Thread: Must you be standing to Apparate?

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

Must you be standing to Apparate?

I have looked in the lexicon and I was wondering, do you have to turn in order to apparate? I know destination, determination, and deliberation but do you have to be standing? I know this seems odd but I am working on a story in which Ron is working on something with a Muggle and she does not know he is a Wizard. They are in her car when they are involved in a serious care crash, I want Ron to be able to apparte them out of the car before it blows up (after this he has to tell her he is a Wizard ) I just want to know if it is possible. His destination would be the grassy area on the side of the road, he is determimned to get them both out of the car and to safety, he deliberately grabs her to get her out (the car is either going to go over a cliff or is about to get hit by another verhicle why they are upside down)

Thoughts?
    ~Kristy

First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs
    Well if I remember right, in DH Harry and Hermione Apparate whilst falling out of a window (to escape Godric's Hollow), so I'd say that no, you don't have to be standing to Apparate.
    "What if strange things happened all the time?"
    "Thatíd be very strange."
    "No, thatís the point, itíd be normal."
    Allan Ahlberg

Ever wondered what would have happened if Voldemort had chosen his enemy differently? Read the Neville Longbottom saga:

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    *slaps head*

I toatlly forgot about that. Thanks, it will make that part of my story much easier.
    ~Kristy

cmwinters
    You're supposed to "twirl", although there's really no explanation given for that, and I imagine that for an experienced Apparator, you could do it from any position.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I suppose if the car is going over a cliff they could twirl out the window
    ~Kristy

cmwinters
    Okay, in that case at the VERY least even if you "can't" Apparate while seated, your involuntary magic would take over.

Harry Apparated at like, age seven. From behind the dumpsters to the top of the school.

untitlednine
    I reckon you should make Ron attempt to twirl while captive of a seatbelt.

But yeah, I think you can do it however in that kind of situation.

I completely forgot about harry getting on his school roof!