Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 14 and still going!

bertiebott12
    Not all of my suscribed threads are showing up in my User Control Panel. This wasn't an issue until, maybe, a week ago. For example, I have posted in this Ask A Moderator Thread, but it didn't show up when Phia Pheonix posted.

This has also happened with a thread in the Beta Wanted section.

Thanks!

*Claire*

songbook99
    fg_weasley, the length of time it takes for one chapter to be moderated over another can depend on which categories you are submitting to. Marauder Era, where you submit Red and Gold Silk Boxers is a much bigger category than Other Pairing, and it may take longer for a submission to Marauder Era to be moderated than a submission to Other Pairing. The same is probably true for the story/chapter your friend has submitted.

Phia Phoenix, Prologues and Epilogues must be at least five hundred words. Anything under five hundred will be automatically rejected.

bertiebott12, PM me with the details of the threads you are missing and I'll take a look at your forum account to see if I can find and fix the problem.

bertiebott12
    On my Manage Stories page on my account, I have a fic that is in the queue. Well, it isn't validated yet, but already has a Read Count of "1". How is this possible? Did a moderator accidently click on it?

Thanks!

/Claire

songbook99
    Claire, that is most likely what has happened. There shouldn't be any other way for that to have gotten there.

LuthAn

Interludes?

Hi all,

I've searched the forums to no avail, so here goes: is there a rule about Interludes? i.e. can a chapter be of prologue/epilogue length but in the middle of the story? I've had a 600-word interlude approved before, but it was many moons ago and I just wanted to make sure there hadn't been any formal consensus against them since then (December 2006, in case it matters).

If it is acceptable, should the author just make sure it is clearly marked as an interlude, following prologue/epilogue procedure?

Infinite thanks,
    --LuthAn

bertiebott12
    Hello again,

I have just deleted three of my old stories. If I dicided to re-submit them, would I attatch a note to the top that says it was validated before?

I looked, and it said that this hasn't been answered before.

/Claire

myownmuggle
    LuthAn: I would address that with the category mod where you'll be submitting your story. I would be inclined to say no and ask that the interlude at least meet the minimum chapter word count.

bertiebott12: It is possible to resubmit stories if you have deleted them and done substantial editing. It is better, however, to coordinate such resubmissions with the mod who is in charge of the category where you are submitting them. I know I've done that for a couple of folks.

Harry_Potter_Mom

Submission question

I do hope I'm posting in the right place.

I have my first chapter in the queue for submission, and I realize it's not appropriate to contact a moderator until it's been in queue for 14 days, which is not a problem. I've looked around and cannot seem to find the date of submission, therefore not entirely sure when to contact them.

Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

My author name is Harry_Potter_Mom and the story is "The Road Home".

Thanks for your time!

Teresa

Marauder by Midnight
    Harry_Potter_Mom - Sometime in the near future, I will add on a table on Manage Stories that'll show you the date you submitted. But at the moment, I'm a bit overwhelmed. I don't know your date of submission unfortunately, but you may approximate it by looking at the date you updated your story.

10. 03-31-2008, 03:17 PM

bertiebott12
    Hello mods!

I have a couple of questions about the new submission guidlines. Assuming a story has a few of the errors mentioned. When we pay, would some information about ourselves be given, such as a credit card number? I am not old enough to own a credit card, and don't feel comfortable giving out a bank account or my address if we mail you the money.

Second, if a person doesn't have enough money to spare for their stories, do they just not get validated? Is the validated author system going to still be in effect? How will the mods know if a validated author has mistakes?

Thanks for all that you do!

/Claire

EDIT: Nevermind. The question has been answered. Please delete this post.