Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kingsley Shacklebolt

leahsm2

Kingsley Shacklebolt

I didn't see a thread for him, although his name comes up occasionally on other character threads. As an Auror, there would be periods of time where his membership in The Order would be unpolitic, if not an outright career killer. But, Shacklebolt seems to be such a stand up character that one wonders how far he'd be willing to bend in order to remain in a Ministry whose policies were so far away from his own. Any thoughts?

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Well, Kingsley didn't work at the Ministry under Thicknesse so I guess that tells us that he won't work for anyone.

I see Kingsley as someone who's charismatic and very clever. I think the reason he was still working for the Ministry under Fudge and Scrimgeour was because he was essentially working for Dumbledore too. I don't think his membership of the Order was known for some time otherwise he wouldn't have been chosen to accompany Fudge to Hogwarts hen they tried to arrest Dumbledore (OOTP). He won't bend to the Ministry but he may give the appearance of bending.

He's chosen by Scrimgeour to protect the Muggle Primeminister so he's obviously seen as incredibly valuable. I would imagine he had a very good working relationship with Scrimgeour when they were both in the Auror department but they wouldn't be friends.

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

leahsm2
    Well, I assume that the Ministry tends to be corrupt, even in the best of circumstances (pre Kingsley's tenure, of course) But, the fact that he is in The Order and has clearly shown his allegiance to it would make it hard for him to remain an Auror, I would think. But he does have a dual role to play, at least for a while.

lupins_girl2006
    The fact that he is in The Order and has clearly shown his allegiance to it would make it hard for him to remain an Auror, I would think.
    If this is true, then wouldn't that mean that Tonks would also have a problem staying an auror before she dies? Just thought I'd ask

~Allie

leahsm2
    Quote Originally Posted by lupins_girl2006
    If this is true, then wouldn't that mean that Tonks would also have a problem staying an auror before she dies? Just thought I'd ask

~Allie
    I'll be back soonest with something! No idea what, but something!

Inverarity
    I think Shacklebolt and Tonks both remained Aurors as long as they could. While the Ministry was corrupt but not completely under Voldemort's control, they worked within the system as best they could, because then at least they had some legal authority, and access to the government. Once Voldemort took over and Thicknesse became Minister, though, it's possible Shacklebolt might have tried to stick around and work covertly (much as Percy ended up doing), but Tonks would certainly have had to flee, since being married to Remus Lupin isn't something the Death Eaters are likely to have overlooked.

leahsm2
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    but Tonks would certainly have had to flee, since being married to Remus Lupin isn't something the Death Eaters are likely to have overlooked.
    Well, and with Tonks you had that emotional break down that would have been startling to the Auror officials, since you would have to be on your mettle, so I would think Tonks may have been releived of duty at some point, but that is obvious speculation.
    But, this is the Kingsley Thread so, new question.

What House do you think Kingsley was in and what makes you think so?

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Kingsley's House. Well I've always thought Gryffindor because he's brave but I've not given it much thought and there is so much more to Kingsley than bravery. Also it's kind of cliched to assume that only the brave were in Gryffindor. We see the majority of Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws staying behind to fight at the last battle and Slytherin were brave too (Snape and Slughorn for instance).

So, I'm reconsidering Kingsley. Thinking about the double agent role he plays for Dumbledore, the quickness with which he thought to modify Mariella's memory and the fact that he's brave but not reckless, I think he's a Ravenclaw.

Carole
    xxx

Banner by minnabird

Kcharles
    I agree that he's most likely either a Gryffindor or a Ravenclaw. I think her would be a Ravenclaw for one, because he is quite smart.

I have a question too

What kind of student would Kingsley be?

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    How old do you think Kingsley is? He wasn't in the Order the first time round so I wondered if perhaps he was slightly younger than the Marauders, but then he'd be a very young Minister for Magic wouldn't he?

If he'd, say, in his forties, what reason do you think he'd have for not being in the Order the first time around?

Any help appreciated.

Banner by minnabird