Thread: Lily Luna Potter

Hybrid View

ms. leading

Lily Luna Potter

I want to write a short chaptered fic centered around Rose Weasley, Lily and Scorpius. A love triangle *rolls eyes*

Considering that Lily is two years younger than Scorpius, do you think its plausible to have her as rather confident? The "popular" and good looking type? Remebering that she has a famous father and her mother played on a famous Quidditch team... or do you think Harry and Ginny would have kept her grounded?

I don't plan on making her overly-confident and, but a little bit would help the plot of my story.

Also, how do you think she would be appearance wise? I wanted her to have freckles, possibly have Harry's dark hair. Or do you think red hair would be the way to go?

And is it safe to say Lily and her cousins would be in Gryffindor?

Thanks.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    I want to write a short chaptered fic centered around Rose Weasley, Lily and Scorpius. A love triangle *rolls eyes*

Considering that Lily is two years younger than Scorpius, do you think its plausible to have her as rather confident? The "popular" and good looking type? Remebering that she has a famous father and her mother played on a famous Quidditch team... or do you think Harry and Ginny would have kept her grounded?

I don't plan on making her overly-confident and, but a little bit would help the plot of my story.

Also, how do you think she would be appearance wise? I wanted her to have freckles, possibly have Harry's dark hair. Or do you think red hair would be the way to go?

Thanks.
    I think that Lily would be rather confident. After all look at Ginny and Harry.They were both sort of confident, so I think that she would be also.

The popular and good looking type is something that I am not sure about. She would be popular maybe because of her father maybe? She could be good looking. You never know.

I would never think that Ginny and Harry wouldn't let Lily play Quidditch. After all they both love it and if their daughter likes it then I think that they would encourage her instead of telling her not to play it.

Appearance wise, I believe that she would look like Ginny. Though maybe has Harry's eyes. For some odd reason I have always pictured her like this.

I think that Lily and her cousins would be in Gryffindor. The only one that I think wouldn't be is Rose. I think that she might be in Ravenclaw. Though she could certainly be in either of them.

I hope that I was somewhat of a help to you. Good luck on the story!

~Alyssa of The Marauding Blue and Bronze

Avvie by Ash/Radcliffefan07 and Banner by Evie/apollo13.

ms. leading
    Quote Originally Posted by harry4lif
    I would never think that Ginny and Harry wouldn't let Lily play Quidditch. After all they both love it and if their daughter likes it then I think that they would encourage her instead of telling her not to play it.

Appearance wise, I believe that she would look like Ginny. Though maybe has Harry's eyes. For some odd reason I have always pictured her like this.
    thanks Alyssa I see her looking like Ginny aswell, actually.

But didn't the epilogue say that Albus was the only person who inherited Harry's eyes?

And I'd just like to say, by grounded I didnt mean they kept her from flying... I meant they didn't let her get a big-head or something along those lines, haha. Thought I'd clear that up.

Pondering
    Quote Originally Posted by DH, page 607, UK edition
    Alone of Harry's three children, Albus had inherited Lily's eyes.
    So yes, Albus was the only one to have Harry's green eyes. Lily Luna would probably have inherited her mother's brown ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DH, page 603, UK edition
    Two large cages rattled on top of the laden trolleys the parents were pushing; the owls inside them hooted indignantly, and the red-haired girl trailed tearfully behind her brothers, clutching her father's arm.

"It won't be long, and you'll be going too," Harry told her.

"Two years," sniffed Lily, "I want to go now!"
    This reference shows that Lily is a red-head. So, in conclusion, it is most likely that Lily has brown eyes and red hair. So she already does look a bit like Ginny.

As for confidence...her parents, as Alyssa noted, were both confident people, and she would probably take after them. Although, if you remember Ginny didn't really blossom until her fifth year, but that could have been because she was hindered by her possession back in her second year. Seeing as neither of her parents were overly confident, as it were, I don't think Lily would be in too much danger of it. But if it is needed for the plot of the story, it wouldn't be too unbelievable.

I think that Ginny and Harry would have done their best not to let their fame affect their children. Harry didn't really like his fame that much, so I doubt he would have exposed his children to it. He would have wanted them to have as normal a childhood as possible.

So I think she'd be confident, but not too much of a big-head.

--Tash of the Marauding Blue and Bronze

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Do you think its plausible to have her as rather confident? Do you think Harry and Ginny would have kept her grounded?
    I could easily see Lily as being a confident type person. And I'm also sure that this could be largely due to Harry's influence. After the childhood he had, I'm sure he'd want all his children, not just Lily, to grow up feeling confident and loved. I can also see her as being a little bit of a Daddy's girl. Not only is she the only girl, she's also the baby of the family. And with so much about his daughter to remind Harry of both his mother and his wife, I can see him indulging her just the littlest bit.

I could also see her as being heavily involved in Quidditch. As much as both her parents loved the sport, I don't see why they would ever dream of keeping that joy from their daughter.

Also, how do you think she would be appearance wise?
    Well, remember in the Epilogue, J.K. describes Lily as being redheaded, and tells us Albus is the only one in the family with green eyes. That makes me think that Lily probably has bright brown eyes, just like her mother. She may or may not have freckles (I can't remember if freckles are a dominant or recessive trait. Anyone?), but if she does, probably not as many as her mother does.

I also imagine her as being attractive. If she were a Plain Jane, I don't see how she would have a chance of competing for the affections of an older boy.

A family of Gryffindors would definantly be possible, but her are some alternatives.

Albus-could also be a Hufflepuff, he seems so sweet. But then there is the whole debate about him going into Slytherin too.

Rose-she could be Gryffindor, but I personally saw her as being more of a Ravenclaw.

Victoire and Dominique-if these two didn't end up in Gryffindor, I would say Ravenclaw would be a safe bet. It's were I felt Fleur would have ended up if she had gone to Hogwarts.

And Lily, I would most definantly say Gryffindor! She just seems to have that house fire that all Gryffindors seem to have in them.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    At the age of nine, would Lily still be interested in getting toys for Christmas? Or would she have moved on to recieving older gifts by then?

Also, what colors do you think of when it comes to lilies (just the flowers themselves). So far, I have thought of white, pale yellow, and light pink. Does anyone else have any colors that come to mind?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    I know this doesn't fit here, but
    Origianlly posted by OliveOil Med
    A family of Gryffindors would definantly be possible, but her are some alternatives.

Albus-could also be a Hufflepuff, he seems so sweet. But then there is the whole debate about him going into Slytherin too.

James was annoying Albus with the possibility that he might be in Slyhterin, hence he was afraid of being in Slytherin. I think it was just James annoying his brother, so I don't think there's REALLY the possibility of him being in Slytherin.

Just thought I'd say that.

As to the rest of the family, I must say I think of them all of being in Griffendor.

(And is there canon evidence that her name is Lily LUNA Potter???)
    avvie by Annalise and banner Dinny/Evora - Becca, Lyss, Lise, Ronnie, ily <3
    GO GO GRYFFINDOR

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    I know this is a rather old topic, but I am working on a second generation story and thought it would probably be helpful to answer some question about the second generation and participate in discussion if we can get it going again.

Do you think its plausible to have her as rather confident or do you think Harry and Ginny would have kept her grounded?

I think it makes the most sense to have Lily as rather confident considering neither of her parents were extremely self-conscious. I imagine her as taking after her mother in almost every way, but she would still be her own person. She would make certain of that. I think of her as fun-loving, very independent, and free-spirited. She would also be playful and flirty with the boys, much the same way Ginny was. Lily would get very annoyed at her brothers, cousins, parents, and basically her entire family when they get protective of her, especially considering she is the youngest in not only her family, but also the youngest of the cousins. She is also very curious, which often gets her into some trouble. Because of her nature, she can be selfish since she likes to do what she wants to do when she wants to do it, even more so if someone tells her she can't or she shouldn't. Even though she doesn't normally break the rules, she isn't afraid to break them if need be. She is also recklessly brave and daring, not too mention stubborn. She is a daddy's girl, for sure, and has him wrapped around her finger. She gets into fights with her mother, though, during her teenage years since Ginny tries to have a really good mother-daughter relationship, but Lily refused to tell her mom anything or take any of her advice. I also think she'd be an amazing Quidditch player and would play as Chaser.

How do you think she would be appearance wise?

Along with acting like Ginny, I think the two of them would look very much alike as well. It was stated in the Epilogue that Lily has red hair, and I imagine it as being very long and dead straight. She would have brown eyes and tons of freckles. I think she'd be rather short, maybe not even five foot, and have a slender, athletic build.

Lily as a Gryffindor? Yes. And all her cousins? Um, no, not all of them. The majority I think would be, taking into consideration their parents and the environment they all grew up in, but having all the Weasley's and Potter's in the same House is a bit unrealistic and cliche.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    *grabs a broom and helps Wren sweep dust bunnies out of thread*

I'll jump in! I am also writing a Lilyfic, and in my headcanon she is Slytherin. Weird, I know, but I just have a really strong feeling about it

I think that Lily would be like Ginny and Harry: sort of shy or quiet until she feels comfortable. The image of her in my head has straight, shoulder-length red hair and hazel eyes. I agree that she would be short--both of her parents were as kids! I also used to picture her with square purple glasses, but now I don't.

Al and James and Teddy would be the most protective, I think, and Lily would be small and quick enough to be a Seeker.

Beautifulamazingperfect banner by BrokenPromise!

BACK FROM HIATUS!