Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 14 and still going!

Marauder by Midnight
    Rhi for HP - This is related to the "why don't some of my posts count?" question. You have made over 80 posts but only 55 of them count toward your post count.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Um... I really don't know if this belongs here, but my story got rejected last week, and I recieved a rejection letter which stated all the reasons for rejection. But then, one reason for which the story was rejected is absolutely important for the story to move on. I can't modify it in any way, because if I do, the whole plot goes for a toss.

Should I contact that particular Mod and tell her? What can be done, otherwise?

Thank you!
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

Um... How long, on an average, should a story take to be validated?
    Should this be in abother thread too? because, I'm still getting used to this site.

Marauder by Midnight
    Ginny Weasley Potter - Please contact the moderator who sent you the rejection letter.

deadly_muggle - Please read the FAQ at MNFF. Your question and perhaps your future questions are answered there.

Story Warnings

I'm surprised nothing came up in the search forum box about this--story warnings?

How do you put more than one warning on a story? There used to be a line or two on the submit story page saying push shift/enter or something like that, but it's not there anymore or on the Help page, and I can't remember how...

Marauder by Midnight
    Pendraegona - Hold the CTRL key and select the pertinent warnings.

Email Problems

I am not able to post a new thread, so I have to post in a reply (sorry if it's incorrect!).

I am not getting any letters of validation for my story Luna's Poems. I have had four poems validated in the past month, yet have not received an email telling me that. I tried re-entering my email address into my account, and re-clicking all the preference buttons, but still, nothing seems to work. I also tried to contact myself to see if that works, and it doesn't. I have tried clearing my history on the computer as well, but that doesn't seem to help either. I am also not receiving emails that tell me about new reviews I have gotten, even though I have gotten new reviews.

What should I do/ what is the problem and can I fix it? Thank you very much,

Marauder by Midnight
    If you're not getting your rejection letters, you'll need to post in the right thread for that. If you are receiving any letters whatsoever, try getting a new email account. Hotmail and Yahoo have a habit of preventing MNFF letters from getting into the inbox. Get something like Gmail.

response to reviews

I'm sure I've responded to some of the most recent reviews for my story Pause--but my responses for the last few reviews are gone. Any idea what happened?

When I log out, then go on the main index again, I'm logged back in, although I just logged out. Is it because I out it as Remember me, and how do I get it off Remember me?