Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victoire Weasley

Hybrid View

Wotcher-Tonks

Victoire Weasley

I have been wondering about her personality.
    I am writing a LONG Teddy/Victoire fic, and I have got Teddy, but I can't quite figure out Victoire.
    Thoughts on her personality?

Mudblood_and_Proud_of_it
    Hi!
    This is a toughie because JKR never really said much on her, but I'll try to help!
    I think that Victoire will look a lot like her mother, but act less haughty and more laid back than Fleur, having spent most of her life with the Weasley brood. She'll probably be brave, as both Bill and Fleur are. She'll definitely be in Gryffindor. You might want to make her a bit of a rebel (like Ginny, but different). She'll be smart as well, but maybe one of her flaws is that she has a quick temper, and it may add to her uniqueness if she starts jabbering in French when she gets mad or something, though she doesn't show any signs of French speech elsewhere.
    I think it really helps to do a question/answer sort of thing, like in the OC section, even though Victoire isn't an OC. I hope that sort of helps!

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills

I think that she might be a bit proud and probably quite a bit stubborn. She's probably not very Veela-like, since she only has 1/8 Veela blood in her, but probably have Fleur's looks. I agree with Mudblood_and_Proud_of It that OC thread might be easier for you to get to know her.

Kate
    IB + Senior Year = Hiatus...again
    Kate...iPoem!...iWrite!...iBanner!...Dumbledore's Navy!
    Avvie and banner by me! Please request!

HARRYHARRYHARRYs_twin
    All right, looks I'll start out with. I think she'll have blonde hair, like her mother, but with a bit of red in it. So a blondie strawberry blonde. I see her as having brown eyes, that sparkle. (I've figured this by my small knowledge of genetics, and all that. Take your 'creative freedom' with it.)

Now, personality. Well, as she has no inhibitions about snogging in public, we can figure she's a bit carefree, even reckless. She must not really care what people care about her, or she doesn't show it. I'd think she'd be somewhat popular, and likes being around her friends. I agree on Gryffindor. She is a Weasley, right?

Random fact: Her birthday is May 2nd.

The hard part of writing her will be setting her apart from the other writer's versions of her. Just don't make her a new, more superficial Fleur, who is absolutely perfect and the most popular girl in school, and so on. . . . And you'll be good, I think.

~Selina

Pendraegona

Victoire's personality

Yep, I know where you're coming from--I've got details written out for a long Teddy/Victoire fic as well, but as it may never happen...

My theory, as in said unwritten fic: Victoire was born blonde, silk blankets, silver spoon, etc.--and for fear that the first Weasley grandchild would turn out like Fleur, George and Charlie took an oath over her cradle to raise her a proper Weasley. They just overdid it a bit, you know? Too much time in the joke shop, dangerous games while babysitting, a simple day outing with Charlie meaning flooing to Romania to see Norberta and the other dragons, Weird Sisters concerts, Quidditch matches..."overdone" to the point that by the time she's six years old, Fleur gives up trying to make a lady out of her and forbids her uncles from babysitting Dominique and Louis (Victoire's younger siblings).

Long, dyed-red-but-not-quite-Weasley-red hair, grey eyes, one gold hoop earring, ripped jeans and wizard band t-shirts all the time...oh yeah, Fred's dragonskin jacket, a gift from George for her birthday...curses in fluent French, plays either beater or seeker on Gryff. team, has a "punch people" rather than "go for the wand" reflex (which can get her in tight corners), WAAAYYY out of bounds all the time but practically never gets caught, group of OC friends who organize mad, adventurous, and somewhat illegal schemes around her...

That's a pretty specific Victoire. Tomboy might be an easier route to take than punkish rulebreaker, but as other people have said, I can't see her being very Fleurish at all. Definitely more like Bill (or George, or Charlie, for that matter). Good luck figuring out what you'll do with her. It's sort of wide open.

-Penn

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I agree. I definantly don't believe Victoire's uncles would have ever allowed her to become Fleur's Mini-Me, but I still believe her mother would have had some influence over her. Like her mother, she may have learned that being part veela has it's perks, and, if she really is smart like people believe, she would use it to her full advantage. But I also see her as a Weasley in the fact that she would have a temper and being a Gryffindor.

Poor Victoire, she's caught between two parents where the family traites refuse to die. I think I feel even more sorry for Teddy, though. Porr sap has no idea what he's getting into!

I also wonder about Victoire's French heritage, being the child of immigrants myself. Do you believe Fleur spoke French to her from the time she was a baby and she is now fluent, or does she know only enough to titter and swear? Do you think Fleur would try to encourage her French side, or since she is living in Britain and going to a British school, want her to be a British child so she wouldn't stand out as much? What do you believes Victoire's relationship with her Weasley reletives is like? And her Delacour reletives?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Snape Hates Me
    For a plot bunny I'm currently developing, I want to make use of Victoire's Veela ancestry. As she is only 1/8 Veela, she probably wouldn't have strong Veela powers, but I wondered about making her able to kind of turn them on and off.

To explain further, the "Veela-ness" would normally be barely noticeable, but on occasion when she wanted to, she could sort of amplify it, if she really tried hard. It's a pretty strange idea, I know, but do you think it is plausible?

Also, if I did use this idea, when do you think Victoire would be willing to use her powers? My instinct was that she might be too proud to use them often. She would rather prove that she could get by without them, but on occasion, for example with a guy she really liked, she might let herself use them a little.

(For anyone who's interested, I have her down as a Gryffindor, and blonde, pretty, but slightly chubby/curvy because her parents spoiled her a little as a child. She downplays the Veela thing so she doesn't alienate other girls, and is generally popular. She is not unintelligent, but has never taken to academic work. She does better at the practical side of magic than essays, but her essays pull her marks down.)

~Sophie
    Avvie by majestic_ginny/Nadia. Banner by clabbert2102/Bella. Thank you both!

I write, I drabble, duel, beta and draw,
    I am a Hufflepuff to the core!

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Impersonating the Bloody Baron
    Hey Sophie,

I think that making use of the Veela ancestry is a good idea, although the 1/8 is a slight setback.

I'm not sure how you would work out the amplifying, but I wonder if it would be realistic. Would she use a spell or take a potion, or is it an innate skill like Metamophmagi are born with?

The pride I completely get. Look at her parents: Fleur, former TriWizard BeauxBatons Champion. Weasley, Bill. You don't get more stubborn and proud than a Weasley, and add Fleur, well, need I say more? (actually I probably do, but I can't think of the right words right now).

Her looks seem fine, except maybe the chubby from spoiling. Curvy, ok, she's part Veela, but she has 2 siblings, which usually means less spoiling. She also seems a tiny bit too nice, but if you introduce and play around with some flaws she will become less Mary-Sue (from what I think you mean anyway)

Gryffindor and a little bit lazy also seems reasonably in character (if I can call it that), as she can always charm some of the male professors at least into giving her decent marks...not something I'm suggesting she does (pride and all) but if she really needed to, I'm sure she would.

So I think that everything here seems fine except the control of this amazing Veela enhancing ability and the possibility of turning a canon character into a Mary-Sue. Good luck with controlling the bunny!
    [@Bannermaking] [@Poetry] [@Writing] [@Drabbling] [@Duelling]

Incredible Avvie and Beautiful banner for my Cotillion fic by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Snape Hates Me
    I think I would make the amplifying an innate skill. I don't think I worded it very well though. It's more like she becomes more noticeably Veela at some points. Sometimes it's a conscious decision and takes some effort, but other times it just happens, maybe because of powerful positive emotions. I think people generally look better when they are happy, and it's a similar thing here. Does the idea still sound totally implausible?

Part of why I chose to give her slight weight issues was to tone down the Mary-Sueness by giving her a physical flaw. In my head, she is something of a daddy's girl, and so Bill isn't very good at saying no to her. She is his first child after all. Also, she is the first Weasley grandchild, so I think Molly's love of cooking might have had an effect on her. I have always wondered why more wizards aren't overweight, given the apparent stodginess of Hogwarts food (at Harry's first meal at Hogwarts, most of the food mentioned seems to be meat and carbs). However, I digress.

As for personality flaws, I think she could be quite self-conscious at times, and also sometimes quick-tempered and impulsive. I do want her to be a nice person, as she grows up in such a lovely family, but you're right; I need to find a balance between nice and Mary-Sue. Does this make her sound a bit more realistic?

~Sophie
    Avvie by majestic_ginny/Nadia. Banner by clabbert2102/Bella. Thank you both!

I write, I drabble, duel, beta and draw,
    I am a Hufflepuff to the core!

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Impersonating the Bloody Baron
    This is sounding far more plausible now. I'm not really sure what can add...

Victoire could be a daddy's girl, and that does give a reason behind the weight issue. However, I think that the Weasley cooking is much better as it is a well-embedded fact that Weasleys love their food, and Molly is a wonderful cook.
    On your digression, I must mention that they often wear robes, which perhaps hide this.

With the personality flaws, I think that self-conscious is good, because she will have people looking at her what with her Veela heritage, her mother, her father, her relatives. The impulsiveness and quick temper are, I think, Weasley traits already. She has been described in this thread already as strong-willed, so perhaps she is stubborn - both a flaw and sometimes a strength. She is beginning to sound a little less Mary-Sue now though, which is always good.

I suggest that perhaps you check out Bill's and Fleur's threads or Wikis. I'm not entirely sure how helpful they'll be, having not read any of them myself, and I know that children are not clones of their parents, but they might be useful: you never know.
    [@Bannermaking] [@Poetry] [@Writing] [@Drabbling] [@Duelling]

Incredible Avvie and Beautiful banner for my Cotillion fic by Nadia/majestic_ginny!