Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 14 and still going!

Marauder by Midnight
    lostinside1 - Recommendations should be about how well the recommender feels an applicant qualifies for the modding job. Most recommendations that are sent in would talk about the writing quality and the professionalism an applicant demonstrates and/or about the maturity and intellect an applicant has. These should be from personal experiences/dealings with the applicant and the details of such experiences, be it good or bad, should be noted. The more detailed and more specific a recommendation is, the better (maybe not for the applicant but certainly for us). The recommendation is to help us get a fuller picture of who is applying.

witch6 - The skin is called "champion." The skin should show up for anyone, even guests.

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Dear Mods,

I don't mean to be a pain in the bum -- but when do you expect to fix the invisible status on the archive? I, personally, do not feel comfortable with other users knowing I'm online. I know that it was modified so it only shows on the main page and not subsequent ones but it's bothersome, nonetheless. I'm not saying that I have a stalker or anything but you never know. Also, isn't this a violation of privacy in some sense? [Not that I'm accusing you all of anything] I just rather not have to log off every time I want to read a story due to this feature.

Also, in re: to the bio edit. It was suggested I take off any banners in order to edit it. I do not have any banners on mine -- just a couple of sentences about my stories. I still can't change my bio, and I'm not in a hurry but just letting you know that nothing really works in regards to this feature.

And I was experiencing some issues while reading a Professors rated story - and it kept telling me I needed to log in to read the story - which I was. I even checked that my user age agreement was checked off but the problem continued every chapter or two. Should I post this in the assigned forum for such glitches?

Sorry to bother you. >.<
    Thanks for your hard work -- it is much appreciated,

~Ebil One

Edit: Thank, Beth.

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

Marauder by Midnight
    mugglemathdork - There won't be an invisibility feature. As I had said a few posts back, if it bothers a lot of people, I'll take the online block down. I really can't do anything about the bio edit. Even mods can't change it for you. As I have said, that can only be fixed by a third party. And yes. Any glitches should be reported to the glitch forum, though your particular glitch we already know about. I had asked if anyone was still experiencing this glitch, and no one had responded. Thanks for letting me know the error's still there.

4. 04-04-2008, 06:10 PM

5. 04-04-2008, 06:53 PM

6. 04-04-2008, 07:58 PM

Kcharles
    Hi mod gods! I have a question for you.

Is there a maximum of stories any one person can have? Just something that's been bugging me for a while. And, is there a maximum on your favourite authors or stories?

Marauder by Midnight
    kcharles - There is no maximum for either favorite stories/authors or number of authored stories. There is, however, a limit on how many co-authors can write a story.

xombie
    I have a problem with the boards. I was trying to poast a banner in my banner thread here, but it refused to allow me to post any image.

The error I got was something like I could post only six images at a time. I was howevr posting only one so I'm a little confused.

Sorry to trouble.

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    xombie, I don't know what your post said, but smileys and emoticons count as images on the board. So a lot of or in your post will cause you to have six images.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

deadly_muggle
    Hey! Well... I recently submitted a story- right after the last MNFF moderation or whatever its called. And, it's not been validated. Will I be told if the story is ever going to be validated, or will it stay hanging? Also, will I be told what the problem with the story is if it doesn't get validated?

Thanks

Kiwi

Marauder by Midnight
    deadly_muggle - You can check the status of your chapter (whether it has been validated or not) by going to "Manage Stories" and clicking "View All Chapters". You will be sent a letter whether or not your story has been validated. If it has been rejected, you will be given the reasons for the rejection in the letter. If you see that your chapter is deleted but you did not receive a letter, please use the "I didn't get a Rejection Letter" thread.

Rhi for HP
    Hi mods!

Just a quick question. Why does it say next to my avvie I've posted something like 55 times, and yet when I click "find all posts by Rhi for HP" it shows that I've posted over eighty times? Like, do posts have to be a certain length to register? I guess it's not that important but I'm curious.

~Rhiannon