Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Victoire Weasley

h_vic
    Something else that could make the timeline work, could be if Fleur had insisted that she do a year at Beauxbatons at some stage, but for some reason Hogwarts refused to recognise that year as valid and therefore made her repeat it at Hogwarts, keeping Victoire in school for eight years in total rather than seven.

I think there's probably a lot of scope with careers for her. Both of her parents are fairly smart and talented (a curse-breaker and a Tri-Wizard champion is a pretty impressive combination) so she is unlikely to be stupid, and therefore could probably do most things if she wanted to. Perhaps with her French heritage (and presumably knowledge of the language), she might end up working for the Department of International Magical Cooperation, or as Bill's work probably exposed her to goblins at a young age, I could see her having some sort of Goblin Liaison role at the Ministry.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I'm still trying to think of a potential career for Victoire. I considered a Healer previously, but that career as become something of a cliche these days, so I would like to consider other options before I committ to Healer.

In my story, The Arcane ScoRA and the Wand of MacArt, Victoire is Head Girl and is seen as something of a motherly and nurturing type among the cousins, which is why I considered a Healer in the first place (besides, Muggle families are usual so proud when a child decides to become a doctor, and Victoire would certainly be that type), but what else could be a potential career?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    In my story, The Arcane ScoRA and the Wand of MacArt, Victoire is Head Girl and is seen as something of a motherly and nurturing type among the cousins, which is why I considered a Healer in the first place (besides, Muggle families are usual so proud when a child decides to become a doctor, and Victoire would certainly be that type), but what else could be a potential career?
    I could see Victoire doing something international maybe, either working with Gringotts like her parents or for the Ministry in some kind of foreign relations.

You've made her Head Girl, nurturing but clearly with some ambition. She could maybe be a professor or work with education administration, international cooperation with education?

Do you imagine her being more hands on or more administration oriented?
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    When I read what you said, two things came to mind.

1.) A proffessor, as Aida said.
    2.) A stay at home mom. However, as Head Girl, she'd be much too smart and ambitious (sorry, can't spell) for that.

OH! New idea!

What about what Madame Pomfrey does, so like school nurse. It's taking the Healer position and making it less clichéed, yet keeping the nurturing thing...
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Victoire as I have written her is certainly ambitious, but she would definitely be a more hands on sort of person, but she would definitely never be a housewife. It would drive her insane, and she isn't quite enough of a homebody to start settling down and having children right out of Hogwarts.

A wizarding primary school teacher could also be a possibility. I can recall us having a long discussion at one point about the sort of schooling children had before starting at Hogwarts, and I almost envision the one-room schoolhouse type model for primary education.

But I do also like the idea of her taking Madam Pomfrey's job. She has to be getting on in years by now. How much training do you think a person would need before being qualified to be the Hogwarts medi-witch.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

hogwartsbookworm

Hey there...

Quote Originally Posted by Maple
    When I read what you said, two things came to mind.

1.) A proffessor, as Aida said.
    2.) A stay at home mom. However, as Head Girl, she'd be much too smart and ambitious (sorry, can't spell) for that.
    Hmmm, sorry Maple, but I have to disagree with you on that last bit. Stay at home moms are (the majority that I know personally, anyway) just as intelligent and ambitious as the rest of the women in this world. They just choose to focus on their getting their children raised, rather than their salaries.

There are several such mothers in the Harry Potter books: Molly Weasley and Ginny Potter, for example.

Molly Weasley is a very powerful witch. She took on, and took down, Bellatrix Lestrange, who, I need not remind you, was Voldemort's right hand woman. And yet, despite this power and the career opportunities that probably accompanied it, Molly chose to stay home and take care of seven kids.

Ginny Potter retired from playing Quidditch professionally to take care of her kids and took on a job as a ( I assume) freelance sports journalist. I say I assume because I don't think JKR ever specified that it was freelance, but I think of Ginny's job more as taking her kids to loads of games and then coming home and typing up her story after she and Harry had put them to bed, not working in an office for a certain amount of time every day.

Anyway, I think that, being a nurturing individual that Molly is painting her, Victoire could very well be a stay at home mom who writes wizarding novels in her spare time, or perhaps designs new styles of witches robes. Neither career is cliche, both are plausible, and both have her being a caring, nurturing person, but also a person who is going after her own dreams.

/two cents

Edit: Oops, I didn't notice Molly's latest post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    She would definitely never be a housewife. It would drive her insane, and she isn't quite enough of a homebody to start settling down and having children right out of Hogwarts.
    Either way, I do think Victoire could be as I've described her, even if it doesn't quite work for Molly's idea of her.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    How much education to be a medi-witch:

Possibly less than a full on Healer. Maybe like the difference to be a doctor and a nurse?

I could see her going abroad to teach maybe. If there's no wizarding primary schools in Britain anyway, to keep with the international thing.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    I find Victoire a fun character to play with because she can be portrayed so many ways. I mean you have all of the Weasley's who would always be around and their influence is hard to escape. But then you have Fleur who is pretty strong-willed and would probably do everything she could for a while to make sure Victoire is a proper French lady. So she could wind up somewhere in between, though I would hesitate to make her a female version of Fred and George or a mini version of Fleur. I see Ginny taking her under her wing since she is no longer the only female Weasley child.

And yes, I think Victoire and all of Fleur's children would speak fluent French. Fleur seems so proud of being French she would make sure her children could speak the language by speaking to them in French most times when they were young. As children it could lead to them sometimes speaking Franglais and confusing the rest of the Weasley clan.

Possible Careers:
    Maybe Arthur has a big influence and she works with Muggles. I see her, honestly, at Gringotts or the Ministry. I could see her as at the Ministry trying to work her way up without using her name since being a Weasley now means something other than poor, red headed and freckled.

Originally Posted by Maple
    When I read what you said, two things came to mind...

I have a friend whose mother has a law degree but then chose to stay home because she had no need to work. Her husband made enough money that it wasn't necessary. So she started doing work with a lot of charities. If Victoire does choose to stay home I could see her working with wizarding charities, especially after all of her children are at Hogwarts.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    I didn't mean that smart people can't be stay at home moms, I meant that the way that Molly described her, I couldn't see her as a stay at home mom
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Snape Hates Me
    For a plot bunny I'm currently developing, I want to make use of Victoire's Veela ancestry. As she is only 1/8 Veela, she probably wouldn't have strong Veela powers, but I wondered about making her able to kind of turn them on and off.

To explain further, the "Veela-ness" would normally be barely noticeable, but on occasion when she wanted to, she could sort of amplify it, if she really tried hard. It's a pretty strange idea, I know, but do you think it is plausible?

Also, if I did use this idea, when do you think Victoire would be willing to use her powers? My instinct was that she might be too proud to use them often. She would rather prove that she could get by without them, but on occasion, for example with a guy she really liked, she might let herself use them a little.

(For anyone who's interested, I have her down as a Gryffindor, and blonde, pretty, but slightly chubby/curvy because her parents spoiled her a little as a child. She downplays the Veela thing so she doesn't alienate other girls, and is generally popular. She is not unintelligent, but has never taken to academic work. She does better at the practical side of magic than essays, but her essays pull her marks down.)

~Sophie
    Avvie by majestic_ginny/Nadia. Banner by clabbert2102/Bella. Thank you both!

I write, I drabble, duel, beta and draw,
    I am a Hufflepuff to the core!