Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 14 and still going!

Marauder by Midnight

Ask a Moderator - Part 14 and still going!

Please view our Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked. (These threads are searchable!)

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

If you have a question which doesn't need to be answered by moderators, please ask Ask the Navy in the Check-In Desk.

If you have a question regarding your story and its status in the queue, please contact the category moderator by PM. A list of category mods can be found HERE.

2. 01-23-2008, 06:38 AM

HARRYHARRYHARRYs_twin
    OK, here's the problem. My sister keeps trying to log into her account, but she'll log in, and it'll go to the page that says, 'thanks for logging in, HARRYHARRYHARRY' and all, and once she gets redirected, it says it's on my account. It was doing this last night when she was trying to get on, and she asked me to ask y'all. She would like to know how to fix this, so she can get onto her own account.

Thanks,
    ~Selina (and Alanna says thanks too)

BIG FAT EDIT: Thanks Roxy! She can get onto her account now! *is happy*

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    I've had that problem in the past as well. Try clearing your cookies and it should go away. You may have to log in each time in future rather than saving your password on the site.

5. 01-25-2008, 08:38 PM

GinnyPotter
    Hello Modlies!

Sorry for the bother, and sorry if this question doesn't belong here.

Just out of wonder, when are the Mod QSQ's going to be announced? I'm really looking foward to it, and it hasn't been talked about in a while.

Thanks!

~Michelle

songbook99
    Michelle, the tentative date for the announcement of winners for the Mod QSQ's is this Thursday, January 31, 2008.

GinnyPotter
    *is back...again*

I'm not 100% sure this goes here, so sorry if it isn't.

harry_victoria posted something in my new beta thread, so I went to look at it, of course. Then, I went to respond to an email. When I came back to the thread, her post was deleted (like it wasn't there at all.) I PMed her to ask if she saw it, but she said it wasn't there either.

Did a mod or someone delete it? Or can we just not see it? We don't mind if someone did delete it...but it's haunting us.

Thanks!

~Michelle

EDIT: Thank you, Sandy!

Snape's Talon
    GinnyPotter: If the response on your beta thread was deemed inappropriate or not following that forum's rules, then it would have been deleted.

Edit by myownmuggle: The comment was deleted as it was not appropriate to the thread.

Unregistered
    Hey, just a quick question..

What would a Fred/OC fic be under?

xombie
    I don't know if this has been asked in the earlier thread, but I can't find it there. If it has, I'm sorry, delete this, and I'll go look for it again.

I've got a few people who've favorited me as an Author in MNFF, but when I click to see who they are, I can see only one or two names. The rest are hidden. Is there any reason for this?

Thanks in advance.

Snape's Talon
    Unregistered: It depends on whether the Fred/OC element was dominate or a minor subplot. So it could easily be in Other Pairings, Gen Fic, Dark/Angst, Same Sex Pairings (if the OC was male), Mystery ... you get the idea.

xombie: That's a known glitch and it happens to everyone.