Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Common Rooms

bluexroses
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcharles
    I'd think that she would have to ask the HoH, and then she would tell the Prefects, who would tell the students.
    That's possible, but when Sir Cadogan is put in place, doesn't he change the passwords all the time? Would the HoH (especially McGonagall) really allow him to do that?

~Ayesha

theworldonlyknows
    Quote Originally Posted by bluexroses
    That's possible, but when Sir Cadogan is put in place, doesn't he change the passwords all the time? Would the HoH (especially McGonagall) really allow him to do that?
    This is just an opinion but could the portrait change the password tell the prefects who then tell the students? The HoH may not nessisarily have an input in the password changing apart from when it gets out of hand. They have a lot of work besides password changing so they could let the portrait choose. Also, if a portrait or statue doesn't want to let you in they may not, its their choice so its not impossible that they change the password when they choose.

Hope this is ok and helped.

~Nik x

Kcharles
    Well, Sir Cadogan must have known the passwords in advance, because he told Neville. So maybe the HoH gets the list of passwords the portrait is going to use for the term / year and the Head Boy and Girl get told, who tell the Prefects, then the students.

cmwinters
    Now that you mention that, I think you're right; I think the portrait sets it.

From Prisoner of Azkaban:

The Fat Lady's ripped canvas had been taken off the wall and replaced with the portrait of Sir Cadogan and his fat gray pony. Nobody was very happy about this. Sir Cadogan spent half his time challenging people to duels, and the rest thinking up ridiculously complicated passwords, which he changed at least twice a day.