Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: One HUNDRED Word Challenge - Weeks 1-10

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Name: coolh5000
    House: Slytherin
    Title: Old Age

Ron yelped as he saw what lay in his hand. He knew he was getting old but surely it was too soon for this! His wife looked over at him and, seeing what he was holding, she burst out laughing.

“Oh Ron! After all the teasing you gave to Harry when his started to go, he’ll never let you forget this!” She returned to her book, chuckling to herself

Ron sighed. He had been wondering for a while if this would happen to him but he hadn’t thought it actually would. How could he be losing his famous Weasley hair?
    my first drabble

Biscuits
    Name: Biscuits/Ash
    House: Gryffindor!!
    Title: Lost Wolf

He sat scrunched up against the wall, unmoving. If he ignored the world, maybe it would ignore him. Life had taken too much away from him, and there was nothing left. Nothing that he could find, he’d tried. Tried to salvage some meaning in what was left of his life.

As the door to the room opened slowly, he didn’t move. His mind had disconnected from the outside world, shutting out other people and the events of the world and concentrating on its own thoughts.

After the three deaths and the traitor that was Sirius Black, he was almost lost.

x_GinnyPotter_x
    Name: x_GinnyPotter_x aka Kayla
    House: Gryffindor!
    Title: Forever Lost

Luna was always losing things. Of course, most of the time they weren’t actually lost, just taken by one of her housemates… they seemed to think it was funny. She never worried about it, though, since everything came back to her in the end. Everything, that is, except the one thing she wanted back the most.

The problem was Mum hadn’t been misplaced or hidden. No matter how hard she looked, Luna wasn’t going to find her in a broom closet or under her bed. She had lost Mum, but this time no amount of searching could bring her back.

Sixth Year Ravenclaw
    Petrificus Totalus!
    Name: MissBean
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Similarities

I already passed that painting. I recognize the funny way that bearded man is pouring the tea. He scowls at me and I also recognize that low, filthy groan and the squeal of the lady whose lap is now burning.

I’m definitely not lost. I think I did what they told me; I followed their advice. I also think they were lying. Now they all know I don’t know. Now they’re hiding their laughter.

Sharp red tie, new black robes, untied shoe; we whip past an open door.

I arrive. Late.

“Just like your father,” they say. Definitely not lost.
    EDIT Ha! What an idiot. I wrote this with the prompt "lost" instead of "loss." Wow, I feel special.
    lurky! pm to keep in contact please!

Jeffersonian Intern Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: solemnlyswear_x
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: The Survivors

I cringe when the paper calls us "heroes," for the real heroes are those who gave their lives to defeat Voldemort.

It’s no better when we’re "the lucky ones." Although it was by utter chance we made it through the final battle, fortunate isn’t how I would describe myself.

All of us struggle daily, empty shells, our hidden wounds bleeding. We continue to live only because we must, because we cannot bear for their bravery to have been in vain.

They lost their lives that day, but we – the heroes, the lucky ones, the walking wounded – lost our spirits.

Super awesome banner by Ari / A.H.

Pondering
    Name: Pondering
    Title: Stolen Shoes

Luna walks uphill, the grass soft beneath her bare feet. The village children say she has lost her mind, but she hasn’t. She has lost her shoes; that’s why her feet have become filthy on this long, winding walk. Then again, ‘lost’ isn’t really the right word for it. Her shoes have been stolen from the very same children that call her names.

She won’t tell her father, doesn’t want him to worry. Just last week, she lost her mother, the only person she could tell everything to.

Looking up at the sky, she whispers, “Mummy, I lost my shoes.”
    --Tash

leahsm2
    Name: leahsm2
    House: SLYTHERIN
    Title: Acceptance
    He sat quietly in the dark room staring at his clenched hands. The house was silent. The little light, which came into the room, lit the corners of the artifacts. He knew the contents of this room by heart. The mementos of a long gone youth. He wished he could have known the occupant of this room then, before time had ravaged his mind. How different he must have been. The fire that had still burned in that fierce heart, just lit. The fire that only a few hours ago had been burnt out, engulfed by its own searing intensity.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I wrote two!
    Name: Phia Phoenix

When you lose something, another entity must rush in to take its place. Unfortunately, loss attracts negative press because people only notice it when pain, or even worse nothing, is the supplicant. However, some would say that loss is a good thing because it leaves the way open for gain.

Or maybe I truly am unique. All I know is that aimlessness and despair were lost to me when first I saw Nymphadora Tonks’ face. For the first time in a lifetime, I lost the werewolf and found the man. And this is how I have learnt to welcome loss.
    Loss is rather a strange emotion, I reflect, kneeling on my dear friend’s grave. Selfish, rather. I, for example, am experiencing an acute sense of loss yet wishing that I needed not suffer it is so enormously self-centred that I am quite ashamed of myself. Nicolas welcomed the extinguishment of his life. He did not view it as loss. He phrased it as I did to Harry: Death is but the next great adventure.

Yet I cannot possibly ignore my own fond memories of the philosopher, nor can I name the gaping hole in my chest as anything different.

Loss.

(Avvie and banner by me, quote from Fancy, by John Keats)

pokethedevil
    Name: pokethedevil
    Title: From Darkness and Light

When the sun sets and the moon rises, the light fades and the dark conquers. A sliver of moonlight crawling in through the windows is the only refuge one can find on such dark and lonely nights trapped in an attic.

Mice scurry about her feet but Luna doesn’t mind. After all, unlike her, they find their refuge in the darkness.
    A cloud covers the moon outside, depriving her of the little light she had, sending her into utter black.

Her eyes rove around for a source of light and the darkness reveals two silvery orbs.
    “Come here, my child…”

hermybabay82
    Name: Stacy/hermybabay82
    Title: The Loss of the Marauders

The dead leaves flanked the gates as I made my way into the residence that had once belonged to my last remaining friend. He was gone now, as were the others. Well, Peter was still alive but I no longer counted him among us.

What had happened to us all? We had once been so strong and sure of our relationships and they had been ripped to shreds because of the war, because of Voldemort. Three of us dead, one labeled a traitor, and then there was me, a lonely werewolf untrusted by the world. Where had the Marauders gone?