Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Badgers Take The Cup!

GinnyPotter

Beautiful Badgers Take The Cup!

(Yeah ... sucky title, I know. Forgive me, it's 7 AM here.)

Other teams beware ... NO DO ENTER!!

So, this is going to be our little thread where we post our drabbles for the Quidditch match. Here is our promt that we are going to use (This one will be fun!):

“Love Is In The Air”

Dumbledore, that great believer in the power of love, has taken Madam Hooch's place as Referee for a special Valentine's Day Quidditch Match. Seven couples have signed up to play, forming two teams, with the winning couples getting a free pass to Hogsmeade to celebrate their win at Madam Puddifoot's!

For this challenge, you will need to choose seven boy/girl couples. They do not have to be canon pairings, but we do need to to be able to tell who is paired with whom. Since Dumbledore is refereeing the match, it will need to be set in Harry's 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th year. Split the couples into two teams any way you choose, but we want to see some tension, and we want to see some Valentine's Day sweetness - all during the Quidditch match!

So, remember when I PMed you guys with your favorite characters? Well, we are going to use most of them (If it was Dumbledore, well, that would be a little hard.) I'm posting the ones that we can probably use (Some people put teh Marauders, but they are ... uh ... dead.)

Heather - Luna
    Vicky - Harry, Luna, Ron
    Shivy - Remus, Ginny, Hermione
    Michelle - Ginny, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna
    ~Michelle

FlightofthePhoenix
    Whooo! Let's get this game going people! I have acouple of ideas already. Maybe, becuase it's all suppose to be lovey-dovey and fluff, we could have the circle goals in the shape of love hearts instead? Just an idea. And maybe we could have one team trying to distract the other. Flipping hair over shoulder if somone likes the person doing that. Or smiling at them to drictract them to get the Quaffle. And they could be wearing love heart decorated robes and stuff. Just little things like that to show the love in the air (literally I guess in this case, hehe)

That's all from me for now. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with. And I'll just pop in and out with suggestions becuase I'm only an alternate. Goodluck everyone on the team thats writing!

~Nicole

GinnyPotter
    The Hufflpeuff are ready to start!

“Ladies and gentlemen, here is your Quidditch match of love as assigned by the Headmaster. We are all gathered here to see seven couples go against seven other couples!” Lee Jordan commentated, looking over the Quidditch pitch.

“Give it up for team A and team B!” He shouted as the fourteen couples made their way out onto the field, holding brooms in their hands. “And, as a special treat, Professor Dumbledore will be the referee instead of Madam Hooch! And, the winning couples of this match will be able to get a free pass to Hogsmeade for tomorrow’s visit!”
    (99 words)

Remember guys:

* Beta each other
    * Make sure to be under 100 words
    * Have fun!

~Michelle

bluemoon13
    YAY! We've started! To confirm, we are going with these teams and positions right?

Team A
    Harry/Ginny - Seeker
    Ron/Hermione - Chaser
    Luna/Dean - Keeper
    Fred/Angelina - Beaters
    Malfoy/Pansy - Beaters
    Neville/Pavarti - Chaser
    Oliver/Alicia - Chaser

Team B
    Seamus/Lavander - Beater
    Crabbe/Romilda - Beaters
    Goyle/Cho - Seeker
    Hannah/Ernie - Chaser
    Susan/Terry - Chaser
    Colin/Olivia - Keeper
    Dennis/Nicole - Chaser
    Ok, I suppose I'll continue.

"For team A, we have Wood and Spinnet, Patil and Longbottom, Weasley and Granger, Lovegood and Thomas, Weasley and Johnson, Malfoy and Parkinson, and Potter and Weasley!" Lee shouted as the crowd gave a cheer.

In her seat Professor McGonagall gave a start. Had she heard wrong? Potter and Malfoy? On the same team? This should prove interesting...

And for team B, we have Abbott and Macmillan , Bones and Boot, Creevey and Branwell, Creevey and Moon, Finnigan and Brown, Crabbe and Vane, and Goyle and Chang!” Another cheer rose from the crowd.
    (93 words)

~Shivy

Heather25x
    Well, i suppose i'll write the next one

Words: 98

As everyone waited for Dumbledore to begin the match, they pondered over the strange teams. Surely Potter and Malfoy couldn’t work together? At the prospect of a fight, the crowd grew restless and excited.

‘Now remember, ladies and gentlemen,’ Lee said, ‘this is Valentines’ Day. So it’s all about love.’ The crowd groan. Amused, Lee continued. ‘So it doesn’t matter who wins. After all, love is the most important - ’

As the teams on the pitch mounted their brooms, Lee waved his hand to brush aside the importance of love and gripped his microphone.

‘And they’re off!’

harry_victoria
    As everyone waited for Dumbledore to begin the match, they pondered over the strange teams. Surely Potter and Malfoy couldn’t work together? At the prospect of a fight, the crowd grew restless and excited.

‘Now remember, ladies and gentlemen,’ Lee said, ‘this is Valentines’ Day. So it’s all about love.’ The crowd groan. Amused, Lee continued. ‘So it doesn’t matter who wins. After all, love is the most important - ’

As the teams on the pitch mounted their brooms, Lee waved his hand to brush aside the importance of love and gripped his microphone.

‘And they’re off!’
    Sorry all... RL has been hectic >.<

Word count:78

The teams kicked off on their brooms, and they flew in the air. Dumbledore came onto the pitch and threw the Quaffle in the air. To much of everyone’s surprise, Hermione, who was the worst player on both of the teams caught it. She, herself seemed quite impressed that she caught it, but then it was stolen by Ernie Macmillan.

“Macmillan takes the Quaffle from Granger… and he scores! Ten points to team B!” Lee Jordan announced.

GinnyPotter
    Had a bunny just now ... lol.

I'd like to point out that if two people have already gone and you want to post, you can.

“Hermione! Pay attention!” yelled Ron. Hermione spun around, giving him a look.

“Well, sorry Ron, if I don’t love Quidditch as much as others.” She snarled, emphasizing the last word.

“Then why are you playing?”

“It’s called “LOVE” Quidditch match. Since I’m your girlfriend, I’m supposed to play!” Hermione finished. “Oh, and by the way, team B just scored again.”

“WHAT!?”

“Moon just scored! 20-0 to team B!” Lee Jordan commentated. “Team A, you better stop your love bickering and start love scoring!”
    84 words.

(I'm guessing Moon is Nicole)

~Michelle

bluemoon13
    Yea, sorry about that. Made up a couple of last names for Nicole and Olivia. Hope no one minds. They aren't very good, so if any one as better ones...

Word Count: 82
    "Spinnet takes possession of the Quaffle! She passes to Wood, who passes to Patil- watch out for that Bludger! Team B regains possession of the Quaffle! Boot passes to Abott, she dives toward the goal posts- Team B scores! 30-0 Team B!”

Harry flew beside Ginny. “Any sign of the Snitch?” he asked. She shook her head. “We need to catch it soon,” Harry said, grimacing toward the still yelling Ron and Hermione. “We’ll never win at- hang on! What’s Cho doing?”
    ~Shivy

harry_victoria
    Because I'm at school and have no creative juices flowing, I'll beta Michelle's bit. It's not actually going to have comments, I'll just make the corrections.

“Hermione! Pay attention!” yelled Ron. Hermione spun around, giving him a look.

“Well, I'm sorry Ron, if I don’t love Quidditch as much as others,” she snarled, emphasizing the last word.

“Then why are you playing?”

“It’s called “LOVE” Quidditch match. Since I’m your girlfriend, I’m supposed to play!” Hermione finished. “Oh, and by the way, team B just scored again.”

“WHAT!?”

“Moon just scored! 20-0 to team B!” Lee Jordan commentated. “Team A, you better stop your love bickering and start love scoring!”

-vicki

PS- Where are the 'Claws and Slyths with their QWC thread?!

Heather25x
    Me again I'm having fun lol.

Words: 92

As Ron and Hermione ceased their bickering, they flew after Hannah and Ernie, who were flying towards the goal, the Quaffle tucked under Ernie's arm, Luna and Dean spread out over the goal.

'Luna, guard the left post!' Dean cried at Luna, taking his eyes off Ernie for a moment. Luna turned around and looked surprised.

'Oh, Dean look!' cried Luna, pointing at Ernie and Hannah. They're coming right at us!'

As Dean through Luna an exasperated look, Ernie tossed the ball easily into the goal, causing half the crowd the cheer.