Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 15

Kate Skeffington
    Hi! I hope I'm posting this in the right thread..:P if not please forgive me!

So...I've got a story posted in mugglenet fanfiction, and I'm re-wrtiting it. So far the first chapter is ready to be submitted (yay me! :P) The version posted in mugglenet has three chapters. Should I delete that version and post the new one, or just post the new one and say it's the new version? Or should I just delete chapters two and three of the story already online, and replace the first chapter with the newer, re-written version of it?

Hope that made sense

songbook99
    Kate Skeffington, if you are making substantial changes to the story, the best thing is to remove the current story and resubmit it. However, if you want to keep the reviews you've received on the currently posted version, you can leave that up and just add the new version as a second story. You cannot just edit the first chapter of the current story.

3. 06-27-2008, 04:59 PM

Ashley
    Hiya,

I know on the site it says expect your story to wait in the queue for 7 to 10 days, but what if it has already passed 10 days? I've got 2 chapters in the queue (different cats -- 1 other pairing and 1 summer challenge), and I need for at least 1 of them to be validated so I can begin submitting another challenge fic. Should I contact the mod of the specific cat or just wait it out anxiously?

Thanks for your help.
    Ashley

EDIT: One of my chappies has just been taken care of. Thank you!

Julie's Edit: Challenge fics will be taken care of shortly. I'm in the process of moving and have been digging out from under boxes and trying to get internet up and running.

Mudblood_and_Proud_of_it
    Hi, sorry to bug you!
    For an entire week I've been trying to log onto MNFF and do stuff. I can log on okay, but when I click on "Manage Story" or "Add Story" or any of those other buttons it tells me "You are not authorized to acess that function" although I logged on not two seconds ago. Is there a reason its doing this? Can I stop it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    (posted in the Gryff CR) Hey, El, try to hang on! I'm fairly sure that there is something going on with the main site, be it upgrades or what, I don't know, but I saw your story on the archives last night. Actually, I wanted to let Kristy know that she doesn't even show up when you search for her under Authors!!! I can find you if I look for a specific story, or go through our Author's Library here in the tower, although. *shrugs*

It's True. I'm not there. All my stories are there and if I search for me then it comes up, I'm just not in the alphabetical line up. It's not that a big of a deal since everything is still there, but if it could be fixed at some point, that would be loverly .

Thank you.

EDIT: I'm a DORK! It wasn't Beth that posted it, it was Michelle, The Marauding Cupcake. Sorry about that.
    ~Kristy

songbook99
    Ashley, in the future, you can just contact the moderator in charge of the category you submitted to if your chapter has been in the queue longer than 10 days. However, as with the current situation with Julie's move, there may be extenuating circumstances that prevent the moderator from responding to your message.

Mudblood_and_Proud_of_it, have you tried clearing your cookies and temporary internet files? Sometimes that is the problem and clearing them will solve the problem.

butter_beer_drinker, obviously Beth is already aware of the problem. I'm sure she'll try and take care of it as soon as she gets a chance.

8. 07-02-2008, 04:11 PM

malfoys girl
    Hey
    sorry if this has already been asked but i cant find it on any of the boards. This might sound stupid but what exactly is co-author? Its my first time writing a fic and Im not sure what it is.
    Thanks

10. 07-02-2008, 09:42 PM

11. 07-03-2008, 03:37 AM

Marauder by Midnight
    malfoys girl - The co-author function is used if you're writing a story with another Mugglenet Fan Fiction author. If your story is written solely by you, then you can simply ignore it when you submit your story.

Third Year Slytherin
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    I have a story I wrote with Schmerg_the_Impaler upon the archives and I can't respond to reviews. It also does not show up on the "My Reviews" page. We have ten reviews already and I would like to respond to them. The story is called "Kill Bill (And Arthur)".

Smiles,
    Luna

hermybabay82
    *raises hand* I'm having the same issue as Luna.

Title: The Danger that Awaits (the link is in my siggy)
    Co-Authors: Mariangelo and dulcet_tones (mariangelo submitted the story)

Thanks,
    Stacy

15. 07-03-2008, 09:40 PM