Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Weasley

padfoot_returns
    Quote Originally Posted by weasleywannabe47
    I think Charlie would let the children choose.

He doesn't seem like the type to want control over his childrens' lives or fret over what is/isn't taught.
    Actually, I don't really see Charlie that way. Although I don't see him as being strict or anything, I think that he would mind if his children were being taught the Dark Arts or not.

In this case, however, these aren't his children. I think he would be seriously against sending them to Durmstrang and he would tell her that he does not agree at all with doing so but since they are technically not his children, he might probably let them go if she really wants them to.

xxRiham

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Well, the way I've written his wife, she would definantly not be the type to actually want her children to learn the Dark Arts, so it sounds like that would be a no to Durmstrang. I suppose now I have to make up another wizarding school.

But I do have another discussion point when it comes to Charlie. What kind of dad do see you see Charlie being? Do you see him any different if his kids were his stepkids?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

padfoot_returns
    Why don't you just send the kids to Beauxbatons?

And I see Charlie as the kind of person who loves his kids and is always leaves time for them. I see him as the cool kind of father who everyone loves and you always find him laughing with his kids but always knows the limits to when he would allow the kids to do something or not. I feel like he would be the kind that would raise his kids properly but at the same time, in a fun way. I'm guessing he would be good at controlling kids since he's been handling dragons as his job.

With stepkids, it might be a bit different since they are not his. I'm sure they will have as much fun with him as if they were his own kids but I think when it comes to implementing rules in the house, he might back off a bit. I mean, I'm sure he always suggest what he would do and give the wife his opinion and stuff, but I don't think he would raise them in a way she didn't agree with.

xxRiham

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Why don't you just send the kids to Beauxbatons?
    Well, you see, the kids live in Romania, so they would probably go to school in Romania. Beside, I don't know if Beauxbatons accepts foreign students, and the way I have written the kids, they don't speak French.

They can barely speak English either, and they live with an Englishman!

Do think Charlie would be a protective type, or a little more lax? He does work with dragons, after all. He may not be the type to sweat the small stuff.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Victoire
    posted by: weaselywannabe47
    He doesn't seem like the type to want control over his childrens' lives or fret over what is/isn't taught.
    I highly disagree. After witnessing first hand the things that went on during the second war, and the way it affected his family, I really think he would care very much about what is or isnt taught. And also would want to have control over his childrens lives, not a total control freak but part of being a parent is being able to control your children. I feel as if he would like for his children to attend Hogwarts, where he went and his family before and after him.

posted by:OliveOil_Med
    Do think Charlie would be a protective type, or a little more lax? He does work with dragons, after all. He may not be the type to sweat the small stuff.
    I dont see him as the type to sweat little things at all either. But I can see him being protective of his family, when it comes to serious situations. Really, I think it depends on whats going on.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    I think both Bill and Charlie were prefects before Percy. I vaguely recall Mrs. Weasley saying something to that effect.

I don't know if it's unrealistic that Charlie would have gotten an O in Potions.

... but I also don't know why he would continue with Potions though considering that he could have played professional Quidditch and ended up working with dragons. I don't know why he would have stuck in NEWT Potions with Snape unless he was considering a career that required Potions.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Where are you Wetherby?
    A couple of quick questions here. Do you think it's likely that Charlie would have studied Newt-level Potions? We know that he was a more outdoors and sporty type of person but that doesn't necessarily mean he was not the academic type, does it? To get into Snape's Potion you need an Outstanding owl, right, so do you think it unrealistic that Charlie achieved that mark?

Thanks!

Lovely banner by Minna! Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    I think it's possible Charlie took NEWT Potions. Wasn't he a prefect? I imagine to get that, Dumbledore would want someone not only responsible, but smart, a good example academically. Also, being very accomplished in Quidditch and in his work with dragons, I imagine he had a good work ethic and could have done well in a variety of academic subjects.

The only thing I wondered is if Charlie would have wanted to do the class, but I think that's down to a matter of individual characterization.

Hope that helps!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Quote Originally Posted by abovelevel
    I imagine to get that, Dumbledore would want someone not only responsible, but smart, a good example academically.
    If you look at Ron though, he wasn't unintelligent, but he wasn't a good academic example.

I think that he could have taken a NEWT Potions class, I don't know if he would though, not if he went to work with dragons, but I think that it's completely up to the author. We don't know a lot about Charlie, so you have free rein
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple_and_PheonixFeather
    If you look at Ron though, he wasn't unintelligent, but he wasn't a good academic example.
    Ah, you're right Maple, I didn't really think about that. I guess considering that he was meant to be good enough to "play Quidditch for England" and extremely good with animals, it might be less likely that he was also naturally gifted at Potions, but I imagine if he really liked the subject for some reason, he would have been able to work hard enough to go on to NEWT level.