Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 14 and still going!

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    Validated authors are chosen by the mods. They are authors who have consistently and over time shown that they are capable of submitting quality work. The only way to become validated is be very careful with your editing and proofreading and always continuing to improve. If and when your stories consistenly show outstanding writing, then you might be selected. It is a rare honor, however, and there are only a handful of validated authors.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

BertieBotsBeans741
    Hm, well I just changed my e-mail on this site, as I don't use my old one anymore. And when I refreshed the page I was no longer in Gryffindor. I can only see part of the forums. Help?

Brittany

Marauder by Midnight
    BertieBotsBeans741 - Contact your HoH, Andrea (Ravensgryff) and she'll get you back into Gryffindor.

anath
    Hi!
    In January, I submitted a story that got rejected ONLY because of wrong ratings and lack of warnings. Well, I fixed that and today I received an email by another moderator that the same story had been rejected because of mistakes like a few missing comas and a missing new paragraph. Is it a common event for moderators to classify different things as errors?

Registered n has a prob

Hey, mods! Big problem!

Hey all,

This is Arya. I am a member here, and have used the Remember Me option, but a week or so ago, when I tried to log in (I WAS LOGGED OUT!), they said my password is wrong. I clicked the Forgot Password link, and I got the email. When I clicked the link in the email, they said my request is not valid. What can I do? All my assignments are pending, and I just can't log in, even with the correct password! Please HELP! I hope this is the correct thread to post in, or that this question hasn't been asked before. If it has, you can delete this post.

Thanksalot,

Cheers (OR NOT! )

Arya

Marauder by Midnight
    anath - You need to talk to moderators privately about that. We've already spoken to you.

Arya - You'll need to give us more details of your problem. What did the email say? What was the link supposed to go to? If you have the password already, can you just log in?

abbs866
    Help!
    I was somehow unsorted from Gryffindor. It must have been a while ago, but I just didn't notice at first, but now I can't access the Tower or anything.
    And the "Gryffindor" is gone from my sig. I don't know what to do? Should I ask to be resorted? I really want to stay a Gryff.
    Thanks
    Abby

Marauder by Midnight
    abbs866 - Asked already; just PM your Head of House (Andrea/Ravensgryff).

songbook99
    About being Un-Sorted

This is just in addition to the last two questions about people being Un-sorted after having been placed in their House. If, at any time, a member changes their email address, an email is sent to confirm that the new email address is a valid, working address. You will need to respond to that email in order to be readded to your House's usergroup.

If you have changed your email address and do not receive an email, please contact me by PM and let me know. I will then send you an email directly from my staff account to verify that your new email address works. You will have to respond to my email before you can be readded to your House usergroup.

hpheart
    If this is in the wrong place, sorry.

When I first signed up, I put my year of birth in wrong by accident, and it shows me as being 15 on the 9th June, when I will be 14. Is there any way this can be changed?