Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Snakes Strive for the Cup!

starkllr

Super Snakes Strive for the Cup!

OK, Slytherins, here we go! Let's win the Cup!

NikkiSue, Merlynne, Mollie Black, let's all write our hearts out and claim the prize!

Remember, 100 words or less, and raise any questions or suggestions or corrections in our planning thread. And we're off...

Dumbledore stood, and the Great Hall went silent. “In honor of Valentine’s Day, I wish to announce a special treat. As all of you know, the Inter-House Quidditch Cup has been cancelled this year due to the Triwizard Tournament.” The Headmaster raised his hand to forestall any boos or catcalls. “I know that, exciting as the Tournament is, we all miss our Quidditch matches. Therefore, I have consulted with the faculty, and we have agreed to hold a special Valentine’s Day Quidditch match!”

Dumbledore smiled as the Hall erupted in cheers. The players will be as follows…”
    97 words!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    There were whispers heard throughout the Great Hall as the teams went their separate ways. Harry sat on a bench with Parvati and the two of them were laughing.

“Dumbledore is either crazy or brilliant. Choosing the teams based on Yule Ball dates was original but – let’s be honest here, Harry – some know very little about playing Quidditch!”

Parvati glanced in the direction of several others chosen by the headmaster to play. Victor and Hermione; Draco and Pansy . . .

Harry nudged his friend in the direction of a blonde head of hair.

“Well, well.”
    *96 words.*
    (but not enough non-quoted text to get through, sorry . . .)

Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Mollie Black
    Draco had sauntered over to Harry looking supremely smug.

"It seems that they made me Seeker," he boasted.

Determined to not start a fight, Harry clenched his fists and replied smoothly. "I think I'd rather play Beater anyway. I've always wanted to give it a go."

Disappointed at Harry's lack of retaliation, Draco walked away.

Harry used this time to discuss the rest of his team with Parvati.

"I can't believe they have Hermione playing Keeper," she mused, forgetting that Harry was good friends with Hermione, "They can't possibly think she'll be any good.
    Well, well, that was 94 words...
    fiftyfiftyfiftyfifty

Merlynne
    “I’m sure she’ll be fine,” Harry replied absentmindedly, scanning the teams to see exactly whom he’d be playing with.

“Patil! Keeper!” shouted Roger Davies, who was apparently taking over in the organization of his team—which included Parvati.

“Who? Me? Harry, we’re not on the same team!” Pavarti exclaimed, just as Harry deducted the same thing.

“Oh, no,” someone moaned despondently, and all eyes were drawn to Neville Longbottom. “Everyone knows they put the worst fliers in as Keeper. Now what’ll I play?”

“They what?” Pavarti demanded angrily.

Harry took a fearful step back from his date.
    96 words even.
    *lalalalalalalalalalalalalafiifffttyyy*

starkllr
    Harry sighed as the remainder of is team gathered together. It could have been worse, he thought. Hermione would be useless at Keeper, there was no getting around that. But the rest of them would, with luck, make up for her.

“I see Draco’s already named himself Seeker,” Cedric Diggory commented.

“He says he was appointed, but I think he just made that up,” Harry replied with a laugh.

“Want to call him on it?”

“No,” Harry answered. “Let him have it. Besides, whoever plays Seeker’s just going to be embarrassed by Krum anyway, so better him than me!”
    99 words this time.

Go, team, go! Onwards to victory!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    “You assume too quickly, Harry.”

He spun around to see Ginny standing behind him. “How so,” he asked perplexed.

“Roger made Cho seeker. It seems Viktor has been appointed Chaser along with Roger and my brother.”

Cedric looked away from his girlfriend who was being offered pointers by Viktor to see what Ginny was so surprised about. “That doesn’t look like Ron, Ginny.”

“No, that’s Percy!” exclaimed Harry. He listened as Percy tried to gain some control of the team from Roger who looked a bit flustered.

“Come ON, everyone. Let’s not take all day, now.”
    *96 words*
    my new lucky number? Pity lottery numbers don't go that high.
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Mollie Black
    Cedric looked over at the other team. It appeared there was a question as to who was in charge. Hoping to get a quick plan together, he called out to his team to follow him out to the Quidditch field.

As they walked, he called out their positions.

"Right, now most of you know what you'll be playing, but I thought I'd go over it just to make sure there's no confusion.

"Harry and Fleur, you'll be our beaters."

Fleur wrinkled her nose in disgust.
    That was 84 words even.
    *fiftyfiftyfiftyfiftyfiftyfifty*

starkllr
    Cedric had a gift for leadership, Harry had to admit. He’d quashed arguments over who would play where and gotten them out to the pitch in good order.

Now, hovering in mid-air, he surveyed the opposition. Harry groaned when he saw their beaters; as much as he disliked Pansy Parknison, he wasn’t sure he had the heart to attack a girl. And he definitely didn’t have the heart to attack Neville Longbottom (although it might not matter, as Neville could easily do more harm to his team than to Harry’s).

Far below, the whistle blew. The game was on…
    99 words, and it was VERY tough to cut it down to that!

Go, team!

Mollie Black
    Draco immediately shot high into the sky, hoping to spot the snitch quickly. He noticed that Cho was keeping a close eye on him, waiting to follow him at a moment's notice.

If that's how she wants to play... Draco thought.

He suddenly shot toward the ground and looked back to find that Cho was indeed following him in a near-vertical dive. Mere inches from the ground he pulled out of the dive. Looking up, he found that Cho was once again circling overhead.

"She's smarter than I thought," Draco muttered to himself.
    93 words.
    That was the hardest entry I've done yet. I just couldn't narrow it down...

Merlynne
    “What a silly little rat,” Cho murmured to herself as she watched Draco continue to dive after a nonexistent snitch.

There was a tremendous crack as a bludger was struck, and Cho glanced up just in time to miss it.

“DON’T you call him that!” Pansy Parkison growled, bat aloft.

“Parkinson!” Roger Davies bellowed, fumbling the Quaffle into the hands of Ginny Weasley. “Hit them at the other team, got it?”

“Oops,” Pansy drawled, shooting Cho one last venomous look before clenching her bat and flying away. Further below, Ginny squared up against Parvati and raised the Quaffle.
    98 words. It really is a challenge to write so little.
    *win win Sytherin!*