Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 14 and still going!

fawkeshermione221

Poetry length

Hi there~

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, I searched the thread and didn't get any results, so I figured I'd ask...

I'm currently trying to submit a poem, however, each time I click the 'preview' or 'add story' button, it says that I have not met the required length - even though poetry is supposed to be exempt from the length rules.

Thanks,

~Vivian

myownmuggle
    fawkeshermione221: Poetry is exempt only from the chapter length requirements. It must still be at least 100 words. You can either revise the poem to expand it or add an author's note to bring it up to the minimum length. It's a system requirement, so there's no getting around it.

ritaskeetertobe

Formatting

Hi!
    So I was trying to post a story on MNFF, but when I copied my story into the little box, it wouldn't let me use italics!
    And then I tried to just attach the word document, but it wouldn't let me do that either!
    Do you have any ideas as to what I could do to make this work?
    Thanks a bunch!

Marauder by Midnight
    ritaskeetertobe - You need to use HTML tags for italics to work. See this page for help.

As for uploading a Word document: I believe that once you do upload a Word document and try to submit your story, you get an error that says, "Only text or HTML files only." A Word document is not a text or HTML file, which would have the extension .txt or .html.

5. 04-17-2008, 11:43 AM

SeverusSempra

Changing categories before something is validated?

Hello-- OK, I searched the FAQ's, did a "search this thread" search using the key words, and haven't had any luck in getting this one answered, so here goes: I posted a one-shot a little less than a week ago, and I realized after the fact that I probably put it in the wrong category. The pairing is Severus Snape and Lily Evans, so although I believe I submitted it as Marauder era, it probably should have been in the AU category instead of just having an AU warning, since a world in which Harry would never exist is pretty darned alternative. Anyway, it hasn't been validated yet-- is it too late for me to change the category? Would I just go into "edit" in order to change it?

Next question, since I'm very new to this (I've only posted one thing so far) and right now this particular pair are kind of my muse-- does everything regarding an AU pairing like this have to go into the AU category?

Thanks very much!

Marauder by Midnight
    SeverusSempra - If Harry doesn't exist, then yes, your story will have to be moved to Alternate Universe. Regardless of whether your story was validated yet or not, you will have to move it. Otherwise, you'll just be rejected for putting the chapter in the wrong category.

Not all Severus/Lily stories go into AU. I believe most of them are in Other Pairing.

lupins_girl2006

hey guys, i have a big question

Okay, lets say that you're sending in a new story. When you go to put in the warnings how do you put in more than one?

Marauder by Midnight
    lupins_girl2006 - Answering this one last time. You hold the CTRL key.

This question has now been added to the Forum and site FAQ.

silverseverus
    hi my first post so im sooo sorry if its in the wrong place but i cant seem to post anywhere else
    i am trying to read a story and this keeps coming up :Age Consent Required
    This fic may contain language or imagery unsuitable for persons under the age of 17. You must be logged in to read this fic.

is this me doing something wrong as i am logged in or is it because my account isnt acctivated please help thanks x

MJ_Padfoot
    I haven't been getting emails when my stories have been validated or when I get a new review. Can someone help me please? I have everything on 'send me a email' mode and I have no idea what is going on. Is it just a glitch?

Thanks!
    ~MJ