Quote Originally Posted by Schmerg_The_Impaler
And Darcy goes, “WELL, I GUESS SHE’S BETTER THAN THAT PILE-OF-POO-FACED CHICK OVER THERE NEXT TO HER, BUT, ER, I’D STILL RATHER STICK FORKS IN MY EYES IF IT’S ALL THE SAME TO YOU. BY THE WAY, YOUR GIRLFRIEND SMILES TOO MUCH.”.
I think perhaps in that context, something like "this is terrible/awful" would be more fitting? And in my experience, it's not mainly working-class people who use "sucks". I have a mixture of friends, working class and "upper" class, and it's actually the upper class people who tend to use it more. The same people who use "awesome", so i think it's generally, like Lord Great Chamberlain said, people who have decided to use a few Americanisms. I'm not working class, but i've used "sucks" a few times in my life when it fits better than anything else.

And as for Chick. Guys very very rarely use it anymore. But girls might use it to describe each other, i think mostly in a context like the one you've written, Schmergo, when insulting another girl. "Look at that what she's wearing. I swear, that chick needs some dress-sense" or something.

But i honestly think "sucks" has nothing to do with what class a person is in, but the environment they live in.

~Heather