Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: One HUNDRED Word Challenge - Weeks 1-10

hpheart
    Name: Bethan
    House: Gryffindor!!!!!
    Title:What Is Bad and What Is Good.

The loss of something is sometimes alright, sometimes bad. Depends on what is it that is lost. When the air left my lungs, I thought this is a bad loss, well, a bad loss for those who cared. When I lost my hand, I thought that was a bad loss. When I lost my life as a human, I wasn’t bothered. When I lost the chance to move freely amongst people as a human, I wasn’t that bothered. When I lost the security of my disguise, I was scared. But the loss of my friends was the worst of all.

thegirllikeme
    Name: Chante'
    House: Ravenclaw!
    Title: Somehow I Miss You Doesn't Quite Say It

Severus had failed to say many things. When they were children, he had never whispered, “You're everything to me.” When they were teens, he had failed to say what could save their friendship. When he was a man, so aware of his feelings, he had never said, “I love you.”

Words were empty and void. If he had told her he loved her, she would never have understood how much. That was why, even as he stood on her grave, he couldn't speak what his heart so often screamed. Because somehow 'I miss you' didn't quite say it.
    I hope that counted as 'loss'. It's Severus looking back on him losing Lily, and him losing all these chances to say these things that he'll never be able to again.

Mollie Black
    Name: Mollie
    House: Slytherin
    Title: She Had a Beautiful Smile...

He walked into their room.

No, he mentally corrected himself, my room. She’s not here anymore.

He ran his hand over the surface of her desk allowing his fingers to linger on the beautiful locket he had given her for her birthday last year. He caressed the cold exterior as he thought about the lock of her hair that was inside.

He fell onto the bed as tears ran down his face. He wanted to see her eyes alight with laughter again, to watch as she revealed her white teeth in a dazzling smile… Oh how he missed her smile.

Silver_Mist
    Am I right in thinking that anyone can enter?
    I'll post this anyway, but let me know if I can't!

Name: Silver_Mist (or Misty, whichever you prefer)
    House: Hufflepuff!
    Title: Shattered Glass

She stares at the girl before her in barely disguised confusion. Blonde hair, blue eyes, pale skin, slim frame – the girl before her is the picture of innocence. But if you push up the sleeve on her left arm you see truly what she is. And then the perfect, angelic image is shattered, marred by the grotesque skull image branded deeply into her skin, there forever. And that mark has caused everything to fall apart, nothing sure, everything broken. She looks away from the girl, from herself – turns from the mirror. It stays silent.

There is nothing left to say.
    Edit: It was 99 words! *headdesk* anyway, I've fixed it now!

Ron x Hermione
    Name: Ron x Hermione/Lindsey
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Numb

Carrie watched the dancing flame as it swayed and fluttered mercilessly on the wick. On impulse, she placed her hand directly into the fire. She jerked back. Her mind instinctively concluded that she had wanted to ensure that her heart’s intense emotional pain hadn’t numbed the physical. Besides her hand being lightly dusted in black soot and inflamed, no serious harm had been done. She blew out the flame after a minute, finding that not even her favorite scent of candle could pacify the tingling nerves she felt all over her body. She missed him more than she could bear.
    ~Lindsey

Striped_Candycane
    Name: Striped_Candycane
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: What You Have Lost

You wander. Sometimes you know why. Sometimes you don’t. In either case there is a sense of urgency, the idea of something that must be done.

And the wanderings are punctured by little pictures, unfamiliar: a man with eyes that smile, a round-faced baby that burbles, a house with white trim -

A bubblegum wrapper. That is something you know, something you understand, the slightly waxy paper crumpled under your fingers…

You hear their voices: she has lost her mind. You feel sorry for whoever it is, because you too have lost something, even though you don’t quite know what.

abbs866
    Name: abbs866
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: One Last Kiss

It takes the form of a billowing cloak, hovering above you. Any chance of escape is swept from your mind as it reaches out with scaly, fleshless hands and holds your face, almost tenderly. The warmth of the sun feels hollow and unwelcoming to your tearstained skin. Laughter is just a cacophony of sound to the screams that echo in your ears. It takes over your every thought and feeling, swelling up within you like a giant serpent. There is no escape from your own being, there is no recourse, as ice grazes your lips and you are no more.

dory_the_fishie
    Name: dory_the_fishie
    House: Hufflepuff!
    Title: Meant To Be

“We’re getting married.”

“When?”

“I don’t know exactly. After graduation. Soon.”

“Soon.”

“How do you feel about that?”

“I feel fine.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“Look – it’s not like this is a surprise. I was never stupid enough to think you loved me the way I love you.”

“I know. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. I’m not. You two belong together. This is the way things are meant to be.”

“You’re not losing me, you know.”

“I know. We’re meant to be friends, and that’s fine. But I do love you, Lily.”

“I know, Sirius.”

“James loves you, too.”

“I know.”
    /first drabble in a long time!

The Marauding Cupcake
    Name: The Marauding Cupcake/Michelle
    House: Gryffindor!
    Title: Where Is The Love?

She stared. She stared until the lines of her face no longer made sense. It wasn’t the change she’d wanted. Her hair hung limply... brown around her pale face. She piled it atop her head; she pulled it into two hanks on each side of her head. It was all she could manage without her magic. Where had it gone?

She crossed her eyes; the eyes he’d said he loved so much. What was it? Deep dark pools of ink. He never was much of a poet, she laughed to herself.

She sighed at her appearance. Where was the love?
    ~~}@{~~

Title: Innuendo

“Hogwarts? This is the special place you wanted to spend our anniversary?” Scorpius questioned as Rose led him around the lake to heavily shaded spot under an ancient willow.

She pulled him to her, looking up demurely into his soft, grey eyes. “This is where it all started. And besides, this is where I wanted to spend our anniversary.”

His eyes ran over the brush surrounding a thick grassy carpet beneath the secluding canopy of the tree. A wolfish grin spread across his face. “Is this the tree? The spot?”

“It certainly is!” she giggled, pulling him down to her.

~Michelle (The One Who Marauds... with lovers)

h_vic
    Name: h_vic
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Finding the Moment

It’s strange – normally it’s simple to pinpoint the moment something becomes ‘lost’. It’s the moment it falls from slick fingers and shatters irreparably, the moment a frantic search fails to locate it, the moment someone turns to walk away, or it’s the calm voice in the night, always in the darkest hours, that tells you someone has slipped away from life.

For Peter Pettigrew, as he stood outside the broken house in Godric’s Hollow, it was not that simple. What he had lost was not as tangible. He had lost himself, and he did not know when it had happened.