Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 14 and still going!

songbook99
    hpheart, PM me the details and I will take care of it.

bertiebott12
    On the main site, it says not to submit new chapters or stories to the archives. I am currently in the writing process of a chaptered fic, specifically, the prologue. I haven't found a beta yet, nor have I submitted. Do you think I will be able to submit in the time it takes to do all of those things?

Thanks to all mods who are currently working on the hacker attack!

*Claire*

songbook99
    Claire (bertiebott12), are you asking if you'll be able to submit in the time it takes to get a beta and have them go over your Prologue or is there some other time period?

As of right now, the queue is not officially closed. It is unofficially closed in that we are asking everyone to hold off on submitting if they possibly can to help alleviate the stress on the system as we prepare for the update. We will officially close when the update is ready to occur and will remain closed until the update is complete, probably a few days.

Unfortunately, we do not have a concrete timeframe for the update and the official closure at the moment. We are still working on the preliminaries and backups to make sure the update goes as smoothly as possible.

If, however, you have to submit before the update takes place, you can. You will probably have to take the extra steps listed to get around the 'This category is Locked.' problem. Those steps are listed on the third page of this thread.

snowybella
    I can't post in some places- like the 'Restricted Section'. Is this because I'm not validated or I've yet to be 'sorted' (I already took the test and all but SongBook99 said it might take a while to before I'm added)? Or is it another issue that I can't wait out in a week or so? Thanks in advance for the helop mods!

Marauder by Midnight
    Snowybella - Some forums, like the Restricted Section, are not open to public posts, meaning you must be in a certain usergroup to post there. Please read the rules of the forums you're trying to post in.

6. 02-12-2008, 04:15 PM

GinnyPotter
    Hello!

My reviews keep on deleting. I tried to write this:

I'm offically your #1 fangirl.

I <3 your story!

~Michelle : )
    And this is what came up:

Okay, I'm offically your #1 fangirl.

I
    Is this because of the glitches? My other reviews were fine, and it acts up everytime I try to reveiew something after I post one to the same story. >.> If you can delete them, here's the link [I'm Gin_PotterGirl]: Clickie!

Thank you very much!

~Michelle

Marauder by Midnight
    GinnyPotter - Using the '<3' won't work because <> are used in HTML. The review system is reading < as an HTML open bracket.

9. 02-21-2008, 06:21 PM

Horsesbella219
    [Question answered several times already and has been deleted]

Oh, and another thing out fo interest (As i'm not really considering it) how do you become a professor, and be able to teach a class? Jus curious really...

Sorry for my imapatience for the above question...

Thanks!

Lucinda

songbook99
    Horsesbella219, Vindictus Viridian, the Headmistress, decides who the Professors will be. You will need to contact her about how you would become a Professor if you have a topic you would like to teach and have the background for it.

GinnyPotter
    Hi! Michelle has a question...duh. >.>

Under the staff page on the main site, I see the mods, but not all of them. Whenever there's new mods, do they get to make their own little blurb with those cute little penguins? I like to read them and look at the penguins!

Thanks!

~Michelle