Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 14 and still going!

GinnyPotter
    Hello!

Kehribar (Ayse) has just IMed me asking me if I can post her question here. See, she told me that she asked this earlier and that beth responded, but it's still happening. She has ben trying since this morning (it's late evening for her now) and it keeps saying the HTTP 400 error. I told her that not too many people are on, and she doesn't know why it's only doing it for MNFF.

(Ayse says hi, too!)

~Michelle

Marauder by Midnight
    GinnyPotter and Kehribar - Can you PM me the exact error you're getting. Is it HTTP 4400 or HTTP 400? If there's anyone else who's getting this problem, let me know.

Ron x Hermione
    I'm having a problem updating my author's page. I've even tried deleting the entire thing and then posting, but it too comes up with the 'HTTP 501 Not Implemented' problem. As of yet, I don't have a problem with the forums, it's just on the main site. Is anyone else having the same problem or could it just be my computer?

Thanks so much!

~Lindsey

Marauder by Midnight
    Ron x Hermione - The problem might be on your side. According to Microsoft support:

1. In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
    2. In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
    3. Click to clear the HTTP 1.1 check box, and then click OK.
    4. Test to determine if the issue is resolved. If the issue is resolved, do not complete the remaining steps. If the issue is not resolved, go to the next step.
    5. In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
    6. In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
    7. Click to clear the Show friendly HTTP error messages check box.
    8. Try to view a Web page to reproduce the error message and to receive a new, more descriptive error message. This new error message may be similar to the following:
    HTTP version not supported by program name.
    Note the name of the program in this new error message.
    9. The program name that you noted in step 8 may be the cause of this issue. Either remove this program, or contact the manufacturer of the program to inquire about the availability of a fix for this issue.
    Let me know if that helps.

Ron x Hermione
    Once I figured those instructions out by reading through them a few times, I followed them, but it still doesn't work. I unchecked the dialog boxes, got the error message, and everything, but I don't know what's wrong with it. It might have something to do with the new spyware we just put on our computer; it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Ah, well. I'll just have to do it at a friend's house or something. Thank you very, very much for looking all that up for me, though. it was a big help.

~Lindsey

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I can't read anything!

I keep trying to click on different things to read in the archives and get the following message every time.

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@staff.mugglenet.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    What's up?
    ~Kristy

Marauder by Midnight
    Ron x Hermione - Please let me know if logging on from another computer helps :]

butter_beer_drinker - Can you try again for me? And did you get that error from clicking a story? A username? A help page?

8. 02-04-2008, 11:14 AM

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Under my statistics one my authors page, I keep seeing something about how many series have I written. How do I mark my stories as part of a series?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

songbook99
    OliveOil_Med, the series function has been disabled because it was being abused.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Oh, that's too bad! And just when I had a great idea for a series too!!!

But wouldn't you know it? I ALREADY have another question!

I have heard some people on the boards talk about becoming validated authors, but I've search, and nobody says how they did it. Is it after you published a certain amount of stories? Do you have to win one of the contests? Is there some kind of test you have to take? Does the mod just declaire you validated when they think you're ready?

I'm just curious and caffinated tonight.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!