Thread: Other Order members?

missgiggles316

Other Order members?

I just had an idea for a somewhat AU, Romeo and Juliet-type fic. I was wondering if it was possible for there to be other Order members besides the ones that were mentioned in the books. It's trio-era, and I think it might be possible, but I'm not sure and I don't own OOTP or HBP, and DH doesn't help much in that area.

Oh, and the story's not based off Romeo and Juliet, since I've never read it before, but it does have some of the same element.

~Rachael

BertieBotsBeans741
    I think that that would be plausible. Not all of the Order members had to be shown in the HP series. Perhaps they were off on a mission or they had to remain secret.

Brittany

The Marauding Cupcake
    I was wondering if it was possible for there to be other Order members besides the ones that were mentioned in the books.
    It's completely possible, Rachael. This is from OoTP, American edition, page 67:

"Who's in it? said Harry, coming to a halt with his hands in his pockets.
    "Quite a few poeple - "
    " - we've met about twenty of them," said Ron, "but we think there's more."
    and then...

"We know some of the Order are following known Death Eaters, keeping tabs on them, you know - "
    " - and some of them are working on recruiting more people to the Order - " said Hermione.

Good luck, your idea sounds interesting.

~Michelle (The One Who Marauds... with OotP, American ed.)

missgiggles316
    Ok, then, thanks for the help. Now I have another question -- What could an Order Member be doing during DH?

Thanks for all the help!

~Rachael

Rhi for HP
    Getting information on the Death Eaters' plans, working as Kingsley did to protect Muggle government officials, running safehouses for Muggleborns on the run, killing Death Eaters, running Potterwatch, etc....

xpadfootsangelx

Like said above, there are definatly more Order members than those mentioned.

I think they would be hiding, or on missions. Basically the same things the Order members we know do. You know, we didn't hear that much about Potterwatch. Who says Lee was the only one running it...?

One of the only Order members I really know that isn't commonly mentioned is Emmaline Vance. I've read about her in a fic, but I don't remember if she died/disappeared though...

Anyway, I think the Order members streched beyond England. Perhaps France, Italy, Ireland, Scotland...They could be spying, hiding, fighting, on a different mission all together, even. The possibilites are really endless. Your idea seems pretty open-ended. I think you could evenjust add an OC if you wanted.

Stubbornly_appeared

Haha, Footy! *tongue out*

Uh, Emmaline Vance died in HBP. :-P Just because it's you, Footy.

I would guess that after the Ministry fell in DH, the Order was much more on the defensive then the offensive- as Aberforth said, they had pretty much given up hope- and just trying to protect what they had left. So, protective charms all around. Lots of housing Muggleborns and covert operations. That sort of thing.

Xephia
    I think someone mentioned it above, but they could have been out trying to persuade other people to join, keeping tabs on Death Eaters, etc. I think Rhi for HP covered the most likely ones.

I like her idea of harboring Muggleborns though.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    That is a good question. What pops up in my mind is that an Order member must be hiding out around the country trying to find a Death Eater location. Also they might be trying to find out where Voldemort was located and if Voldemort was planning an attack any time soon.