Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: One HUNDRED Word Challenge - Weeks 1-10

Snape's Talon
    Oh, so many good entries! This week's winner is Her by h_vic of Hufflepuff.

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: fg_weasley (Nikki)
    House: Proud Puff!
    Title: Next Time, Try a Bit of Shampoo

“Careful, Padfoot!”

“Steady, Pads, you’re almost there.”

“Ouch, Prongs! Watch what you’re doing; you’re going to make me drop it!”

“Sorry, mate.” James grinned sheepishly.

Sirius kept his concentration at its height, his tongue between his teeth and his eyes narrowed and he steadied his wand for the plunge.

“Just a bit closer…”

SPLAT!

The squelching sound was followed by an angry hiss and then gales of laughter from the surrounding Gryffindors. Sirius grinned widely; he couldn’t help himself.

“Sticky toffee pudding won’t get the grease out, Snivelly! Next time, try a bit of shampoo, eh? Works wonders, you know.”
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

Enneirda
    Name: Enneirda/AJ
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Bubblegum Pink Hair

"Ow. Ow. OW!"

The cries came in order of severity, as the young girl wriggled under her mother's steady hand. "Stop moving, Nymphadora!" Mrs. Tonks said, half-chiding, half laughing to herself. She kept the girl's head still as she undid her daughter's latest clumsiest mistake. After diving headfirst into a bowl of sticky Toffee Pudding, and then cursing loudly, Nymphadora was forced to sit while her mother cut her hair methodically.

"There - all better," Mrs. Tonks as Nymphadora hurried off the stool. She looked in the mirror - hey, she didn't look half bad with bubblegum colored short hair.

go go ravenclaw

Here's my entry!

Name: Arya/go go ravenclaw/Arya the Angsty
    House: GRYFFINDOR!
    Title: Rest, finally.

"Ginny! I'm home!" Harry called, throwing his cloak away and collapsing on the couch. It had been a long day at the Auror office, and he just wanted to eat before he fainted, quite an unmanly thing to be doing.

"Ginny? You there?" he said wearily, closing his eyes. Aah, he was so exhausted, nothing like a little nap...

"Harry! You still have to eat!" A refreshingly cold hand placed itself on his forehead. "I've made toffee pudding," Ginny said fondly.

"The sticky kind?"

"Yeah. Get up, then." He sat up and had a spoonful of the sticky heaven.

"Thanks."
    Entry no. 2:

Name: go go ravenclaw
    Title: Stuck.

"Uh oh, this is not good, Freddie," Georgie said as they tried to pull their fingers out of the mixing bowl.

"I know, Georgie. What are we going to do?"

They wished simultaneously that they had never thought of sticking their fingers into the bowl to 'have a lick' in the first place. Their Mum must have enchanted it to stick to their fingers.

"Wonderful," George sighed, rolling his eyes. Fred continued his attempt of rescuing his fingers.

"George," he said, suddenly panicking. "What are we going to do?"

The best thing to do now, it seemed, was to wait.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Name: Gmariam
    House: Ravenclaw!
    Title: Valentine Pudding
    Dedication: Happy Birthday, Sandy!

He rushed home, eager to see his wife this first Valentine’s Day as a married couple. Yet as he entered the front door, he was disappointed to find the house dark and quiet.
    He made his way toward a welcoming glow coming from the bedroom. Opening the door, he was surprised to find his wife lying on the bed, surrounded by candles and wearing nothing but a robe. She held up a bowl, eyes twinkling. Running her finger along the edge, she licked it seductively and tossed her bushy brown hair. “Care for some sticky toffee pudding, Severus?” she purred.

PadfootnPeeves
    Name: PadfootnPeeves
    Title: A Recipe for... Success?

“It’s supposed to be smooth,” Charlie said, disappointment filling his voice. “Didja read the directions right, Percy?”

“Of course!” the younger boy huffed.

“Let me see that,” Bill snapped, wrestling the recipe from his brother. “It’s sticky. Sticky! What’d we do wrong?”

Charlie and Percy thought about it.

“Well,” said Charlie, “Who’d want to ruin our Mother’s Day gift?”

“Fred and George!”

The trio rushed to find and tattle on the twins. They skidded to a halt when a tired-looking Mum came forward.

“What’s that?”

Nervously, they said, “Happy Mother’s Day, Mum.”

Surprisingly, she smiled. “Sticky toffee pudding! My favorite!”
    Heehee, I loved writing this one

MissyQuill
    Name: Sammy/MissyQuill
    House: GRYFFINDOR!!!
    Title: Sticky Memories.

“Toffee Pudding, Severus?” asked Dumbledore.

“And may I enquire as to why I was dragged, against my will, into your kitchen?” asked the scowling boy as a red-haired girl threw an apron his way.

“Sure,” she replied.

“Lily, what is the meaning of this?” demanded the boy, exasperated.

“I want some really sticky, home-made toffee pudding, and you are going to help me make it,” said the girl, shrugging.
    "And why would I do that?" asked the boy, already reaching for the apron.

"Because we're friends, best friends." And she smiled.

“No thank you,” replied the Potions master.
    Huge thanks to Hannah/h_vic for her help with this.

Happy birthday, Sandy love.=Sammy

pokethedevil
    Name: pokethedevil
    House: Gryffindor!!
    Title: A Sticky Situation

Wild curls of ginger hair poked of out a bun as deep brown eyes frowned.
    Rose bit her lip, scratching her leg with the back of her bare foot. A brown sticky substance was brimming over the edges of a bowl and onto the sparkling marble counter. Tentatively, she poked a finger into it.

“Ugh…”

Rose turned; her nose scrunched up and then came a horrid sound - breaking china. She shoved the sticky finger in her mouth and winced as she crept out of the kitchen. A sharp, female voice followed her, “And where do you think you’re going?”
    I had to practically slaughter this one to fit the limit. But it was a great prompt!

musicalwitch
    Name: Emma/musicalwitch
    House: Gryffindor!!!
    Title: Anniversary Tradition

Harry thought back to that day in sixth year when he smelt the seductive smell of Sticky Toffee Pudding in the Amortentia Potion. That was also the day he realised (in the deepest corners of his mind) that he was attracted to Ginny. The potion was the reason for his ridiculous (in Ginny's mind) insistance that they eat Sticky Toffee Pudding on the anniversary of their first kiss, followed by a broom ride over the Burrow.

He sighed contently as he landed his broom in a secluded corner of the garden. As Ginny landed he spoke.

"I love you Ginny"

thegirllikeme
    Name: thegirllikeme/Chanté
    House: The Turnip Garden...I mean, Ravenclaw!
    Title: The Taste of Pudding

His lips tasted like pudding. Sweet, sticky toffee pudding. As he pulled away, a drunken smile was on her face. He moved away without a sound. She watched him sweep down the corridor, loving the ground that Severus Snape walked on.

A giggle slowly escaped her lips and she smothered the childish sound by pressing her fingers to her lips. As she did so, she relived the moment, the taste. Two things were now for sure. One: this was the best birthday gift she could ever ask for. And, two: she would forever love the taste of sticky toffee pudding.
    *giggles like a maniac*