But I don't think it would be Harry that he asked. I think it would be Andromeda.

Originally posted by Cmwinters
    Too, he's being brought up by Andromeda. Do we genuinely think she ripped every picture and portrait of her entire family (not just her dead husband, daughter and father-in-law, but any others they've acquired in the process) from the walls? Not likely. And portraits in the wizarding world TALK. Forget the rumours he'd hear at Hogwarts; he'd hear them in his own bedroom at home!
    I actually agree with this. I think from a young age the fact that his parents died as heros would be drummed into him, kind of like Neville except that his were alive. Telling him how brave his parents were would certainly make him feel better about the situation. I think that the moment he showed any interest in them he would have been told everything he wanted to know, because as I said, Harry would know what it felt like to be kept in the dark and wouldn't want Teddy feeling the same.

Lola x