Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Lucius Malfoy

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    Do we know the name of Lucius' mother?
    If not, what would her name be like? I know that his father is Abraxas, would the mother be a constellation or flower?
    Ideas, anyone?

Thanks.
    -Arya

iDrabble iWrite

Lovely banner by Riham (padfoot_returns)
    Avvie by Samarie (Love_is_4ever)

That which cannot break you will only make you stronger.

padfoot_returns
    No, I do not believe that it was mentioned in the books what her name was. On naming her, you can find some amazing help here. I always use it to name my OCs. I'm sure it can help you too

xxRiham

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    For Lucius' mother, I feel like an elgant-sounding Victorian era name would be the best fit for her. My guess is she was a very aristocratic pureblood witch, so her name sould be a reflection of this.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by GinervaPotter213
    Do we know the name of Lucius' mother?
    If not, what would her name be like? I know that his father is Abraxas, would the mother be a constellation or flower?
    Ideas, anyone?

Thanks.
    -Arya
    No, we do not know the name of Lucius' mother. However, the constellation-oriented names seem to mainly originate from the Black family, so I'd stay away from that. And the flower-oriented names do not seem to congregate around the Malfoys either.

Frankly, I'd go with something Roman. Lucius is a Roman name; you could have her name be something from Roman mythology or Roman history.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Frankly, I'd go with something Roman. Lucius is a Roman name; you could have her name be something from Roman mythology or Roman history.
    Plus, if she followed the same naming techniques as the Malfoys, it would make it seem like she and Lucius' father were somehow cousins. VERY pureblood-ish!

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

BirdG
    And the flower-oriented names do not seem to congregate around the Malfoys either.
    Narcissa and Asteria (JKR spelled it Asteria on the Weasley Family Tree so I tend to assume that's the correct spelling) are both floral names. Narcissa being after the narcissus flower, of course, and Asteria after the aster flower. So I think a flower could work.

That said, in my fanon, Lucius mother was a Nott and her name was Justina because I decided the Notts had a Byzantine naming scheme happening.

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Hello!

Hmm, since we see that a few of the women who were married to Malfoys have names derived from flowers, Lucius' mother should have a flower name too. It would be fun that Draco's wife, his mother and grandmother all have "flowery" names. LOL. It would run in the family then.

But if you don't want it, then you can give her some very old fashioned Victorian name or a name having Roman roots. They work too, but personally I prefer the flowers.

Hope this helped!

--Nadia

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

zazzy7

Lucius

Hi, I'm writing a story where Lucius plays an important role. He is the main antagonist. A few questions:

How would Lucius go about trying to brainwash Harry? Would he involve others to help him do this?

How power hungry is Lucius?

We all know Lucius is heartless and cruel, but would he actually banish his own son? (Draco)

Does Lucius work alone or with others?

Thanks for your help!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Quote Originally Posted by zazzy7
    How would Lucius go about trying to brainwash Harry? Would he involve others to help him do this?
    I don't think Harry can be brainwashed through a simple spell, he's too strong minded, and we've seen that he cannot be possessed and can through off the Imperius curse. However, I think that an extremely strong potion would work. If he did go with the potion, I don't know if he's a good potion maker...maybe he put someone under the Imperius curse to make it for him?

Extremely. This is why he is friends with all the right people. We see this straight from CoS when he suspends Dumbledore and throughout the rest of the novels. We especially see this in the Department of Mysteries in OotP, where he is in charge.

We all know Lucius is heartless and cruel, but would he actually banish his own son? (Draco)
    For some reason, I always got the impression that he really likes his son, so I'm going to say no. Use him, yes, banish him, no. However, if it's needed for your fic, why not? I've seen lots of fanfics where this happens.

With others. Then if something goes wrong, he can blame it on someone. He's not Voldemort's "slippery friend" for nothing
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    I think Harry would be instantly mistrustful of Lucius, so I think your best bet is to have Lucius act through someone else. Harry is strong minded enough to be able to resist the Imperious Curse, so that's out. A potion might be an idea, but it would have to work in a different way to the Imperius Curse, or else Harry would be able to resist that as well.

Hmm. I'd say that he has a degree of thirst for power, but he doesn't want total and utter control to be in his hands. If that was so, he wouldn't be as good a servat to Voldemort. He has a lot of influential friends in the books, but they mostly work to get Lucius his own way, not to bring him more power. I think he enjoys the feeling of being influential and likes having people who can turn things in favour of him, but he doesn't want total control.

I'd say no. You saw how frantically he was searching for Draco at the end of DH. He loves his son very much. However, if you wanted this in your fic, you could come up with a reason for it. It would just have to be very well thought out and written to make it seem in character for Lucius.

Mostly with others. Or if he's alone, he maks sure that there is a way to blame whatever happens on someone else.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!