Thread: Dark Mark location?

hermybabay82

Dark Mark location?

Okay, I've been through the filing cabinet and I didn't see where this question was answered - even in the Dark Mark thread that's there. Which forearm would the Dark Mark be present on, right or left? Or is it different for each DE? Minor detail I know, but I need it for a story. Thanks for any help!

~Stacy~

R_Ravenclaw
    The Dark Mark is located on your left forearm, and it's the same for every DE. I'm sure this was mentioned multiple times in canon, but the one specific example I can think of is when, at the end of GoF, Voldemort uses Wormtail's left arm to Summon his followers—and you know it's the left because Voldemort just chopped off his right hand and he asks for the other arm. I assume it's the same for all DE's, but I could be wrong.

hermybabay82
    Oh my goodness! I'm such a nerd for not thinking to check the books first! I just didn't remember reading that, either that or my deduction skills need lots of work! Anyone else? What do you think about it being on a different arm depending on which one the DE uses the most? For example: I'm right handed and if I were a DE, *shudders*, it would be on my right forearm.

~Stacy~

JOHN91043353
    I'm pretty sure that it's the left arm for all the DE, and I don't think it depends on if you're left handed or right handed, because Wormtail is righthanded and still have his dark mark on the right hand. I'm also quite sure it's mentioned in the books that Snape, Lucius, Karkaroff and Draco also have the mark on the left arm.

hermybabay82
    Awesome! Thanks you two for your wonderful input and help! Mods this thread can be graved.