Thread: Zonko's Joke Shop

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once

Zonko's Joke Shop

I have a question about Zonko's. I read somewhere that The Marauders were possible owners, particularly James and Sirius. I can't find anything canon on the owners. I have tried on Lexicon, but no mention is made of owners or who ran it. I have a feeling that what I read was in a fanfic.
    So my question, does anyone know who owned it or ran it? Or can I safely use James and Sirius as owners in my story without it being against canon?

Thanks for your help.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    If I were you, I wouldn't say James or Sirius owned it. I'm pretty sure that when they got out of school, they went straight to the Order. More than that, I'm positive that if they had owned it the Lexicon would have said so in both their profiles. As to who did, I have no idea, so if I were you I'd go with an OC. It seems the safest bet.

Hope that helped! Good luck with your fic!

~nikki
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

bluexroses
    Well we can judge by other shops we know the owners of: Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions- Madam Malkin, Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor- Florean Fortescue, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes- Fred and George Weasley, Borgin and Burkes- Mr. Borgin and Mr. Burkes.

By this pattern we can assume that Zonko's Joke Shop is owned by _______ Zonko. You could make up the first name or just leave it as Mr. Zonko. I highly doubt James and Sirius owned the shop. Mainly for the reasons fg_weasley stated, but also because it seems as if the Marauders were more into the bullying and teasing type of practical joking, while Fred and George (whose shop is similar to Zonko's) had more harmless fun.

Hope this helped!
    ~Ayesha

Stubbornly_appeared

Yeah.

I would have to agree. If James/Sirius owned it, 'twould seem a bit contrived, and I think we would know. Besides, James was only 21 when he died.

Although I could see James being a benefactor/shareholder, as he was quite wealthy. Maybe he made a contribution at one point and now they give him free stuff occaisionally because they love him so.

-Stubby