Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter

Rushia
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Potter
    Anyway, another thing on Harry: Other than a Seeker, what position could one see him playing?
    Also, if in the sixth book the Dursleys were "killed accidentally" in a "car crash" and Harry was left alone do you think that if the thought was put in his head that he would go off and try to help the Order in a way that they would think too dangerous for him? Such as recruiting magical creatures from other countries to help the Order should the need arise?
    Definitely Keeper. We know he's really good at seeing things that are moving fast, plus he's really good at catching things. Making the ball that much bigger and not moving as fast would make his job even easier. I think he'd be a brilliant Keeper.

Well, first of all, how would the thought be put into his head? Because the Order really wouldn't want him going off and doing that, not in the sixth book. Voldemort is seriously after him at this point, so they'd want to protect him. I do think that Harry would want to help the Order, but he also has knowledge of his own limits, and let's face it: he really doesn't know much about magical creatures at all, let alone the magical communities in other countries. He would realize that, and probably try to find some other way he could help that he would actually be good at.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Well, given what happened in DH, I think Harry's animagus could be a phoenix. I think that would be neat, although it might be a little cliche. I was disappointed we never saw the phoenix again after OotP. I agree that most other magical creatures, like a thestrals, are unlikely.
    I think Rushia is exactly right - he'd be a Keeper for sure!
    As for leaving - is this before his sixth year, during his sixth year, or at the end? Because if sixth year is over (and you are trying to be canon compliant) there is really only one thing Harry can do to help the Order: track down the Horcruxes. If it is earlier, though, I think he would find something else to do other than track down magical creatures in other countries. I suppose since Hagrid went off to find the giants in OotP, he might get it into his head to go find someone else, but it would be tricky to pull off given his relative lack of contact with other countries and creatures. I do think it would be in character of him to want to do something to help, but how much and how far he goes depends on your timeline.
    I love talking about Harry, he's my fave.

Jade Potter
    The time of his leaving is after he returns to the Dursleys after Sirius' death in OotP. I agree on how his being a Keeper would work.

Now I think that he might leave if he thought that it was the right path to follow. Note that this is before he learns of Horcruxes and all that. I believe Harry would be very confused and just messed up at this point: his godfather just died and so did the last of his family. he can't live in Privet Drive because the Dursleys are dead and so he can't call Privet Drive "home".

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    The time of his leaving is after he returns to the Dursleys after Sirius' death in OotP. I agree on how his being a Keeper would work.

Now I think that he might leave if he thought that it was the right path to follow. Note that this is before he learns of Horcruxes and all that. I believe Harry would be very confused and just messed up at this point: his godfather just died and so did the last of his family. he can't live in Privet Drive because the Dursleys are dead and so he can't call Privet Drive "home".
    I believe given this timeline, Harry would go and stay at the Burrow. I doubt Harry would have been left the house by the Dursley's, so you are right, this wouldn't be 'home' anymore. I think Mrs. Weasley and Dumbledore would have him move to the Burrow where he could be watched and guarded.
    I do not believe he would go off on his own. Remember, he is underage at this point so he can't do magic. He can't Apparate because he doesn't have a license, nor does he even know how to. Lessons on that don't start until his sixth year.
    I think he would work with members of the Order at the Burrow in a safe environment. Harry does have the tendency to fly off the handle and act without thinking, but in this case, I think he would listen to Dumbledore and the Weasley's and move to the Burrow.

Sorry if that isn't what you wanted to hear, but I just can't see IC Harry going off on his own at this point.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Azhure
    Sorry if that isn't what you wanted to hear, but I just can't see IC Harry going off on his own at this point

I agree. Also, I doubt it that the Order would allow him to go out alone. Remember how the trio were going to sneak away to search for Horcruxes in DH? They weren't going to let anyone know, at all.

~~Azhure~~

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    All right, I have my own Harry question.
    After what happened in DH, would it seem out-of-character for Harry to avoid the Forbidden Forest for the rest of his life?
    Not in paralyzing fear, as I don't think he would be afraid of it, but more out of not wanting to return to the scene of such powerful emotions.
    What reason would he have to go there, anyway? I don't think it would be too obvious or difficult to avoid.
    Thanks!
    ~Gina

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmariam
    After what happened in DH, would it seem out-of-character for Harry to avoid the Forbidden Forest for the rest of his life?
    Not in paralyzing fear, as I don't think he would be afraid of it, but more out of not wanting to return to the scene of such powerful emotions.
    What reason would he have to go there, anyway? I don't think it would be too obvious or difficult to avoid.
    Eh. It might be out of character for him to outright refuse to go there if he had a compelling reason to do so. If he were generally avoiding it, not so much.

I can't see why he'd have any reason to go there in the first place; he doesn't go to teach at Hogwarts, we've already established he's not going after the fragment of the ring, I doubt he's going to visit Grawp or the Acromantually colony, and if Arthur Weasley wants a new car to enchant, Harry would just as soon buy him a more reliable one. So I agree, he wouldn't generally have all that much reason to go in the first place, unless he was doing so in his capacity as an Auror.

Now, if he had to go talk to the Centaurs, or go do something with Hagrid, I can see him wrinkling his nose and preferring not to do it, but . . . I don't think he'd actually avoid it, no. He tends to rush headlong into fairly frightening things, as a rule.

Rhi for HP
    Thanks!
    ~Gina
    I think it would be out of character, honestly. I don't think what happened to him there was particularly traumatising: seeing his loved ones again was a positive, rather than negative experience, and Voldemort is now gone for good. Yes, it was hard for him to go into the forest to let himself be killed, but I think he would have moved past that after accepting death as he did. I can actually even see him returning, perhaps, to revisit that night, as one might visit a war memorial: painful, powerful emotions, but you want to remember what happened.

It wouldn't be too obvious or difficult to avoid, that's true. Harry lives a long life assumedly...he might have some reason to go there at some point, but in general I can't think of a reason. Still, I don't think he would avoid it.

~Rhi

Jade Potter
    I agree with Rhi, he would most likely go there so that he couldn't truly forget (although, who would forget dying then coming back to life?). Plus, I belive he just might go back for the third Deathly Hallow, not to use it but he might go and retrieve it to hide it so no unsuspecting student goes and finds it.
    Plus, some times if a person has had a life-changing experience they are most likely to revisit the very spot in which it occured. Sometimes going back can help get over emotions that taunt the heart and mind, good or bad.

Lola-Louisa
    Basically, I was wondering how Harry would react to abuse. Not like physical or anything like that, but someone basically doing a Kreacher post DH at him, you know, muttering insults under their breath and that.

I also was wondering what he'd do if he fell out with both Ron and Hermione. Would he be angry or sad? Or both? I've been looking through the books but all they seem to do is nag him a bit. Would he loose his rag again after DH?

Help!