Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 15

Ravenclaw_Soprano
    *raises hand as well*

Similar problem:

I just put Without Reason into the queue for me and LilyGinnyWrites92 (th_poet14 on the boards). I tried to put her as a co-author; it seemed to work (she showed up in the list), but whenever I clicked "preview", the co-author list would disappear. I submitted anyway, but I was hoping this could be fixed?

Story: Without Reason
    Submitted by: Ravenclaw_Soprano
    Co-authored by: LilyGinnyWrites92

Thanks in advance,
    Lauren

EDIT: I went into "manage stories" afterwards and Kate showed up as co-author. I'm going to wait until we get through the queue to delete this post, however, as we might have the same issue as is already posted.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    One of my submissions recently turned out to be a naked story. I reported it out here, but when I checked my account today, I found that it has been deleted completely. If it had been validated, why has it been deleted now? I'm very confused...
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

Schmerg_The_Impaler
    A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I signed up for an account called "SchmergoWeasley" with an email address that I will call "email@email.com." This address belonged to my dad. The security thing never came through, so the account was never activated and never used.

About a year later, I created an account called "Schmerg_The_Impaler" with a different email address, that I will call "schmergo@email.com."

Now, another family member wants to create her own account on MNFF, but she uses my dad's email address ("email@email.com") and is not yet allowed to have her own address.

Is there a way to delete the old SchmergoWeasley account, which was never activated and which has no stories? I always assumed it had been deleted, but when I tried to create a new account ("Emma Weasley") with the "email@email.com" address, it said it was already used for an account.

CrystalM
    Hi, I'm sorry, but I posted a question about making my banner appear in my bio page on 6/20, then I posted it again on 7/2 because I didn't see my question answered on any of the threads following my first post, and my second question was said to be deleted because it was already answered. I'm really sorry, but I just don't see where it was answered in the first place. Help!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalM
    Hi, I'm sorry, but I posted a question about making my banner appear in my bio page on 6/20, then I posted it again on 7/2 because I didn't see my question answered on any of the threads following my first post, and my second question was said to be deleted because it was already answered. I'm really sorry, but I just don't see where it was answered in the first place. Help!
    I didn't see the original post but I am willing to bet if you were simply asking how to make your banner appear in your signature, it was answered in the FAQ's. Check there, read through ALL the posts (and there are not a lot) and make sure. Also, as mentioned in the beginning of this thread, these threads are searchable so utilize that option as well.
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Marauder by Midnight
    Neville's Girl and hermybabay82 - Your question has already been answered in the Site Upgrade forum in the Co-author thread. Make sure you search for the terms of your question thoroughly before posting here. As for answering reviews, I'm afraid only the primary author may answer reviews.

Ravenclaw_Soprano - She is listed as your co-author.

Ginny Weasley Potter - Naked stories are to be reported to me via PM so I can take care of them. You'll need to give me the title of your story and, if possible, the sid of your story.

Schmerg_The_Impaler - Yes, you can have your account deleted. PM me the email address.

CrystalM - As NikkiSue said, your question has been answered in the Site Upgrade forum in the very first thread listed there.

la_vie_boheme
    I'm sorry if this question was asked before. I looked for one, but I couldn't find one.
    Anyhow, a friend of mine helped me write a chapter for a new fic that I'm thinking of pursuing. I'm wondering if I can submit eventhough a lot of it is her work. And if I can, can I list her as a co-author eventhough she is not a member of MNFF?
    Thanks,
    Melody

sayiansirius
    la_vie_boheme: If you claim that this story, plot, and characters are your own and you didn't simply copy her work without permission, then you may post the story; it is ok if you recieved help while writing. As for being a co-author, since she is not a member on MNFF, you are free to put something along the lines of "Thanks to [insert friend's name here] for helping with this chapter" in your author's notes or summary.

la_vie_boheme
    Sorry, could you clarify something for me. I created the overall plot, characters, and story, but she gave me a plot point in the chapter that helped me get from one point to another that I was blocking on. Would that constitute copying her work?

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by la_vie_boheme
    Sorry, could you clarify something for me. I created the overall plot, characters, and story, but she gave me a plot point in the chapter that helped me get from one point to another that I was blocking on. Would that constitute copying her work?
    It's like KC said, as long as she has not published the work you are utilizing, there isn't a problem. Since your friend is not a *member* of MNFF, you don't have any real need to put her as the co-author because that was mainly designed for authors on the boards or the archives who work on projects together. That way they both get credit for the story. A non-member wouldn't have to worry about that.

PM me if that wasn't clear enough.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

11. 07-10-2008, 11:11 AM

12. 07-12-2008, 01:24 AM