Thread: Passwords

First Year Hufflepuff
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs

Passwords

Should I use a password for the Gryffindor Common Rom that's been used in the book, or make up another one? If I should use a new one, then any suggestions??

hansolohpfrk
    Well, they change the passwords every year (or maybe every semester?). Anyway, we know they change them. So, yes, use a new one.

How about gillyflower? XD, just a random word I came up with.

--Hanni

First Year Hufflepuff
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs
    That's a good one! I was trying to come up with one and I was coming up with crazy nonsense words. I like that. Thanks! I need a few more passwords, so any other suggestions?

anonymousravenclaw
    I agree with Hanni, but it would also depend on when it is (Trio-era, next-gen, etc.). If it is a period while the Trio are there, then it would be a passwod that has been used.
    A gillyflower is a carnation, by the way.

Ron x Hermione
    Any kind of random candies you can think of? Dumbledore using 'Lemon Drop' was mentioned.

Those used have been: [*the following are all Gryffindor passwords unless noted otherwise]

Abstinence [post-holiday Christmas password after the Fat Lady and her friend Violet got drunk from the wine in another portrait]
    Acid Pops [Dumbledore's office]
    Balderdash
    caput draconis [Latin for 'dragon's head]
    cockroach cluster
    dilligrout [a kind of stew or porridge]
    fairy lights
    Fizzing Whizbee
    flibbertigibbit [most common meaning is 'irresponsible, silly person.]
    fortuna major [Latin for 'Better luck']
    lemon drop [Dumbledore's office]
    Mimbulus Mimbletonia
    oddsbodikins [Sir Cadogan cleverly thought this one up]
    pig snout
    pine fresh {Prefect's bathroom on the fifth floor]
    pure-blood [Slytherins' common room]
    quid agis [Latin for 'How do you do?']
    scurvy cur [Sir Cadogan]
    sherbert lemon [Dumbledore's office]
    tapeworm
    toffee eclairs
    wattlebird

Now, I had no knowledge of half of these, so you could possibly add one of these into your story, I doubt that many would remember them from the book. Making up something in Latin, I think, is always the way to go if you can't think something up. Good luck!

~Lindsey

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    If I remember correctly, Neville had made a 'list' of the passwords that were going to be used for the year so he wouldn't forget them. Sirius got into the common room because he got a hold of this list.
    However, the passwords always seemed to change on the whims of the Fat Lady so this kind of contradicted the list.

I think you woud be safe to use anything you want or stroll through the HPLexicon until something jumps out at you.
    ~Kristy

Azhure
    If I remember correctly, Neville had made a 'list' of the passwords that were going to be used for the year so he wouldn't forget them. Sirius got into the common room because he got a hold of this list.
    However, the passwords always seemed to change on the whims of the Fat Lady so this kind of contradicted the list.
    I think the list that Sirius stole was of all of the previous passwords. So Neville would find out the next password and then add it to his list so he wouldn't forget.

WendelinTheWeird
    Some of the passwords are latin phrases. Here are some I thought sounded good:

-intra vires
    -respice finem
    -verbatum