I'm writing a story right now, and Lucius has a small but important part in it. (I don't want to give away too much, but he is impersonated by someone from the light side.) In any case, I don't know how to write him as a father to Draco, or as a person in general.

I've been too influenced by Makani's artwork (she's a huge Lucius fan and converted me), where Lucius and Narcissa are depicted as being very romantic toward each other. I've also been too influenced by many fanfictions where he is depicted as a terrible father to Draco who tries to force his son to be something he's not.

Another problem with Lucius is his additude toward the dark side. Does he really believe that what he's doing is the right thing (making him a psychopath), or is he aware that what he's doing is evil and wrong, but doesn't care? (Making him a sociopath.) I think he might believe that what he's doing is the right thing, that muggles really do deserve to die, but he made such a big deal of telling Fudge and the others that he was not a 'dark wizard' that it's obvious he knows that the Death Eaters are evil.

This is weird, too, but does Lucius have short or long hair? It never mentions the length of his hair in the books, but it does say he resembles his son. His hair is long in the films, and I can't imagine it any other way, but I've seen it depicted as short in fan art.

In short, Lucius is an enigmatic character, and we don't know much about him, other than the obvious. Does anyone have any suggestions for writing Lucius?