Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 14 and still going!

Marauder by Midnight
    bertiebott12 - A system is currently being set up (I'm currently working with some main staffers in implementing the payment program on our site). You will receive more details in your rejection/validation letter should the information pertain to you. Personal details about payment options will be discussed with an administrator privately.

If you do not have the money to pay for your mistakes, your story will sit in a queue waiting room until the payment has been fully made.

Validated authors are given leeway - we will not check up on their mistakes since they are our trusted authors.

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Dear Mods,
    You're joking about the payment system right? Haha! Funny April Fool's joke - awesome though for putting it into play a day before. You almost had me there.

However, if it's not a joke, I'm rather speechless. >.>
    As a former mod, I'm making sums and figures and that's a lot of bank.

Also, when did the archive get ads?
    And when do you expect to fix the Edit Bio/Personal Information glitch?

Edit: Say you submit a story and get a bill back but you had it betaed by a PI Beta - do we charge the beta? Seriously. I don't think it's fair to pay you when the beta didn't do his/her job.

~Ebil Gato Loco

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

Snape's Talon
    With the introduction of the fee system, will the Beta Guild consider charging for services? If so, will there some sort of kick-back to Perfect Imagination, or will betas need to handle that on their own?

*wonders how much she should charge Keefy for those three files*

witch6
    I have a weird question- Earlier whenever somebody posted in threads I had subscribed to with instant email notification, I would get an instant email notification. The same would happen when someone PMed me, but lately I have been getting these email after sometime like after an hour or two or something like that. It's not a big deal, but I was just wondering why it is so.

songbook99
    mugglemathdork, we really don't have a time estimate on the edit bio glitch as it is occurring because of our limited server space. Until the third party allots us more server space, the only way to edit your bio is to remove all banners/images and then edit.

Snape's Talon, the Beta Guild does not have any plans to charge for their services.

witch6, the problem with the delay in getting those emails probably has to do with the amount of activity on the site.

6. 04-01-2008, 11:07 PM

bertiebott12
    Hello Mods!

I was recently examining the new feature where authors can tell who is online, on the main fanfiction site. Will there be an invisible mode to put yourself on?

/Claire

jenny b
    My dearest modlies,

For some reason, the Founder skins seem to have disappeared off the main site. I was just wondering if this was a temporary thing to accompany the 'Happy Gred and Forge Day' skin (which I love, by the way ) or permanent. I'm rather attached to the Founder of Ravenclaw skin, and I would hate to see them go.

~Jennifer

Pendraegona

Story Rewrites

I searched and nothing came up on rewrites, so here it goes:

I've got four chapters up of a working story in first person past tense, and I'm changing it to third person present, moving around parts of the story, condensing those four chapters into two, and renaming it. Should I fix everything up through edits, or are the changes substantial enough that I should delete the story and resubmit the rewritten version of what I've already got to the queue?

Thanks!

songbook99
    bertiebott12, I don't see a function to make yourself invisible on the archive. Perhaps Beth knows more.

jenny b, the change is only temporary. It's all about celebrating Fred and George.

Pendraegona, while changing verb tense may not be considered a major change, both the point of view change from first to third person and the condensing of four chapters into two are definitely considered substantial changes. Removing the story and resubmitting the revised version is the way to go.

Marauder by Midnight
    bertibott12 - I don't plan on implementing an invisibility option at the moment (mostly because I don't think I know how to do that). If most people prefer not to have the Who's Online option available, I'll take it down. I've modified it so that it shows up only on the main page if it makes you feel better.