Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: One HUNDRED Word Challenge - Weeks 1-10

Gin_Drinka
    Yay! My first drabble in more than three weeks!

Name: Gin_Drinka (Mia, if you please)
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: One Hundred... what can I say? I took it very seriously.

One hundred times I complained in less than a hundred days. One hundred things I found to hate; one hundred times you tried to please.

Of one hundred ways to make a soup, you made it the one way I liked best. One hundred stars in the sky I would trade if only one hundred more mistakes I had to make. One hundred diamonds for one more look from just another face…

One hundred ways you found to say, “I love you more than words can tell.”

One hundred tears, for one hundred opportunities to hold you that I missed.
    Mia

red haired mom
    Name: red haired mom / Wendy
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Who Am I?

A man sat in a chair, watching people move around him. He thought they were helping him, so he ate the food they brought, and drank the drinks they called potions.

The woman gave him several odd looks, as she waved a stick over him. He heard her mumble something about a charm, but did not know what that was, so he decided to not think about it anymore.

The nice woman guided him to a bed on the other side of the room and got him settled. When he closed his eyes, he heard the words, “Good night, Gilderoy”
    Hey, Gilderoy lost himself. Even though he isn't aware of the loss doesn't make it any less real.

Now for my second entry:
    Title: One Careless Word

Severus Snape stared at the portrait of the Fat Lady realizing what he’d done. With one careless word, he’d completely ruined his friendship with Lily and any chance he’d had of ever getting her to realize she loved him.

She refused to talk to him again. She’d left him in the hallway begging her to listen and forgive him. Nothing he said made a difference. She wouldn’t ever laugh with him again, share secrets or even talk to him.

He was supposed to pretend she didn’t exist, and she would do the same for him. All for one careless word.

bubblegumpinkhair
    Name: bubblegumpinkhair/ Lucia
    House: Gryffindor

Title: Reality Check

He was gone, but I didn’t want to hear anything of it. Countless days I wouldn’t wake because he was dead. The other children tried to coax me out, but I didn’t want them. I wanted him. It was easier just to pretend he would return. I even started believing that he would come back. I lived in my own world, one where he was alive, until the day I saw my clock, my faithful old clock, placed on my dresser.

Arthur, Molly, Bill, Charlie, Percy, George, Ron, Ginny.

It brought me back to reality. He was truly lost forever.
    It was narrated by Molly, just in case you didn't catch that, but now a much lighter story:

Title: Never Trust a Girl Named Evans

Evans. She really was the prettiest girl I have ever seen roam this school, and I have seen many.

She told him that I was the better choice, that I was who she wanted, and she couldn’t deny that; I was right there when she had said it. Now, years later, I still haven’t received one invitation to Hogsmeade. I even see her walking the grounds with his hand in hers. The nerve! When she had said, “I wouldn’t go out with you if it was a choice between you and the giant squid,” I thought she had meant it!
    Obviously that had a OoTP quote, and in case you hadn't noticed the narrator was the giant squid .

-Lucia

Snape's Talon
    This challenge is now officially closed. Results will be posted in the next day or so. In the meantime, check out the new challenge.

Snape's Talon

One HUNDRED Word Challenge - Week Two

Here is the second One HUNDRED Word Skele-Gro Challenge.

Same drill as previous. Visit this thread for questions. Leave this thread for entries only. Winners will received five house points. New prompts will be posted each week.

The prompt this week is:

WIND

This prompt will close on February 23rd.

Please post your entries with the following:

Name:
    House:
    Title:

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: Kristy, aka Fae of the Dark and butter_beer_drinker
    House:Gryffindor (that's why I picked on a Slytherin )
    Title: Holding it In

Draco walked as quickly as he could down the hall; he was in a hurry. He cursed himself for eating the lentil soup for lunch again today; it always did this to him.

With a sigh of relief he saw the door to the Prefects bathroom. He was almost there when he heard someone talking. He slowed his steps as he recognized Granger and Weasley; he wasn’t going to make it.

He concentrated on not letting it happen, especially not in front of them. But he had waited too long, just as he passed them it happened, he broke wind.

I couldn't resist!

Sandy: Oh dear Merlin ... I wondered who would be the first person to take that particular angle.

Title: Learning to Fly
    Ron stood at the top of the snowy hill looking down. A knot of fear gripped his stomach; he couldn’t believe he was doing this. He looked down at the long sticks strapped to his feet and shook his head in disbelief. Why in the word would anyone want to go down this way? Hermione insisted he try it and that it was fun. Taking a deep breath first, he pushed off. The trees began to rush past him and a huge smile broke across his face as the wind rushed through his hair. She had been right, like always.

Title: The Brave One

A gigantic beast howled outside, the sound of it clawing across the roof made him run faster. In the attic a ghost moaned in eternal agony. It blew through him when he passed through the kitchen, leaving an icy chill in its wake. His eyes rounded in disbelief when he saw an open window, the beast could get in. He was a big boy now; he had to be brave. He crept to the window and slammed it down; the beast shook the house in anger. Something touched his shoulder; he froze in place.

“It’s okay, son, it’s only wind.”
    I like this one the best.
    ~Kristy

Ron x Hermione
    Kristy, that was bloody hilarious.

Name: Ron x Hermione/Lindsey
    Title: Alive

The grass encircling the stone was just beginning to grow to its familiar length, as the burial had been only a week ago. The crisp wind softly caressed his skin as he stared at the memorial. The breeze was his only companion as he traveled the world, seeking a purpose now that the darkest wizard of all time had been defeated. Now there was significance to life for others, but him--- he found no reason to continue to exist without his brother to accompany him. He strode away from the scene feeling no more alive than when he arrived there.
    ~Lindsey

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: fg_weasley/Nikki
    House: Hufflepuff!

Absolutly Stunning

The soothing sound of breaking waves filled his ears as he watched her. Scarlett stood ahead of him on the beach; the water encircling her feet with each tide. The wind pulled at her long hair and dress in the most awe-inspiring way, and the sight made his pulse race. He walked up to her and circled his arms around her waist, kissing her neck tenderly.

Scarlett looked out at the pink sunset, smiling slightly. “It’s so pretty,” she whispered.

Sirius took a deep breath; vanilla never smelt so delicious. “Yes,” he said, looking into her eyes, “It’s absolutely stunning.”
    Autumn

I watched the leaves swirl, the wind making them chase each other. A heart-shaped leaf drifted down in light perfection, landing softly at my feet. Autumn had been his favorite season. He loved to watch the beauty of nature’s changes.

“How’re you holding up, Angelina?” Merlin, he sounded so much like his brother. The sweet sound of that voice brought fresh tears to my eyes.

I felt him sit beside me and place his hand on my knee. Even through his own pain, he thought about mine.

“Thank you, George,” was my only answer as more leaves danced by us.

~nikki
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

Silver_Mist
    Name: Silver_Mist
    Title: Little Town of Misery

It was cold again. Cruel, icy sheets of rain poured from the sky, tugged forcefully down as the harsh wind howled around the few wizards that happened to be in that unfortunate town.

Nothing changed in this place. The rising powers of The Dark Lord as he strived to vanquish the Boy Who Lived mattered little here – they were just a story that was long finished.

A boy with green eyes walked cloaked down the street. He needed something to push him on…and the grey misery of the people who had already lost to Voldemort brought that reality to him.

x_GinnyPotter_x
    Name: x_GinnyPotter_x / Kayla
    House: Gryffindor!
    Title: My Pillar of Strength

There were plenty of times I wondered if I was doing the right thing. Marrying a Muggle, staining the family name and being blasted off Mum’s precious tapestry because of it. Bellatrix and Narcissa never tried to break out of our parent’s firm régime; they accepted their arranged marriages and respected the maintenance of a pure bloodline. They were the ‘good children.’

No, I said to myself, They are just dust in the wind, going wherever they’re wanted. It looked like I was the only one who had the strength to stand against it’s pressure, with Ted as my pillar.