Thread: Geminio Spell Help

Harry_Potter_Mom

Geminio Spell Help

Hello all ... first post here

My question is in regards to the "geminio" spell (creates a duplicate an any object cast upon) - Hermione uses it to duplicate the pendant/necklace Horcrux that Umbridge had.

Can this spell be used on a human?

If not, is there a spell that would make a copy of a human body (minus the soul - in effect dead) in order to confuse other people?

This is for a fanfic I'm writing.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Teresa
    Harry_Potter_Mom

Mollie Black
    Teresa-

I don't believe that you could use the same spell on something as complex as a human, but you can always make one up. Just because it didn't get mentioned in the books doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. This is the way that I would go about it, simply because it's the less complicated route.

The spell can be altered in the form of the word or wand motion, or both. For example, you could keep the wand motion the same but change the spell to hominis geminio.

There's also the polyjuice potion route. Of course, you would have to have someone else who is willing to change into that person for a while.

Hope I helped at least a little bit!

-Mollie

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills

I think that you could use Gemino, but you'd also have to use another spell to animate the being. With out the animation spell, you'd just have a shell of a person.
    Kate
    IB + Senior Year = Hiatus...again
    Kate...iPoem!...iWrite!...iBanner!...Dumbledore's Navy!
    Avvie and banner by me! Please request!

Harry_Potter_Mom
    There's also the polyjuice potion route. Of course, you would have to have someone else who is willing to change into that person for a while.
    I can't use the polyjuice potion as the person needs to appear 'dead' and I don't know if someone would want to take that on

Quote Originally Posted by th_poet14
    I think that you could use Gemino, but you'd also have to use another spell to animate the being. With out the animation spell, you'd just have a shell of a person.
    Kate
    I only need a shell ... this person needs to appear to have died, thus allowing the sense of loss to be felt by those left behind.

I was thinking if I used the spell it would only work for a short time, thus the items (lock of hair, etc) would disappear as well creating a bit more drama (in a good way)

What do you think????

witch6
    Hey!

I think you can use this spell if the human you are duplicating is dead. As in when a person is dead, he is nothing but an inanimate object, so the spell should work. Otherwise, you can always make up a spell or a potion; if muggles are able to clone, why can't the wizards do it? I mean, this is not even cloning, so the wizards should be able to do it.

As for the disappearing locks of hair, that would definitely create drama! So, I would suggest you to go ahead with it.

I hope I helped.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    You could always make up a new spell...

Otherwise, you can use Gemino, and you will receive just the body, without life. There is always the possibility of a few switched organs because the human body is such an intricate thing, it won't be easy to duplicate...

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Harry_Potter_Mom
    All of these work ... as the person I need to duplicate only needs to appear dead ... (think kidnapped - hint, hint). The live person is taken away leaving a "dead" person in their place.

Thanks for everyone's help!!!!! I really appreciate it!

Weasley24
    I don't know if this will help but the very thing you're asking about happens in this fic.

The auther, Pallas, wrote that after a week the body would turn to dust.

Hope I helped!

-Sarah

xpadfootsangelx

i'm

I'm sure that if you just wanted a shell of the person, it might work okay, but definatly if you wanted to clone them. I don't think it's possible to change completly into a different person or clone yourself, not permanatly. I think you'll be fine, though, if you just need a shell of the person.