Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: One HUNDRED Word Challenge - Weeks 1-10

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: butter_beer_drinker
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: My Best Friend

It just hit me; I am in love with one of my best friends. I don’t know how it happened; he’s actually a pain in the arse, but today he said, ‘I love you’.

When he said it, my stomach lurched, my heart began to race and I could feel heat creeping up my neck. Of course he didn’t say it in the way it is usually meant, I was just helping him with is homework, again.

Now all I can think about is hearing him say it again, followed with a kiss.

What am I going to do now?
    ~Kristy

Kasmodiah
    Name: Kasmodiah
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Last thoughts

His eyes were dull. Life was leaving his body and the poison was running through his veins. Severus Snape lay on the floor of Shrieking Shack in agony.

He was looking forward to the end of his miserable life. He lost everything. His last thoughts were focused to the Boy- Who- Lived. He hoped that his memories help Harry to see the truth. The truth, which changes the judgement of everyone in the wizarding world and help to defeat Voldemort.

He knew that this was his end. No one could help him. They will later just find his dead body.

XhayleeXblackX
    Name: XhayleeXblackX
    House: Slytherin
    Title: Deadly Truth
    “Peter!” Sirius screamed manically, standing in the street, a determined look upon his handsome face.

“S-Sirius, what are y-you doing here?” asked another man falsely cheerfully.

“You know why I’m here! You killed them!” Sirius whipped out his wand and pointed it towards Peter threateningly.

“I-I never,” stuttered Peter as he backed away.

The confrontation between the two had drawn many Muggles out of their houses and into the street.

“You know the truth!”

A jet of red light sprouted from Sirius’ wand, but Peter was too quick. He transformed into a rat as Ministry officials arrived on the scene.
    Name: XhayleeXblackX
    House: Slytherin
    Title: Surely Dreaming
    Remus walked silently into Headquarters, his back aching and head throbbing after the rough weekend he had spent in the forest. He walked through the large house into the dining room; however, he found no one and continued on his way to the kitchen.

Upon entering the room, Remus could tell that some thing was wrong. The few in the room were staring blankly into the table and Sirius- Sirius was missing.

“Where’s Padfoot?”

“They’re gone, Remus. Peter, Lily, and James, they’re gone.”

“Where is Sirius?”

“Azkaban.”

Remus’ heart withered. Surely, he was dreaming, surely this was not the truth.
    Not the best, but hey.

-Haylee

hermy_loves_ron
    Name: hermy_loves_ron
    Title: A Glass of "Water"
    “Would you like a drink of water?”

Simple words. An offhand, polite question. It’s laughably easy, really—but Muggles always are. Almost too stupid to bother with. A waste of effort, like taking candy from a baby.

“Yes, thank you.”

It’s all you can do to keep from laughing out loud. Just look at that cool demeanor, the way she looks around like she has—such a laughable notion—power. She’s so sure of herself, of her power over even you, as she fans herself in the hot sun, waiting for her drink of water.

You pour out the potion.
    Title: Unspoken Lies

Truth is beautiful and terrible.

True, Verity?

You always tell the truth. When you broke that display, you ‘fessed up, instead of blaming it on someone else like we might’ve done. You didn’t lie about your age when you applied at sixteen. You even told us magenta went horribly with our skin tones—input which I appreciate still.

But some lies are unspoken.

No, you didn’t lie—you didn’t say anything at all. You lied by omission. Your life was a lie.

What lies did they feed you to make you join them? What lie made you kill my brother?
    Lately I have sort of a second-person POV obsession...

MissyQuill
    Name: Sammy/MissyQuill
    House: GRYFFINDOR!!!
    Title: Revelations

“… to be your lawfully wedded husband?”

“I do.”

Or at least that’s what her lips form, but her eyes are a whole different story. There isn’t the love that you usually saw there. The sparkle that you believed - till now - to be present because of you. The everlasting warmth that you thought was meant for you.

But it isn’t. All the emotion is still there, in her emerald eyes, but only now do you realise it isn’t for you... it has never been for you. And now it’s too late.

“…take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?”

x_lily_evans_x
    Name: x_lily_evans_x
    Title: Clear

He dropped to his knees, shock rendering him speechless. His fingers found his sister’s shoulders, shaking them gently. She did not stir.

“Arianna!” he tried to say, but nothing came out. Out of the blue, something barreled into him, knocking him to the floor. His back collided painfully with the parquet.

“Arianna,” said his brother desperately. “Arianna! Wake up, Arianna!”

Their sister’s lifeless body lay on the floor, her blonde hair gleaming like a halo, blue eyes staring glassily at the ceiling.

“Look what you’ve done!” Aberforth cried.

Albus said nothing, for the truth had finally revealed itself to him.

andromeda_tonks
    Name: andromeda_tonks
    House: Hufflepuff

Title: Luna's song
    I don’t know what the truth is. They say I’m losing my marbles. But did I have any to begin with? They say I’m out of my mind. But I still feel the weight in my head, so I know that’s a lie. That’s what thinking and dreaming and knowing can do to you. It pulls you into another world, far, far away, where I have no marbles to lose. But that’s not good enough now. I never cared before, but I do now. I have friends now. I am Luna Lovegood, and I am happy. That is the truth.
    Title: Being Ari
    I don’t know what’s true and what’s not. Sometimes I feel like the little girl I was once. Sometimes I dream that I go to Hogwarts. I learn to use... I learn to be different, like them. Sometimes, I know that I’m the different one in this family. Sometimes I wish that I could go backwards. I see the world through a child’s eyes. That’s what Albus says, usually in his most condescending voice. Aberforth just looks at me and just smiles. Mother won’t tell Albus off. She ought to, but she likes him better. But Aberforth is nicer really.
    This is the first time I've ever done this. yay! I hope it's OK. Sorry that the second one is a little rambling.

~Meda~

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Name: mudbloodproud
    Title: The Empty Shop

The tinkling of the bell on the door sounded hollow and forlorn. The sound reflected what George was feeling as he entered Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes for the first time alone. He had to do this. He had to face Fred was gone. Fred would not be coming out of the backroom smiling. He would never see the twinkling in his eyes when he got another idea for a new product. No more jokes, no more pranks, nothing.

George was alone and he had better face it. For the first time in his life, he was just one person, not two.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    Name: Jessica
    Title: Intimate Betrayal

It was there, what he wanted to know. At his feet, there was the secret: the reason why this man loathed him. As the dark, decaying blood crept towards his feet so did a blinding silvery blue liquid: a pure innocence, a tangible truth hidden within the well weaved lies.

Even in the midst of the battle, he stood there, frozen in time, noticing how the white light illuminated his face. The face he once had a scorn for, but now the green eyes saw the black. Harry watched him die along with the intimate betrayal that he once protected.
    Title: Their, His, Her

She ran up the stairs, taking two at a time; danger was behind her- literally. Running down the hall, she wrung open the door to her right and locked the door. Everything hit her in that instance: the most prominent one was that her husband was dead. The truth gripped her in ways she couldn’t respond.

Looking around at the nursery, their nursery, his home, she began desperately to put boxes in front of the door. Only a few seconds later the door burst open as she put Harry in the crib. Her time was up, but his wouldn’t be.

currently chasin' paper
    $$$

mooncalf
    This week has closed! Results will be posted shortly.