Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 15

Marauder by Midnight
    This is the error that I was hoping to have solved a while back. Back to the drawing board.

majyktwix
    Hi,
    I was wondering-you know when you submit a fic, if it gets accepted, can you go back and edit it after-like add chapter notes, etc??
    Thanks in advance.

andromeda_tonks

Question

At 6:19pm (gmt summertime) I received the following email from Insecurity

Edited: Letters are private.
    I had asked at the top of my story for her to mod it for me, as she was the one who rejected it before. However, at 9:20pm (gmt summertime) I received this from x2pttrclue32:

Edited: Letters are private.
    The story is not a one-shot and was not marked as completed, I intended to develop my characters more in later chapters. I do have a one-shot in the queue, which is a submission for the alchemy section of the summer challenge in the Great Hall. This is still in the queue, but To Live And To Lose has gone from my list of stories. I do not know whether the story went up on the archives in the time between the two emails, as I did not log into my email during this time and received both of them at once. Thank you for your help,

~Meda~

Marauder by Midnight
    majyktwix - Yes you are allowed to edit your chapters after it has been approved.

andromeda_tonks - Your story To Live and To Lose was indeed deleted. Sometimes two mods will happen to be online at the same time and mod the same story. If you do not agree with the reasons behind your rejection letter, you should privately email the moderator who deleted your story.

deadly_muggle
    Hello well, I had given my fic for validation, but uit was disapproved. I've made the changes but I wanted to know how to keep italics and stuff in stories. I had simply copy pasted last time, but when I had previewed it. the italics were missing.

Thanks for helping,

Kiwi

Marauder by Midnight
    deadly_muggle - You are encouraged to read the help section, specifically the page on formatting.

the_iron_hog
    Hey mods, I have tried to start a thread twice in the Excerpts of Murtlap subforum, but they haven't been showing up. Is there a post minimum, or do they sometimes take a while to appear? I am not sure why this was happening.

ink_daughter
    I've been trying to add a few authors to my favorites, but whenever I click on [Add Author to Favorites] all it does it take me to my Manage Favorite Authors page. Is this a glitch, or it just my account?
    Thanks!

vampitude
    I have an animated picture in my signature, and I was wondering if that was allowed. I'm pretty sure animated avatars are only allowed for mods, but am I allowed to have animations in my signature?

EDIT: Never mind, my question was answered.

Rose

myownmuggle
    vampitude: As I explained by PM, users are not permitted to have either animated banners or avatars.

the_iron_hog: As an Unsorted user, your posts will have to be manually approved by the forum mod in certain areas of the boards. EoM is one of these.

ink_daughter: I believe this has already been addressed in the glitches subforum, but I will leave it to Marauder by Midnight to confirm that.