Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beautiful Badgers Take The Cup!

GinnyPotter
    C'mon guys, let's play and finish this match!

Angelina laughed, before ruffling his hair. “Whatever you say, Fred!”

Meanwhile, on the other side of the pitch, a heating search was beginning to form between Ginny and Cho. Ginny was obviously not happy about Cho being able to play and that Harry had to sit out, as she did not keep her eyes off of the sky.

“So, Ginny, mad that your boyfriend still can’t play? Shame, really. As I was sitting next to him, I couldn’t help but gaze at his lips. They’re perfect, you know.” Cho snarled.

That was it for Ginny. No more Miss Nice Girl.
    (100 words)

Oooh, cat-fight! What happends next?

THE MATCH ENDS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT, SO LET'S HURRY AND FINISH! WE CAN DO IT!

~Michelle

harry_victoria

Meanwhile, on the other side of the pitch, a heating search was beginning to form between Ginny and Cho. Ginny was obviously not happy about Cho being able to play and that Harry had to sit out, as she did not keep her eyes off of the sky.

“So, Ginny, mad that your boyfriend still can’t play? Shame, really. As I was sitting next to him, I couldn’t help but gaze at his lips. They’re perfect, you know.” Cho snarled.

Ooh, Michelle!

Word count: 91

"THAT'S IT," Ginny said, her cheeks fuming. "If you want him, that's too bad! He's MINE, and you're going to back off. RIGHT NOW."

Just as those words left her lips, Cho darted towards her on her broom, and Ginny swiftly avoided her. Her flaming red hair clashed with her now red from anger cheeks. Suddenly, a glint of gold passed by her eye, and Ginny outstreched her arm. As if a dream, she caught it in the tips of her fingers.

"WEASLEY CAUGHT THE SNITCH!" Lee yelled. "TEAM A WINS!"

Yay!

--Vicki.

Heather25x
    Ohh, let's finish it guys! well done to everyone though, for making this such a great match!
    Vicki that was such a great end to the match!

The crowd broke into a deafening roar of glee. Ginny barely had time to register what happened before the rest of her team engulfed. All she could hear was cheers and cries. She looked up, desperately trying to find him, but he was already walking towards her.

'You were amazing,' Harry whispered. Ginny laughed and Harry swept her hair back and embraced her.

All over, couples were kissing in celebration. Team B seemed disappointed but were laughing and congratulating Team A on a great match. All except Cho, who stomped her feet, burst into tears and stormed off the pitch.
    Words: 100 on the dot.

I left it open for more, obviously

~Heather

GinnyPotter
    Congrats!” Lee Jordan exclaimed gleefully, “Team A wins! Every couple gets a free coupon to Honeydukes!”

Team A, along with friends of the winning teams, screamed loudly as they started to kiss again.

“Now guys, we all don’t want to see everyone-” Lee was cut off as a random girl sat next to him and kissed him on the cheek. As she blushed and left, the shocked expression on Lee’s face made everyone start to laugh.

“Here are your coupons, Team A!” McGonagall informed, as she passed them out to all the teams. “Be sure to use them tomorrow!”
    (100 words)

Ooh, some other love between other people. OOOH! ^.^

~Michelle

Heather25x
    Dumbledore held the Cup high in the air and everyone's attention was drawn to him. Ginny was shoved forward and Dumbledore handed her the Cup, smiling proudly. Ginny held it in the air for everyone to see, smiling from ear to ear.

The team lifted her up, and she shrieked and she sat on Harry and Fred's shoulders. They cheered their way back to the school, passing the Cup around.

As they reached the staircase, everyone split off and went back to their common rooms. Most made their way to the Gryffindor Tower, still singing.
    Words: 95

Aw, i'm sad it's almost over!

~Heather

GinnyPotter
    I'm terribly afriad that this post will delete itself because our story is so long, but let's try it! Here's our finished story! Everyone did so well; I'm so proud of you all! It was great being captain. I added a little ending, because we didn't really have one.

“Ladies and gentlemen, here is your Quidditch match of love as assigned by the Headmaster. We are all gathered here to see seven couples go against seven other couples!” Lee Jordan commentated, looking over the Quidditch pitch.

“Give it up for team A and team B!” He shouted as the fourteen couples made their way out onto the field, holding brooms in their hands. “And, as a special treat, Professor Dumbledore will be the referee instead of Madam Hooch! And, the winning couples of this match will be able to get a free pass to Hogsmeade for tomorrow’s visit!”

"For team A, we have Wood and Spinnet, Patil and Longbottom, Weasley and Granger, Lovegood and Thomas, Weasley and Johnson, Malfoy and Parkinson, and Potter and Weasley!" Lee shouted as the crowd gave a cheer.

In her seat Professor McGonagall gave a start. Had she heard wrong? Potter and Malfoy? On the same team? This should prove interesting...

And for team B, we have Abbott and Macmillan , Bones and Boot, Creevey and Branwell, Creevey and Moon, Finnigan and Brown, Crabbe and Vane, and Goyle and Chang!” Another cheer rose from the crowd.

As everyone waited for Dumbledore to begin the match, they pondered over the strange teams. Surely Potter and Malfoy couldn’t work together? At the prospect of a fight, the crowd grew restless and excited.

‘Now remember, ladies and gentlemen,’ Lee said, ‘this is Valentines’ Day. So it’s all about love.’ The crowd groan. Amused, Lee continued. ‘So it doesn’t matter who wins. After all, love is the most important - ’

As the teams on the pitch mounted their brooms, Lee waved his hand to brush aside the importance of love and gripped his microphone.

‘And they’re off!’

The teams kicked off on their brooms, and they flew in the air. Dumbledore came onto the pitch and threw the Quaffle in the air. To much of everyone’s surprise, Hermione, who was the worst player on both of the teams caught it. She, herself seemed quite impressed that she caught it, but then it was stolen by Ernie Macmillan.

“Macmillan takes the Quaffle from Granger… and he scores! Ten points to team B!” Lee Jordan announced.

“Hermione! Pay attention!” yelled Ron. Hermione spun around, giving him a look.

“Well, sorry Ron, if I don’t love Quidditch as much as others.” She snarled, emphasizing the last word.

“Then why are you playing?”

“It’s called “LOVE” Quidditch match. Since I’m your girlfriend, I’m supposed to play!” Hermione finished. “Oh, and by the way, team B just scored again.”

“WHAT?”

“Moon just scored! 20-0 to team B!” Lee Jordan commentated. “Team A, you better stop your love bickering and start love scoring!”

"Spinnet takes possession of the Quaffle! She passes to Wood, who passes to Patil- watch out for that Bludger! Team B regains possession of the Quaffle! Boot passes to Abott, she dives toward the goal posts- Team B scores! 30-0 Team B!”

Harry flew beside Ginny. “Any sign of the Snitch?” he asked. She shook her head. “We need to catch it soon,” Harry said, grimacing toward the still yelling Ron and Hermione. “We’ll never win at- hang on! What’s Cho doing?”

As Ron and Hermione ceased their bickering, they flew after Hannah and Ernie, who were flying towards the goal, the Quaffle tucked under Ernie's arm, Luna and Dean spread out over the goal.

'Luna, guard the left post!' Dean cried at Luna, taking his eyes off Ernie for a moment. Luna turned around and looked surprised.

'Oh, Dean look!' cried Luna, pointing at Ernie and Hannah. They're coming right at us!'

As Dean through Luna an exasperated look, Ernie tossed the ball easily into the goal, causing half the crowd the cheer.

Team B scores … again.” Lee Jordan commented, a little smirk forming on his face. “That makes it 40-0!

“Wait a minute … what are Potter and Chang doing?”

Harry and Cho were in a steep dive toward the ground, obviously looking for the tiny golden ball. Ginny didn’t see anything however. About a second before they were going to pull up (she hoped they would) she realized Cho was faking it. Ginny tried to distract Cho.

“Hey Cho, how much did you confund Goyle to make him like you?”

Cho took her eyes away from the ground.

BOOM.

Everyone's eyes darted to Cho as she fell off her broom and started to fall towards the ground. She looked graceful, but her sudden scream of terror took that thought away.

I can't just let her fall...Harry thought. I've got to save her before she falls!

Harry set himself on his broom and darted to Cho, who he caught in his arms and set her down on the ground.

Dumbledore blew her whistle. "No getting off your brooms during the match! Potter and Chang are disqualified!"

Ginny felt a slight pang of jealousy as she watched Harry and Cho walk towards the stands together after a few minutes of protesting to Dumbledore. She shook her head. ‘Focus,’ she told herself. ‘All you have to do is get the Snitch before that idiot Goyle and we win. Then you’ll have Harry all to yourself and a weekend in Hogsmeade to look forward too.’

“Weasley in possession of the Quaffle,” said Lee. “Passes to Granger, who actually passes back- brilliant save by Creevey! Team A is really going to have to pick things up!”

“Hermione, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but you’re not as bad at Quidditch as I thought,” said Ron happily, as he circled the field, looking for the quaffle.

“Ron!” Hermione burst forward on her broom, planting a kiss on his cheek. “Thank you. I never said I couldn’t play, I just said I hate flying.” She kissed him again, this time on the lips, before she flew off.

Meanwhile, almost everyone in the stands was looking at the kissing brewing between Lavander and Seamus.

"Oi, Lavander and Seamus! You can suck each others face after the match!" Lee yelled.

Lavender and Seamus broke apart, looked embarrassed and flew off in separate directions.

‘Look, Seamus, look at Neville and Parvati!’ cried Lavender, pointing to a point a few feet away. Seamus swore as he saw Neville and Parvati flying towards the goal, the Quaffle tucked tightly under Neville’s arm.

With a loud THWACK Seamus swung his beater’s bat at the bludger as hard as he could and sent the bludger flying towards Neville. The crowd watched in awe as the bludger twisted and twirled through the air towards Neville’s nervous face…

Neville, in a brief moment of determination, flew to the left, the Bludger missing him by a hair. He flew towards the goalposts.

“Longbottom dodges Bludger,” shouted Lee. “He scores? Longbottom scores! 40-10 Team B!”

The amazed crowd cheered. Parvati raced towards Neville. “That was brilliant, Neville,” she exclaimed, before kissing him on the lips.

“Colin!” said Olivia irritably. “The left goalpost was yours! Why didn’t you move?”

“I’m covering the right goalpost,” protested Colin. “You’re covering the left!”

“I’m covering all the goalposts,” shouted Olivia. “You haven’t saved any of the shots!”

'Oi! Colin, Olivia!' Goyle shouted while flying past the goal posts. 'Guard the posts! You’re letting all the goals in -'

'Goyle!' Terry shouted at Goyle, interrupting him. 'Look at Ginny!'

Sure enough, Ginny was flying at full speed, bent low over his broom, towards edge of the pitch where something gold was glinting in the distance.

Goyle screamed with anger. He thrust his broom forward and pushed his broom to its fullest speed. He was catching up to her... He was neck-and-neck with Ginny, both of their arms outstretched towards the gleaming Snitch, hovering at the sidelines...

Both stretched out their arms farther, trying to out-do the other. However, just as Ginny was about to grab it, it flew off. Both cursed, and looked around. It was no where to be seen.

“And everyone, the Headmaster has…uh….caught the snitch!” Lee Jordan slowly commentated, a confused look on his face. “Headmaster, may I ask-”

“Everyone, I forgot to mention that we will be having a half-time! There will be no snitch-catching, goal-blocking, and bludger-beating! Please give it up for The Weird Sisters!”

“But Headmaster,” Snape sneered, appearing. “We have no half-time.”

“But it’s a love song!”

The Weird Sisters began playing a fast song; evidently a popular one among those who frequently listened to the Wizarding Wireless Network. The Quidditch Pitch was turned into a dance floor as couples rushed from the stands or flew down to the field to enjoy the music.

“Headmaster,” began Snape, but Dumbledore cut him off. “Now, Severus, there’s no reason to be jealous. I’m sure you’ll find a girlfriend someday.” With that, Dumbledore grabbed Minerva McGonagall for a dance.

For once in his life, Severus Snape did not have a sarcastic reply.

The players got off of their brooms and started to dance. Ginny felt an urge of lonliness as she watched her teammates get off their brooms and start dancing with their loved ones. As Harry had been disqualified earlier in the game, she had no-one to dance with.

She felt a hand on her shoulder, and she turned around to see Harry, grinning down upon her.

"Want to dance?" he asked.

“Harry!” Ginny squealed. “Of course!”

As both started to sway to the music, they heard Snape’s voice over the microphone.

“Ladies, Gentlemen, and other species of students. Get back on your brooms and start to play! This is a Quidditch match, after all!” He shooed everyone back to the stands or on their brooms, while Harry and Cho went back to the place where Dumbledore was standing.

“Poor Severus,” he was mumbling. “Overcome with emotion because he has no love.” Then, he said in a louder voice, “Let’s start!” He threw the balls, released the snitch, and everyone begun playing.

Everyone groaned as they took flight again.

'Oh come on now, players,' Lee said, grinning, 'we can dance later. Anyway...Angelina has the Quaffle. She flies towards the goal. Some expert flying here, ladies and gentlemen.'

Angelina was weaving in and out of the players, flying closer and closer to the goal. But Crabbe was speeding towards her, his beaters bat raised, ready to strike -

'OOH!' Lee cried, and the crowd groaned to. 'That had to hurt! Dumbledore walks onto the pitch and - yes - Team A are rewarded with a penalty while Angelina takes a short break.'

Everyone groaned as they took flight again.

'Oh come on now, players,' Lee said, grinning, 'We can dance later. Anyway...Angelina has the Quaffle. She flies towards the goal. Some expert flying here, ladies and gentlemen.'

Angelina was weaving in and out of the players, flying closer and closer to the goal. But Crabbe was speeding towards her, his beaters bat raised, ready to strike -

'OOH!' Lee cried, and the crowd groaned, too. 'That had to hurt! Dumbledore walks onto the pitch and - yes - Team A is rewarded with a penalty while Angelina takes a short break.'

Ginny was watching how close Cho was to Harry, and she noticed when Cho licked her lips. 'Get your filthy hands off my boyfriend, you whining hypocrite,' she thought venomously.

Ginny had always loved the story of the Boy Who Lived. It had been her favourite fairy tale as a child; the perfect story of good triumphing over evil. But when Harry had saved her in the Chamber of Secrets, her fairy tale had become a reality. She learned to love Harry for who he was, not the Boy Who Lived.

Suddenly, a flash of gold caught her eye.

Ginny sped forward, trying to gain enough speed if Goyle saw her. Against her luck, Cho shouted from where she sat, her attention finally away from Harry, “Goyle, look!”

Goyle turned around on his broom stupidly, and looked around. Ginny saw that she was headed strait for Goyle, and hoped that she wouldn’t get too hurt.

Then, three things happened in quick succession.

First, the snitch changed gears and started to fly towards the Ravenclaw stands. Then, Goyle and Ginny both tried to get the snitch. As the snitch quickly changed again, both Ginny and Goyle weren’t fast enough.

BAM!

Ginny and Goyle went spinning to the floor, landing in a heap. Dumbledore blew his whistle and the game was halted. Madam Pomfrey rushed onto the pitch and joined the crowd hunched around the seekers.

'Are they OK?' Cho asked.

'Yeah, i can see Ginny sitting up,' said Harry. The crowd waited for fifteen minutes before Ginny finally stood up, rubbing her head. Dumbledore conjured up a stretcher and Goyle was carried off into the tent.

'It looks like Team B needs a substitute seeker!' Lee cried. Some of the crowd groaned, and Team B looked at each other, baffled.

Dumbledore called a time out and Team B landed, huddling on their side of the Quidditch pitch.

The team talked it over for several minutes. Finally, Terry called Dumbledore over. A fierce and quiet argument took place.

“Due to injury of one of Team B’s seekers, Dumbledore will allow Chang to take the place of Seeker,” shouted Lee. “However, in order to make this match fair for both teams, the score will be treated as a tie, 40-40. At the end of thirty minutes, if the snitch has not been caught, the team with the most points will win.”

Team A was not the least bit happy about these new rules taking place. After an argument with Dumbledore, they decided to just play. The balls were thrown up in the air as the game re-begun.

Ginny watched as Oliver and Alicia dodged most of the other players as they switched the quaffle to each other. They were doing great however, until Malfoy hit a bludger. And sadly, it wasn’t to the other team.

“And Malfoy hits Alicia in the back with a bludger. What he was thinking in his stupid brain, I’ll never know!”

“Jordan!” McGonagall shouted. “Be quiet!”

‘And Alicia has to sit out!’ Lee moaned. The entire team buried their faces in their hands – how many people were they going to lose?

‘The game commences,’ Lee said. Everyone watched as all the chasers tried desperately to get the Quaffle – all except Susan and Terry.

‘Susan, will you stop drifting off course?’ Terry shouted at her. ‘You keep knocking into me!’

‘I’m sorry, sweetie,’ Susan said, flying to Terry and kissing him.

‘And Team A scores!’ Lee cried. ‘Looks like Team B need to stop making out and start making some points!’

"Draco, you should be more careful," said Pansy with a frown.

"Careful? About knocking Mudbloods out of the air?" Malfoy scoffed.

"Yes, but we want to win don't we? Just think, a whole day in Hogsmeade, me and you," whispered Pansy before kissing him on the lips.

Fred witnessed the scene with a scowl. “Disgusting,” he muttered. Angelina flew beside him. “Even Slytherins have dating rights,” she pointed out.

Fred grinned. “At least have the decency to knock the other team-” he expertly bashed a passing Bludger at Hannah-“off their brooms before snogging the girl.” He demonstrated.

"THAT'S IT," Ginny said, her cheeks fuming. "If you want him, that's too bad! He's MINE, and you're going to back off. RIGHT NOW."

Just as those words left her lips, Cho darted towards her on her broom, and Ginny swiftly avoided her. Her flaming red hair clashed with her now red from anger cheeks. Suddenly, a glint of gold passed by her eye, and Ginny outstreched her arm. As if a dream, she caught it in the tips of her fingers.

"WEASLEY CAUGHT THE SNITCH!" Lee yelled. "TEAM A WINS!"

The crowd broke into a deafening roar of glee. Ginny barely had time to register what happened before the rest of her team engulfed. All she could hear was cheers and cries. She looked up, desperately trying to find him, but he was already walking towards her.

'You were amazing,' Harry whispered. Ginny laughed and Harry swept her hair back and embraced her.

All over, couples were kissing in celebration. Team B seemed disappointed but were laughing and congratulating Team A on a great match. All except Cho, who stomped her feet, burst into tears and stormed off the pitch.

Congrats!” Lee Jordan exclaimed gleefully, “Team A wins! Every couple gets a free coupon to Honeydukes!”

Team A, along with friends of the winning teams, screamed loudly as they started to kiss again.

“Now guys, we all don’t want to see everyone-” Lee was cut off as a random girl sat next to him and kissed him on the cheek. As she blushed and left, the shocked expression on Lee’s face made everyone start to laugh.

“Here are your coupons, Team A!” McGonagall informed, as she passed them out to all the teams. “Be sure to use them tomorrow!”

Dumbledore held the Cup high in the air and everyone's attention was drawn to him. Ginny was shoved forward and Dumbledore handed her the Cup, smiling proudly. Ginny held it in the air for everyone to see, smiling from ear to ear.

The team lifted her up, and she shrieked and she sat on Harry and Fred's shoulders. They cheered their way back to the school, passing the Cup around.

As they reached the staircase, everyone split off and went back to their common rooms. Most made their way to the Gryffindor Tower, still singing. As the days wore on, even after Valentines Day, you could see couples everyone kissing and talking about the match. And that, my friends, is how Quidditch is related to love.
    ~Michelle