Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 15

myownmuggle
    medablack: If you are trying to post an ad offering your services in Beta Services, For Sale or Rent, you must be Sorted into your house to do so. If you are trying to post in Beta Wanted because you are looking for a beta, all posts by Unsorted users are moderated and must be approved manually.

amy4rupert: I'm sorry, that's not permitted.

saizine
    I joined these forums and the main site on Monday, and on the same day sent a request for a sorting quiz. However, I've not recieved a reply since then and I'm a little worried about whether or not my PMs have been getting through.

I've not had any notifications of something that has gone wrong, but I remember seeing the user that the thread told new users to contact online once or twice (I know that he/she may not have time to check PMs and send out a sorting quiz everytime they log on, and I understand completely) and I have a feeling that something may be iffy with the PMs.

I'm so sorry if five days is a normal time period waiting for the Sorting Quiz, but I just wanted to make sure that I was doing everything right. If it is something wrong on my end, then I definately want to fix it.

xoxo saizine

James Jameson

Exclamation

hi again

i cleared my cookies and its STILL not working!!!!

songbook99
    saizine, I have received both of your PMs about the Sorting quiz. You will be sent one today. I apologize for the wait, but I have been busy and not had the time to send one before today. All I ask is a little patience.

James Jameson, please contact Beth directly with the exact errors you are getting.

jenny b
    Hi,

I have a fic on the main site that hasn't been updating since the upgrade. I know that I need to email my chapter to a moderator to get it through the queue, but I wasn't sure who to send it to. I sent a PM to Beth a while ago about this, but she never replied.

So, who should I send it to?

--Jennifer

Marauder by Midnight
    jenny b - I don't remember your PM >.< Make sure you double-check your HTML. If you're unable to update your story because of a HTTP 500 error, you most likely have some error with your HTML.

jenny b
    Beth - I've double-checked all my HTML, and then tried without HTML. Nothing works. When I press 'Preview' or 'Add Story', the following comes up:
    HTTP 501 Not Implemented/HTTP 505 Version Not Supported
    It's just this fic, because I've been able to update my other WIP fine. You told me when I posted in the Site Upgrade Information that I would have to send it to a mod to get it through the queue. I just don't know where to send it.

CrystalM

Getting my banner onto my bio page

I've just had a banner made that I'm pretty excited about, and I'm trying to make it appear in my bio. I know I have the code right because it appears here on the beta forums correctly, and I've also seen other authors place banners on their bio page, so I know it's possible, but on my bio page it's just text. Are my settings not right or something like that?

First Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives

For the past couple of days, I have failed to receive email notifications when someone PMs me. The option under my User CP is checked so that I do receive emails. I'm not sure how I can fix the problem.

Thank you.

-Jordan

sjam
    this is more for advice really. I sent a PM to songbook99 to be sorted a week or so back and haven't got any reply. Should I send another one or just leave it for another week?
    THankies