Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 15

Hybrid View

Marauder by Midnight

Ask a Moderator - Part 15

Please view our Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked. (These threads are searchable!)

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

When asking a question that specifically applies to you, your account, or a particular story, you MUST provide the pertinent information, such as your uid.

Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

If you have a question which doesn't need to be answered by moderators, please ask Dumbledore's Navy in the Check-In Desk.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I have a question, I did a search but got the sorry-no match message.

How does your story end up under the Featured heading?

I got poked today and told that one of my stories was there (yeah me ) and I was just wondering how it got there. Do the mods reccomend it or is it based on read count etc.?

Thanks.
    Kristy

EDIT:Thanks Beth, I tried searching the site first but couldn't find it .
    Anyways, I t was great to be nominated thank you for the honor of being a featured fic.
    ~Kristy

Marauder by Midnight
    butter_beer_drinker - I believe this question was answered, but here it goes.

Each moderator is given the opportunity to put forth two or three stories he or she has come across in the queue or during their leisure reading that sticks out to them and that they highly recommend. There is no criteria other than that, and there is no way for you to control/have a say in which stories are featured. Currently, featured stories should be changing every two weeks or so, but we're not too good about updating them that often

Snape's Talon
    How goes the Skin Challenge? Will an announcement be forthcoming ... along with new, shiny skins?

Marauder by Midnight
    Snape's Talon - Roxy Black is still coding them. When she is done, the Skins Challenge will be unveiled.

AurorKeefy
    Hello.

I am about to submit a chapter into the queue that I foresee problems with. My fiction is a very long, multi-chaptered and multi-book affair, and the chapter in question revolves around two first years on their first trip to Diagon Alley, and as such is rather similar to the same chapter from PS. Although it follows the chapter closely, it contains much information that is/may be/would appear to crucial to later chapters and books.

I'd like to discuss this with a moderator, however since the fiction is under the "General" category, and is hence moderatored by everyone, who do I contact?

Thanks.

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    MikePhoenixLament, in this forum, you will find that both of those errors have been addressed. Please look at the steps there for editing your bio, and the other error is something that cannot be addressed by us, but by our host.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

Gin_Drinka
    Okay, I have kind of an odd question...

See, I want to enter this writing challenge, for a national magazine. And I've had this idea that has to do with a fanfic of mine, Statues, Safes, Painted Walls and Streetlights. I was thinking of un-Harry Potter-izing it. Taking ou entirely ALL mentions and references and even tweaking the plot a bit, to fit it into original fiction. So, my question is, would that be legal? Could I actually submit this un-Harry Potter-ized story?

Thanks ahead of time!
    Mia

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    It's your fiction. If you can take it completely out of JKR's world then yes, it is your work and can be considered it's own story. You must remove every single mention of Potter however, including places, people and ideas.

Kcharles
    Hello again, you must be starting to find me annoying .

My question is, can anyone start a usergroup in the RoR?