Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seamus Finnigan

WiseRaven
    Do you guys think Seamus would be shy around a girl during a first date? Like would he be really flustered and say weird things..you know be awkward or something.

Also, how would he react to finding out a girl likes him in the first place. Would he approach the girl or would the girl have to approach him.

Finally, do you think his family would welcome said girl with open arms? My mother's generation is 100% Irish and my family loves just about anyone that walks through our doors. Of course, that's just my family and probably has nothing to do with being Irish.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    How old is he when he's out on a date with this girl?

His family seems quite open and friendly at least when we see them in OotP at the QWC. I wouldn't be surprised if they were nice to a girl he brought home.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

WiseRaven
    At this point in time, just about to turn fifteen, so the summer before his 5th year.

And thank you, I kinda figured they would be but I didn't want to assume

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Do you guys think Seamus would be shy around a girl during a first date? Like would he be really flustered and say weird things..you know be awkward or something.
    Also, how would he react to finding out a girl likes him in the first place. Would he approach the girl or would the girl have to approach him.
    I don't think Seamus would be especially shy around a girl. He might be a bit awkward when they're actually alone, but Seamus is always a person who is talking. He's not shy when they first get to Hogwarts, talking about his ma and pa.

Also, he did ask Lavender to the Yule Ball. This was before Harry and Ron had plucked up the courage to ask anyone. And he asked her before Dean had asked anyone (Dean was envious that Harry and Ron were going with Padma and Parvati). I think Seamus has charm in a twinkling rogueish kind of way. He sees girls as friends first and then when he likes one he'll ask them out. I imagine him with older sisters, so he probably has more of an idea of what makes a girl tick.

Mind you, Neville asked two girls to the Ball before Harry and Ron attempted it, so I could just be talking nonsense.

Finally, do you think his family would welcome said girl with open arms?
    That might depend on who she is, and what they've heard about her. Mrs Finnegan isn't a fan of Harry's in book 5 and wanted Seamus to stay away from H/W. She also wanted him to come home after Dumbledore's death before the funeral. On the whole, when there's no danger, I can imagine her being very welcoming, and embarrassing Seamus by showing baby photo's, but if the girl was ... um ... Pansy Parkinson for instyance, I think she'd be prejudiced against her in the 'That girl isn't good enough for my boy' type of attitude.

~Carole~
    ~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

AlexGinny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinox Chick
    I don't think Seamus would be especially shy around a girl. He might be a bit awkward when they're actually alone, but Seamus is always a person who is talking. He's not shy when they first get to Hogwarts, talking about his ma and pa.

Also, he did ask Lavender to the Yule Ball. This was before Harry and Ron had plucked up the courage to ask anyone. And he asked her before Dean had asked anyone (Dean was envious that Harry and Ron were going with Padma and Parvati). I think Seamus has charm in a twinkling rogueish kind of way. He sees girls as friends first and then when he likes one he'll ask them out. I imagine him with older sisters, so he probably has more of an idea of what makes a girl tick.

Mind you, Neville asked two girls to the Ball before Harry and Ron attempted it, so I could just be talking nonsense.

That might depend on who she is, and what they've heard about her. Mrs Finnegan isn't a fan of Harry's in book 5 and wanted Seamus to stay away from H/W. She also wanted him to come home after Dumbledore's death before the funeral. On the whole, when there's no danger, I can imagine her being very welcoming, and embarrassing Seamus by showing baby photo's, but if the girl was ... um ... Pansy Parkinson for instyance, I think she'd be prejudiced against her in the 'That girl isn't good enough for my boy' type of attitude.

~Carole~
    ~Carole~
    I think Seamus would act sweet while with a girl. He seems the sort of friendly lad I would like him to be with Lavender, Susan Bones or Mandy (Ravenclaw in Harry's year)

Hmm.... About the thing about Seamus showing a girl to his parents. I would think Seamus's mum sort of like Harry in ways as he is her son's friend and I always pictured Seamus's mum to be a dorm friend of Lily Potter.
    I think it would be just that 5th year when the Papers were saying Harry was lying besides Ron and Harry said Seamus's mum seem nice when they met him at the Qudditch world cup.